New GM/moderator

loveable

New GM/moderator

#1 » Post by loveable » 30 Oct 2017 16:40

hey , i suggest to Recruit new gm/moderators for truewow realm

pw has 100~150 peak and there is allways a gm online who can do more than reading ticket
tw has 50~70 peak this days but neither a gm log in it , i wont be rude but only 1 2 gm log once perday or even once per week , but completly useless , because only access they have is to read ticket and answer , couple of times i made ticket , then deleted after hours because of no answer , or got such things : sry we cant do it , go report , or etc ...
even for a bugged npc or bugged door they want us to reprot bugtarcker instead of fixing it in that moment
about eronox , he helps alot when he is online and not afk :lol: :lol: , but he already said he is not on ticket anymore

many times a door or npc bugged middle of raid and we called raid because noone was there to help us in raid (like last night after 2h raiding , raid got called cuz a boss bugged and we couldnt go for the boss we maded raid for it) - so just 2h wasted in this way

so i suggest to Recruit some gm/moderator for "truewow realm"
about thos ppl who will say play somewhere else , all of us who still play in tw realm , we clearly said 1000 times we want play only in tw realm , so please close this realm or do more attention about it
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Dunkelstein

Re: New GM/moderator

#2 » Post by Dunkelstein » 30 Oct 2017 17:18

We need more Eronoxes
Aka Funkelstein

Regent
Tester

#3 » Post by Regent » 30 Oct 2017 17:25

What happened to that automated system we had a while back (for a short period of time)?
I believe it was intended to deal with stuff like bugged NPCs, bugged doors, bugged mobs, scripts being stuck.
Save the man hours of having to be around to read tickets and basically get 24 hour coverage from the system itself.

Why not just get something like that again?
If it's possible, then go for it.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Anesthesia » 30 Oct 2017 17:53

loveable wrote:
30 Oct 2017 16:40
... we want play only in tw realm , so please close this realm...
Why would you want it closed if you want to play here?

Just recently we have recruited 2 Trial GMs; viewtopic.php?f=92&t=37016
None of us have TW/PW tag, we all offer our time and help for both realms.
No one can see what's in my pocket.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 30 Oct 2017 18:25

Something I wish more people knew about staff is that just because we are not logged in game does not mean we are not watching, helping, or ready to spring into action! Maybe only 1-2 GMs log into TW realm in-game to chat, but many of us are available through IRC where we can monitor tickets, world chat, etc. Some issues can even be solved without logging into the game and I would go so far as to say that the majority of tickets are resolved in this manner. For staff members on the go, this is a very common way we choose which tickets to prioritize. If we can fix your issue without being at our PC, your ticket is likely to be solved MUCH faster because we can respond from work, on the bus, etc. NPC bugs or door bugs, for example, are not solvable outside of the game, so they can take significantly longer to get addressed. Not because we ignore those issues because they are on TrueWoW, but because we physically cannot solve them from where we are.

If you look through the Staff Team Updates thread you should see that we are actively growing our staff GM numbers overall. It takes time and investment to get our new trials up and running if they don't come in knowing the commands and our availability is constantly shifting due to our schedules in our physical lives. Until new GMs have proven themselves trustworthy and get promoted to full time staff members, they are not able to access many of the commands required to solve the types of problems that you are encountering in raids. As a result, even new full-time GMs often do not know how to solve TW issues without assistance because they were not previously able to deal with them.

As for your suggestion to have "TrueWoW only" GMs, this is simply something that we do not currently do, and are not interested in adopting as part of our organizational structure. Our staff choose to work where they want to. The majority of us are happy to assist with issues arising on either realm if we can. It is a matter of both knowing what is required to fix the issue, as well as having the permissions to do so. Many of the GMs who have both of these met consistently are not available during TW peak times and it will take time to educate and promote more staff members in different regions to tackle that issue, but we are always working toward that.

I appreciate you letting us know that you are feeling an unbalance in staff attention ticket-wise. Personally, I'll try to communicate better with other staff members internally to see how more support can be directed toward TrueWoW so you don't continue to feel this way. Because we are always pursuing new leads for individuals we think would excel on our team and periodically host open application periods for anyone wishing to be a new staff member, I am going to close this thread as rejected (because it is already implemented). We are doing what you suggest in looking for new team members; however, it takes quite a while (anywhere from 1 to 6 months) to really see the effect each new staff member brings to our community. I hope that you will be able to continue to show us patience as we work toward improving our team's abilities and our service, and that some of these glimpses into what it is like for us to interact with various types of bugs and issues will help you understand how we prioritize tickets.

If anyone has questions about this topic that did not get resolved by this post, please feel free to send me a PM. I'm always happy to answer questions and learn about new ways that we could better serve our community!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)