Argent dawn rep slowing down new player for naxx

ludac

Argent dawn rep slowing down new player for naxx

#1 » Post by ludac » 27 Mar 2017 05:06

So recently I have noticed a lot of new players a lot of them really eager to get in and have a taste of primalwow naxx 40 and as far as I know all the big guilds would be willing to take these new guys into naxx but argent dawn rep is slowing them down from getting attuned.

Maybe you could increase the number scourgestones can drop in.
kind of like the silithid fragments being able to drop in 1-4 for the AQ40 opening rep grind

maybe Minion Scourgestones 1-4, Invader 1-3 and corruptor 1-2 (since you have to do Stratholme/scholomance to get these)

Mizzeeh

Re: Argent dawn rep slowing down new player for naxx

#2 » Post by Mizzeeh » 27 Mar 2017 05:26

I just don't understand how that's possible; you only need honored, even if you don't get any strat/scholo runs you can still solo farm that in a few hours. And if guilds are eager to take those players into Naxx then they can always get a group together before raid and do 2-3 Scholo/Strat runs, and maybe help them out with some mats if they're broke.

ludac

#3 » Post by ludac » 27 Mar 2017 05:32

even at honoured Gold + Mats can be painful on a new players pocket with the price of mats, pushing to revered or even exalted via dungeons atm can also be a struggle unless you wanna get up early before EU raid time or late after NA raid times

Skembic

#4 » Post by Skembic » 27 Mar 2017 08:54

Argent Dawn reputation is one of the easiest to get. Just do few runs, specific queue for scholo/strat or ask in guild. Considering that you have like 3 days between each naxx raid night in all guilds, you can easily get it on time without a problem.

flosr1
Donor

#5 » Post by flosr1 » 27 Mar 2017 11:31

my hunter (alt) was reverred when i hit 60, exalted a week later. and it is not so easy to get into rdf as a dps. but i still managed.

you can get to honored before you hit lvl 60, just by questing. for reverred, you need 6 more strat/scholo runs. from reverred to exalted, you need 10 more strat/scholo runs.
and i did not count in quests and scourgestones there
Last edited by flosr1 on 27 Mar 2017 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Mar 2017 11:36

The healthy dragon scales that drop from the whelps just before Ragglegore or whatever he is called (key guy) in Scholomance give a lot of rep. You can pick up as many as you want to and they're repeatable.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?quest=5582

You must have done http://db.vanillagaming.org/?quest=5529 first though.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

ludac

#7 » Post by ludac » 27 Mar 2017 19:45

recently at least its not always possible to get a stratholme/scholomance RDF or a RDF at all. unless you want to either stay up really late or get up really early.

I don't see the harm in increasing the number they drop in, this would also take away the need to rely on 4 other people to want to do these dungeons.

Could one of you give me a game breaking reason not to make a change like this?

ludac

#8 » Post by ludac » 31 Mar 2017 10:18

ludac

#9 » Post by ludac » 05 Apr 2017 08:12

Since posting this. I have tried multiple times on my Druid to que for Stratholme/Scholomance as Tank,Dps,Healer for a test which has been quite poor with people leaving / dodging or just not having enough to even find a group for these dungeons.

inb4 Que up at peak EU times or NA times.
A lot of people cannot do this due to work and other real life obligations. with vanilla phase coming to a close and murmur having killed KT (congratulations guys).

I hope you guys really look into boosting the number of scourgestones that can drop like stated earlier in the post so that newer members to the server can get into naxx and maybe pick up trash loot / boss loot that will really help them level into tbc and may even help them up until t4 content.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#10 » Post by oooooooooolde » 05 Apr 2017 09:28

If you cant farm the reputation your gear wont be up to snuff either. Dont see a point in this

ludac

#11 » Post by ludac » 20 Apr 2017 10:09

at this point with health nerfs / damage tweaks / healing buffs, its very easy to carry a under geared player or two if they have gotten the rep to get the attunement .

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 20 Apr 2017 12:12

This is where a guild comes in. Knowing the guilds on this server, its likely you haven't asked for help in guild. This rep is one of the easiest to grind, you only technically need to get to revered, and Naxx is the final raid of the entire vanilla phase - half-assing it in shouldn't be rewarded.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Deim

#13 » Post by Deim » 20 Apr 2017 13:49

Agree with Fitz, it's easy to get that rep.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Xenitron

#14 » Post by Xenitron » 20 Apr 2017 16:25

->So you want something gamebreaking-just the fact that you are boosting reputation gains is gamebreaking;people were pissed over less important stuff like mounts,pets and other vanity decorative stuff for being "gamebraking" unlike those this would directly impact gameplay->grinding/farming which is part of game

->server blizzlike x1

->Naxx is known for being raid that only few entered and even less completed, but still this is only emulation and raids are easier to complete comparing to vanilla so why make it even easier?

Almsivi
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 22:56

No longer relevant, rejecting
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli