Increase Loot/Corpse Timer on non-elites

Nymesis
Donor

Increase Loot/Corpse Timer on non-elites

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 04 Feb 2018 10:26

I would recommend the timer for looting non-elites be increased by at least a couple of minutes. I have no idea why its set as short as it is, but it is quite frustrating to be working thru a densely populated area and have to worry about the corpses disappearing before you can loot them just because there were a few too many adds and you needed to concentrate on survival for a minute. Outside of the loss of material gains from this, its not good when you need quest drops and the corpses keep going *poof* on you. This is especially terrible for skinners as they frequently have corpses disappear before they can skin them - which often can't be done before a groupmate loots the corpse. On retail non-elite corpses lasted at least 10 minutes, here I don't think its any more than 1. I know games with 30 minute loot timers or even indefinite timers - so what gives? Maybe it doesn't need to be 10 minutes like retail, especially if we are concerned about some sort of server lag issue, but 5 would be nice - even 3 would be better than 1 minute. Please fix this :)
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Fastor

Re: Increase Loot/Corpse Timer on non-elites

#2 » Post by Fastor » 04 Feb 2018 11:10

Not a bug, also if it was increased it would be a problem because more you increase corpse time more you increase respawn time, and that is a very bad thing.

l do not know were you found information that on retail it lasts 10 min, also l do not know where are you finding such large groups of mobs that you need to be fast to loot them before disappear. If you are leveling then its usually 1-2-3mobs, loot and eat, but if you are top level then l really do not know whats the problem.

Oh and l forgot about skinners, just ask group members to loot every corpse and depending if he/she is dick or not, they will loot allowing you to skin beast.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Feb 2018 15:11

Fastor wrote:
04 Feb 2018 11:10
Not a bug, also if it was increased it would be a problem because more you increase corpse time more you increase respawn time, and that is a very bad thing.

l do not know were you found information that on retail it lasts 10 min, also l do not know where are you finding such large groups of mobs that you need to be fast to loot them before disappear. If you are leveling then its usually 1-2-3mobs, loot and eat, but if you are top level then l really do not know whats the problem.

Oh and l forgot about skinners, just ask group members to loot every corpse and depending if he/she is dick or not, they will loot allowing you to skin beast.
This is wrong, Fastor. With the dynamic spawn system one creature spawn is completely independent of any other "copies" of the creature that may have spawned. You'll often walk around and find the corpse of the given creature lying right beside an alive instance of it (it's fine, it's blizzlike that way).
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 04 Feb 2018 15:22

Dynamic spawn system didnt exist during my time. Meh, lm too old for this.