Basic QoL changes to improve primal

Scen

Basic QoL changes to improve primal

#1 » Post by Scen » 25 Sep 2017 08:26

Hey, I've haven't been playing here very long yet but i've been having fun so far and the community seems good even though the population isn't the best. Anyway here are some suggestions that should help the server.

Increase leveling rate to 2x
Most people just don't have the time to spend the amount of time it does to level to max on this server. Most people have already spent huge amounts of time leveling to max level before. On retail most people would have heirlooms or refer a friend or can even buy boosts to skip the leveling. Give everyone that's done it on 1x an achievement and make it so you can turn it on to 1x if you want to in order to get the achievement. You have to have a char that's high level and wait a month before you can refer a friend which is annoying because i had planned on starting with a friend.

Reduce dual spec cost
The queue times for dungeons currently aren't great. The current cost for dual spec on retail is currently 10g. Having dual spec available at this cost means you'll be able to take it while leveling and it will help everyone because you won't have to spend an hour waiting for a tank/healer/dps.

Don't take PvP seriously

The reasoning for this is two simple things. First of all it's going to be extremely difficult for you to balance due to the changes you've made to the game by being on the WotLK patch, pvp was never balanced around the early levels of that patch so you are going to have a lot of difficulty in making it fair and balanced. Secondly you don't have a high enough population for active PvP communities. This is coming from someone who spent most of his time playing arena on retail.

Making the game easier to download
Downloading your client is quite difficult at the moment. One link is to mega which stops after about 2 gbs and the other link is to the pirate bay which is blocked in a lot of countries, this needs to be changed or people won't be able to figure out to even play.

Adding reviews and trailers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z25E6ilTd08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u4dhbJ06-I

Here are two fairly popular youtube reviewers giving primal a positive review, consider adding them somewhere to the site? You have dodgykebabs review up so maybe add these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTDSBS6njuM

Here is an awesome custom trailer for the content you are currently doing.
Last edited by Scen on 25 Sep 2017 11:21, edited 3 times in total.

Dreadnought101

Re: Basic QoL changes to improve primal

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 25 Sep 2017 08:42

1) There is the recruit a friend system to help with leveling as it increases your xp gains by 300%
I also do think that heirlooms could have a place with the XP bonuses they give, we are past the Vanilla phase.

2) Agreed, sometimes I wish for a 3rd specc that would be 1k gold...

3) Trust me, we dont take PvP seriously, but its not easy balancing towards PvE on its own either.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

loveable

#3 » Post by loveable » 25 Sep 2017 08:43

primal is already pve realm , no one care to pvp (like 90% of players)
higher xp rated , there are couple of topic's about it and already discussed (no)
about lower costing dual spec , i agree with it but if we want lower something , we should to it to all things , like riding expert or etc
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Scen

#4 » Post by Scen » 25 Sep 2017 08:52

Dreadnought101 wrote:
25 Sep 2017 08:42
1) There is the recruit a friend system to help with leveling as it increases your xp gains by 300%
I also do think that heirlooms could have a place with the XP bonuses they give, we are past the Vanilla phase.

2) Agreed, sometimes I wish for a 3rd specc that would be 1k gold...

3) Trust me, we dont take PvP seriously, but its not easy balancing towards PvE on its own either.
1) You have to wait a month before you can activate refer a friend and it doesn't work through 50-70 which is the longest part.

2) Although I would also like a third spec I'm not aware of any version of wow that has that.

