Suggestion for Primal

bulletfreak

Suggestion for Primal

#1 » Post by bulletfreak » 06 Apr 2018 22:59

I briefly played Primal during the vanilla phase, and I honestly really liked it. Wrath where over half the horde isn't elves, no horde pallys/alliance shaman? Hell yeah. Vanilla with nice updated Wrath talents? Sign me up. Sadly I lost interest a few months before TBC launched. Now looking at it, why would I want to play TBC on a Wrath client? There's Dreanei/Belfs and alliance shaman and horde pallys, the vanilla progression is dead and your best bet is to transfer a level 60 or else you'll be doing a lot of solo leveling. TBC on a Wrath client just isn't nearly unique or exciting as vanilla on a Wrath client. I realize the goal of Primal was to be able to progress from vanilla to Wrath on one client, but at the end of the day who's even playing anymore? When I played the pop was a steady 200-400, more then enough for a niche server like this. Now it looks like it struggles to even break 100. There was hype for Primal when it was in it's vanilla stage, people were pumped for the Naxx release. Now it seems like all the hypes gone and no one really cares anymore. Basically, my suggestion is to launch a separate Primal realm that's locked in Vanilla perpetually, but with an eternal progression system so it doesn't just fizzle out after the first couple guilds finish progression. I think you could draw up enough hype to get a decent pop if you were to do that, for all the people that missed out on that unique experience, because currently I'd rather just play an actual Wrath server then play a locked down Wrath server with a small amount of locked talents and aspects of post vanilla wow I'm not very fond of. I know your man powers limited so it's only a vague suggestion.

Dreadnought101

Re: Suggestion for Primal

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 06 Apr 2018 23:18

Having to develop and moderate 2 different servers is a hard ask for any development team (This is the same argument Blizzard themselves used for a while on why they would not develop for Classic Servers). It splits the playerbase as well.

The issue with early TBC launch was the move to trinitycore, which broke many things, caused constent crashes and had a lot of players jump ship.

There is still value to play TBC with a wrath client. RDF is still a big deal for many, Duel specc is CRITICAL, classes are more like their wrath counterparts and theres many things to explore like Paladin Retribution Healer (that is an actual thing), and no spell down-ranking. Im not saying that TBC with wrath client is better then vanilla, I just want to give credit there are still useful things TBC draws from Wrath.
Last edited by Dreadnought101 on 07 Apr 2018 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 06 Apr 2018 23:30

This've been suggested before.
Even if the idea is appealing, this would be too far into the future to even think about right now.

Dreadnought101 stands correct aswell, it all depends on our future development team.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

bulletfreak

#4 » Post by bulletfreak » 07 Apr 2018 01:29

Alright, thanks for the feedback.