TBC Arenas and Mace stun

carpalo

TBC Arenas and Mace stun

#1 » Post by carpalo » 02 Apr 2017 15:05

Make TBC arena great again? YES

What I know there are not too many players on primal who have played burning crusade back in 2007 ->. I was there from the beginning and it was my all time favourite expansion. Let's make it clear, arena is never perfect and classes can't be 100% balanced.

We can't change class abilities but we can fix items.

Mace stun was horrible mistake from blizzard. They have admitted it afterwards but players had to suffer it through bc. "well timed mace stun bro" has won unbeliavable amount of arena games alone, it's a stupid RNG mechanic and 4 second stun in plain OP in warrior hands. (rets too but it puts their hammer on gcd).

I'm requesting devs to look at this before primal hits TBC. There are lot of other things too what you have consider but this should be prio n.1.

Gnurg

Re: TBC Arenas and Mace stun

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Apr 2017 15:15

There's no need to preemptively nerf stuff, rather wait until the first season has passed. If it was too strong, it can be nerfed by the second season. There are lots of items that were considered broken back in Vanilla (like the 6 seconds silence sword), which hasn't been overpowered in the PvP scene, simply because its proc rate was drastically reduced (likely the case for the hammer too) by our patch (3.3.5a).

It's the only reason I levelled hammersmith on my warrior, so if this gets applied, I would like a refund.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

carpalo

#3 » Post by carpalo » 02 Apr 2017 15:18

It doesn't need testing. Anybody who has played arena on bc servers already know it. So because you have leveled master hammersmith, whole pvp community has to suffer from broken item?

Flooded
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Flooded » 02 Apr 2017 15:36

It was broken because you had Mace spec which provided a second mace stun on top of the proc.

We'll be monitoring it for Season 1.

carpalo

#5 » Post by carpalo » 02 Apr 2017 15:49

I don't remember anything like that. It was overpowered because it randomly stunned opponent for 4 seconds and helped to execute helpless healers without chance to fight back.

This will cause lot of frustration if it goes live, please you still have time.

Glonz

#6 » Post by Glonz » 02 Apr 2017 15:54

carpalo wrote:
02 Apr 2017 15:49
I don't remember anything like that
http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents/warrior

Arms warrior talents, next to Death Wish; mace stuns and other rng stuns were part of some talent trees, rogue was one of them as well

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Apr 2017 08:16

This won't be a concern. Mace specialization ignores armor at our current patch instead of stunning, furthermore as mentioned by others the proc chance has also already been lowered drastically.

You should be worried about this as much as you would otherwise be about http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Seal_of_Justice_(old)

I don't feel like any tide changers are being brought to the arena scenario.

skyx

#8 » Post by skyx » 04 Apr 2017 19:34

IIRC, Sword spec was better in TBC but yeah those mace stun sucked ass.