3) Balancing pvp here is going to be impossible.
loveable wrote:
25 Sep 2017 08:43
primal is already pve realm , no one care to pvp (like 90% of players)
higher xp rated , there are couple of topic's about it and already discussed (no)
about lower costing dual spec , i agree with it but if we want lower something , we should to it to all things , like riding expert or etc
Spending such a large amount of time on a realm with such low population feels like a risk. If there was a much larger population it wouldn't be so bad.

jetteroo

#5 » Post by jetteroo » 25 Sep 2017 09:45

hi Scen,

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38334

do take a look at whats been discussed before

natnat123
Former Staff

#6 » Post by natnat123 » 25 Sep 2017 09:59

Scen wrote:
25 Sep 2017 08:52

2) Although I would also like a third spec I'm not aware of any version of wow that has that.
legion :p

Scen

#7 » Post by Scen » 25 Sep 2017 10:05

natnat123 wrote:
25 Sep 2017 09:59
I didn't even realise, i was playing a demon hunter and i didn't notice.
jetteroo wrote:
25 Sep 2017 09:45
hi Scen,

I'm not sure how to respond to this, do you want my opinion on a way to incentivise running dungeons? Do you want me to post it here or there?
Increase the gold reward from doing random dungeons and maybe give honor for doing them is an easy way. Also increasing the leveling rate will mean theres more people at max level to run the dungeons.

natnat123
Former Staff

#8 » Post by natnat123 » 25 Sep 2017 10:10

Scen wrote:
25 Sep 2017 10:05
natnat123 wrote:
25 Sep 2017 09:59
I didn't even realise, i was playing a demon hunter and i didn't notice.
thats because demon hunter only has dps and tank, things like druids, paladins, ect will have tank, dps and heal specs. i think

natnat123
Former Staff

#9 » Post by natnat123 » 25 Sep 2017 10:12

but yeah, a 3rd spec would be amazing, but for that to work there would need to be a custom patch added i think

Scen

#10 » Post by Scen » 25 Sep 2017 10:27

I think cheaper dual spec is more realistic at the moment lol.

loveable

#11 » Post by loveable » 25 Sep 2017 10:46

Scen wrote:
25 Sep 2017 10:27
I think cheaper dual spec is more realistic at the moment lol.
i would comment about this from other view too
we r in a progressive realm and tbc wont be up for long time , almost 1 more year
so this gold will be like a joke after t6 release , specialy when we enter wotlk , so its not such important to make it easier or no , so it is kinda a usefull change only during t5 - beside AH price's is damn low because realm is pve and u can farm mat's easily w/o being gang by others , so ye hard to farm gold atm
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

jetteroo

#12 » Post by jetteroo » 25 Sep 2017 10:54

Scen wrote:
jetteroo wrote:

hi Scen,

I'm not sure how to respond to this, do you want my opinion on a way to incentivise running dungeons? Do you want me to post it here or there?
Increase the gold reward from doing random dungeons and maybe give honor for doing them is an easy way. Also increasing the leveling rate will mean theres more people at max level to run the dungeons.
the thread been locked, no one can respond there now. but its just for your reference, you can always respond here.

natnat123
Former Staff

#13 » Post by natnat123 » 25 Sep 2017 11:45

jetteroo wrote:
25 Sep 2017 10:54
Scen wrote:
jetteroo wrote:

hi Scen,

the thread been locked, no one can respond there now. but its just for your reference, you can always respond here.
its not locked for me

Scen

#14 » Post by Scen » 25 Sep 2017 12:24

natnat123 wrote:
25 Sep 2017 11:45
jetteroo wrote:
25 Sep 2017 10:54
Scen wrote:
its not locked for me
It's not locked for me either.

I gave my opinion on how to help fix the max level dungeon queue problem though. I feel like i should say that i usually spam rdf a lot as tank/healer.

Dunkelstein

#15 » Post by Dunkelstein » 25 Sep 2017 13:51

I was always against increasing leveling rates for several reasons. The biggest of them being that leveling is supposed to be a 'Noob Filter'. Noobs either git gud or quit when leveling.

It's obvious, though, that it's not working anymore. Is it the full transfers? Who knows, fact is my hunter pet was more useful than many group members in normal RDF 60-70.

I personally wouldn't mind increasing rates if it meant an increase in pop (I know there is no guarantee).

Btw, if you want to get anywhere with any of your suggestions, try making seperate threads where people can discuss and +1/-1 on each suggestion. A post like this is just not defined enough and will end up nowhere.
Aka Funkelstein