overall raid nerf

olabola

overall raid nerf

#1 » Post by olabola » 24 Apr 2017 08:46

I take it a overall raid nerf should be implemented soon? very close to tbc and a nerf towards more standard health values etc should be applied through all raids?

Deim

Re: overall raid nerf

#2 » Post by Deim » 24 Apr 2017 09:44

Prepatch will boost classes output in general so no further nerfs should be needed.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

olabola

#3 » Post by olabola » 25 Apr 2017 11:37

My point was that the raid bosses and trash in general should be moved toward a blizzlike health pool status? Wondering when this would be implemented. e.g. C`thun did not have 3 million health in vanilla it was around 999300. Will these levels be reverted to normal vanilla standards or were they increased as patches rolled out in retail?

Mizzeeh

#4 » Post by Mizzeeh » 25 Apr 2017 17:03

olabola wrote:
25 Apr 2017 11:37
My point was that the raid bosses and trash in general should be moved toward a blizzlike health pool status? Wondering when this would be implemented. e.g. C`thun did not have 3 million health in vanilla it was around 999300. Will these levels be reverted to normal vanilla standards or were they increased as patches rolled out in retail?

Should? I don't think there's any particularly compelling reason for why they should. You could say to make it easier to farm transmog gear and and certain Naxx pieces you want to continue using in TBC, but that's already easier because of 3.3.5 talents and abilities, and transmogging in TBC isn't "blizzlike" anyways.

As far as I know there are no plans to revert the hp changes made to vanilla raids, maybe in WotLK when solo-ing old raids becomes a thing? We will see.

Vaen

#5 » Post by Vaen » 25 Apr 2017 17:37

The logic that I'd like to see applied is the following: Once tbc is released, people had access to stronger talents and 10 additional levels, which made clearing old raids much easier. On primalwow these old raids are highly buffed already due to wotlk talents, what will happen when tbc releases is that they will become easier to clear, but the reduction in difficulty will be much less than the original vanilla -> tbc transition on retail

This happens because the changes to classes are somewhat less significant in our case. Old talents don't get revamped, no new spells are added for lower levels, and so on. Following these ideas, I do think a further nerf to old raids could be applied, but only every time an expansion releases (and possibly a major patch release). In fact it should be so that C'thun will have less than 3m HP during TBC, a little more than 999k hp once wotlk releases, and his original 999k hp once we get 3.3 content on PrimalWoW.

Why more than 999k on wotlk release? Because we already have wotlk talents modified by the last content patch, which are significantly stronger than wotlk talents on release. So soloing BWL on wotlk release should be somewhat harder than when ICC releases, so that it matches its original level of difficulty on retail as the expansion progresses. This way people will be able to solo raids just like it happened on retail.

I realize doing progressive nerfs that go with content releases is too much unnecessary work, it could be done simply every time an expansion releases: all raid content previous to this expansion gets nerfed, until it's brought back to its original unbuffed values on wotlk release.

The exceptions to these nerfs should probably be naxxramas and sunwell plateau, because they retain some relevance in the newly released expansion, TBC and Wotlk, respectively, so that they should not be so promptly nerfed (but they should eventually be nerfed to their original values anyways)
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Arturo

#6 » Post by Arturo » 26 Apr 2017 06:38

Was going to ask this as well.

Some of us love the older content and raids etc as such I'd love to be able to do the old raids and dungeons without them having the health buff and healing debuff. Vanilla dungeons and raids like MC, ZG, UBRS, AQs etc will lose all significance by the time t4 arrive and i highly doubt people will be doing daily/weekly runs of it. However with future xmog rumors and for those of us who love collecting gear, would appreciate it if raids were returned to original values. Maybe not Naxx, but the rest of raids and dungeons would be quite nice to run them even if we aren't able to get a full raid group for those of us who want to collect old gear and make 60 twinks for nostalgia sake etc.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Almsivi
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 22:56

No longer relevant, rejecting.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli