7.3.x private server with WotLK endgame

sevike777

7.3.x private server with WotLK endgame

#1 » Post by sevike777 » 10 Oct 2017 16:45

Everyone likes the WotLK but the lots of people dont want to play on that because its old. Imagine a 7.3.x private server with WotLK endgame, new races(worgen,goblin,pandaren) and with the new casts(Monk, Demon Hunter). The talent system can be fixable to the players can able to get all the tallent points what they need, and you can make item sets to the new casts. The DH could start from lvl1, and only the VIP members can start one (everyone likes money and making servers is expensive). If someone want to make a WotLK server again, remember this. We want some old good memories live again and we want some new. Every week a WotLK private server opens, but nobody thought of this idea? Why? I hope you will make a server like that, TrueWoW!

Deim

Re: 7.3.x private server with WotLK endgame

#2 » Post by Deim » 10 Oct 2017 17:12

Do you even imagine how much work that would be? Legion open source core is crap. Writing custom one from a scratch is few years of work. Not to mention how imbalanced that would be. Way to early to even think about it. Getting things balanced on wotlk for tbc part of game aint easy task. Ask devs/admins or other testers. Around cata huge part of game got changed and later in wod even more. The difference between wotlk and legion is huge. Unlike between wrath and tbc like we do on Primal right now and yet we struggle to balance classes and raids.
Tl; dr maybe not impossible but no one would ever try to do such thing.
Last edited by Deim on 10 Oct 2017 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Oct 2017 17:31

The good parts about the new expansions are the features and the content. Take that away and you'll have poor designed class systems that nobody likes and aren't as good and as fun as the WotLK ones. So, pretty much, running a Legion server with only WotLK content enabled wouldn't be as fun as you may imagine it is.

Dunkelstein

#4 » Post by Dunkelstein » 10 Oct 2017 17:52

You think you do, but you don't (badum tss).

Some quality of life features could really add up. The new talent system, as much as I hate it, would be much easier to tune for level 80 than wotlk talent trees are for level 60/70.
I don't want to have anything to do with Pandas, Monks or Demon Hunters, though.

Overall not worth the effort imo. The reason why Primal runs on wotlk in the first place is because of the vast open source code for 3.3.5.
Aka Funkelstein

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 10 Oct 2017 19:46

sevike777 wrote:
10 Oct 2017 16:45
Everyone likes the WotLK but the lots of people dont want to play on that because its old. Imagine a 7.3.x private server with WotLK endgame, new races(worgen,goblin,pandaren) and with the new casts(Monk, Demon Hunter). The talent system can be fixable to the players can able to get all the tallent points what they need, and you can make item sets to the new casts. The DH could start from lvl1, and only the VIP members can start one (everyone likes money and making servers is expensive). If someone want to make a WotLK server again, remember this. We want some old good memories live again and we want some new. Every week a WotLK private server opens, but nobody thought of this idea? Why? I hope you will make a server like that, TrueWoW!
nope, nope and nope, terrible idea

Gadoschi
Donor

#6 » Post by Gadoschi » 11 Oct 2017 10:17

if graphical engine is what is putting you off, there is an easy workaround - there are plenty downloads out there with warlords of draenor models

as for other "features", i don't think they would be benefitial for a wotlk server at all
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

loveable

#7 » Post by loveable » 11 Oct 2017 11:15

you dont need to go patch 7 , already some file like Patch-enGB or enUs (for players) and some sql maded , to have thos class's or races in wotlk , this happend @ cata release for first time but snice that time till now i never saw a server with good response by doing this
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Almsivi
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Almsivi » 12 Dec 2017 20:51

It hung here for quite a long time. I guess it's time to move to rejected.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli