[Rejected] Create a new Vanilla PTE realm

kurthos

[Rejected] Create a new Vanilla PTE realm

#1 » Post by kurthos » 02 May 2018 15:07

Even if it was stock core, I'd rather play on a Vanilla 3.3.5 realm than most of what is currently available in the private server scene. Nothing else has come out that was nearly as fun as what I experienced playing on PrimalWoW during Vanilla. I think the private server community would actually be very receptive to this kind of realm in the current environment.

And I don't think I am the only one who feels this way.

Eronox
MVP

Re: Create a new Vanilla PTE realm

#2 » Post by Eronox » 02 May 2018 15:31

We don't have the workload for a third realm at the moment so this will not be happening anytime soon. Even though something similar is planned to be in the far future.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

samoman21

#3 » Post by samoman21 » 02 May 2018 16:15

I love the idea for a new PVE Vanilla realm with primal. Unfortunately, Noxies is right about the man/woman power and time the devs have. They barely have enough as is for primal and tw. Adding another server would spread them too few. If they gain more devs, testers, etc. It would def be a fun idea, as vanilla 40-mans were some of the best memes ever :)
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

kurthos

#4 » Post by kurthos » 02 May 2018 16:32

If we still had Roel's SQL/DBC edits he made for the Original PrimalWoW launch and people who were capable of answering tickets, I could handle Database fixes myself.

Obviously there would be dev work required for releases, but Vanilla content/raid scripting requires alot less testing than TBC/WotLK. Gamemasters could answer tickets across all realms as they do now via IRC/website.

siscostrife

#5 » Post by siscostrife » 02 May 2018 17:02

I know for a fact that it would bring back 90% of the population we had and you shuold just close the wtolk server already its had less then 20 people for 3 years

jgun17

#6 » Post by jgun17 » 02 May 2018 17:06

If the Truewow staff decided to open another project before finishing the existing one (PrimalWoW) it would be a huge middle finger to everyone in the community. Truewow does not have enough developers for PrimalWoW at the moment. The community has been expecting the Hyjal release. It would be just silly to start another project up. If you want to help Truewow then help tune bosses in Hyjal and Black Temple.
Subtlety

Eronox
MVP

#7 » Post by Eronox » 02 May 2018 20:29

jgun17 wrote:
02 May 2018 17:06
If the Truewow staff decided to open another project before finishing the existing one (PrimalWoW) it would be a huge middle finger to everyone in the community. Truewow does not have enough developers for PrimalWoW at the moment. The community has been expecting the Hyjal release. It would be just silly to start another project up. If you want to help Truewow then help tune bosses in Hyjal and Black Temple.
I give you my word that this will never be happening, again.
Now when I'm the one in control and as long as I'm here, I'll make sure of it.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Brand6on

#8 » Post by Brand6on » 03 May 2018 02:27

Zuglaz/Buns here, Primal Vanilla was the best raiding I've ever done but Primal was a project to get to wrath and should be finished before a new one is born (unless primal turns into a ghostland) try looking for a similar primal server I guess cause I ride with murmur again.

Regent
Tester

#9 » Post by Regent » 03 May 2018 07:09

jgun17 wrote:
If the Truewow staff decided to open another project before finishing the existing one (PrimalWoW) it would be a huge middle finger to everyone in the community.
Implying that the opening of PW wasn't among the first (of many) middle fingers to TW's community already.

jgun17 wrote:
The PrimalWoW community has been expecting the Hyjal release. It would be just silly to start another project up. If you want to help PrimalWoW then help tune bosses in Hyjal and Black Temple.
Fixed that for you.

siscostrife wrote:
02 May 2018 17:02
I know for a fact that it would bring back 90% of the population we had and you shuold just close the wtolk server already its had less then 20 people for 3 years
So, you suddenly speak for everyone on the TW realm and have the audacity to ask those people to throw away their years of time, effort and devotion that went into their characters.
Here's a better idea: Let's close you instead. It would remove 90% of the bullshit that was contained in that single run-on sentence that made up your less than 20 second post; not to mention the 3 blatantly fabricated statistics that you just attempted to pass as justification for it.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

bakiss

#10 » Post by bakiss » 03 May 2018 07:39

Dang Regent going full savage here!
kurthos wrote:
02 May 2018 15:07
Even if it was stock core, I'd rather play on a Vanilla 3.3.5 realm than most of what is currently available in the private server scene. Nothing else has come out that was nearly as fun as what I experienced playing on PrimalWoW during Vanilla. I think the private server community would actually be very receptive to this kind of realm in the current environment.

And I don't think I am the only one who feels this way.
You most likely aren't the only one that feels that way, nostalgia hits like that, but if you would get what you want, most ppl would not play on your new realm. People like to keep what they've played for :)

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 03 May 2018 08:42

jgun17 wrote:
i see a bright future in you

Justicelight
Donor

#12 » Post by Justicelight » 03 May 2018 11:49

I don`t know why you guys reply to this guy in such a hostile manner :D. If it was someone who had some history here, or atleast be a part of wotlk realm for some years, then his insight would be trully worth taking into consideration.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Ravenseeker
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Ravenseeker » 03 May 2018 11:57

Keep the language in check here, or we are going to have to lock the topic.

As already said by Noxies, we don't have any plans in the near future for such a realm, and we also simply don't have the staff for it.

Kajel

#14 » Post by Kajel » 03 May 2018 16:37

Oh wow. My post got deleted. Bretty good stuff.
#MyWorld
#JustinBieber
#Dudewitwings

Almsivi
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Almsivi » 03 May 2018 17:26

While I have to agree that vanilla 3.3.5 was quite probably one of the most amusing and unique things I had chance to take part in during last few years of playing WoW, I highly doubt this is a good idea. There were copy cat servers who failed at launch few months ago. Not to mention that dev power here has seen better days. There are too few active developers and they are fragile beings, that burn out quite quickly if you put too much pressure on. If I recall correctly from the period I had the honour of working with and helping them. :P

Oh well I'm just stalking TW forums and discord from time to time as I've left wow in general way behind me... But had to throw my two cents. Don't mind me.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli