Dual Talent Specialization - Reduce Gold Cost

BARBARONAA

Dual Talent Specialization - Reduce Gold Cost

#1 » Post by BARBARONAA » 27 Nov 2017 23:05

I suggest the staff cut the price of double talent specialization. Why? Because it would make queing for dungeons easier and there would be more people doing so. Always miss a tank or healer? People wanna play their dps warrior paladin or whatever but also to do dungeons? Well i think cutting the price to 10g is more leveler-friendly and dungeon-finder (PvE) friendly, without That being a major game breaker or abuser in any kind--- i've spoken to some people on the server and they seem to agree and can't help but wonder why the staff hasn't made such a good idea reality. --- tell me what you think

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Double talents

#2 » Post by natnat123 » 28 Nov 2017 00:21

i like the idea of reducing the cost also, 10g may be too low. but some sort of reduction would be nice in my opinion

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 28 Nov 2017 01:00

This server needs its gold sinks or things would really get out of control. If your argument is for leveling, one can very easily fill multiple roles as a hybrid with minimal gear swapping, up until close to max. Spec is a red herring.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

.Watson1988

#4 » Post by .Watson1988 » 28 Nov 2017 10:54

I think the argument is quite short of reason.
  1. Best leveling spec for warriors is prot until you can reach the talents in the arms tree for revenge spam spec. Most people level paladins as ret in which they can also heal in dungeons and druids when leveled as cats can tank and when leveled as Moonkins can also heal till TBC dungeons or so.
  • We managed to get fast riding and dual spec in vanilla when gold was a lot scarcer than it is now, so I don't understand why people are still struggling tremendously to get dual spec now.
  • I If you want it on PW, the server is supposed to be a TBC emulation. Dual spec and rdf etc. should not even be in the game. And the costs for dual spec were only decreased later on in wotlk and then Cata.
So, all in all, I would be okay with a decrease of cost to 500 gold but I don't see a very good reason to do so.

Theblomb

#5 » Post by Theblomb » 28 Nov 2017 11:23

-1 You can earn 1k gold in an hour simply by farming mobs in outland, the lack of dungeon queues while leveling is a population problem.

Anesthesia
Former Staff

Re: Dual Talent Specialization - Reduce Gold Cost

#6 » Post by Anesthesia » 28 Nov 2017 11:29

700-800g would be OK price, I think.

- I have renamed this thread, and moved it to suggestions.

Deim

#7 » Post by Deim » 28 Nov 2017 12:17

-1 Gold sinks are required. This has been discussed so many times already along with riding prices...
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Dunkelstein

#8 » Post by Dunkelstein » 28 Nov 2017 20:23

From the original post and title I wasn't 100% sure whether it was about Dual Talent Specilization or Resetting Talents.
Personally I don't care - the economy on Primal has always been comparable to that of North Korea and there are still several players running around with duped gold from way back when.

Gold is really more of an interaction with NPCs for learning skills and repairing, than it is an interaction with other players. That's not ideal but it's the truth, even though I hope it doesn't stay that way.

I also don't think it's going to have much of an impact on RDF queues. Getting the gear and skillz for another spec is much harder than scratching together 1k gold imo, up to TBC dungeons you don't even need a second spec to swap roles.

+-0 (Yes this was a pointless comment but I'm just sitting in queue with nothing better to do, like always)
Aka Funkelstein

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Anesthesia » 28 Nov 2017 23:20

Dunkelstein wrote:
28 Nov 2017 20:23
From the original post and title I wasn't 100% sure whether it was about Dual Talent Specilization or Resetting Talents.
50g is not too much, but it builds up to something like this, >.<
https://i.gyazo.com/260286c32daf323fcf7 ... a3c7a2.png
No one can see what's in my pocket.