[Rejected] [PW] Give enchanters an advantage when it comes to the disenchant roll

Gnurg

[Rejected] [PW] Give enchanters an advantage when it comes to the disenchant roll

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 11:09

Seeing as the non-enchanters are in disfavour of giving away the right (they shouldn't even have at this point) to disenchant gear (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37310), I suggest we give a buff to eligible enchanters (enough skill to disenchant the item) when it comes to disenchanting. It's in a way similar to how more cloth drop for tailors after learning this passive: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59390/cloth-scavenging.

Whenever an enchanter wins a disenchant roll while inside a dungeon finder group, they would have a 50 % chance of getting twice the items. i.e. one larger prismatic shard could be two larger prismatic shards, three arcane dust could be six arcane dust.

I can implement it myself, so you don't have to worry about developers' time being taken up.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Deim

Re: [PW] Give enchanters an advantage when it comes to the disenchant roll

#2 » Post by Deim » 25 Mar 2017 11:52

Gnurg plz, "non-enchanters are in disfavour" who said given ppl who voiced their opinions don't have any toon with enchanting... the fact that you have trouble making profit with enchanting doesnt mean everyone does.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 12:15

Deim wrote:
25 Mar 2017 11:52
Gnurg plz, "non-enchanters are in disfavour" who said given ppl who voiced their opinions don't have any toon with enchanting... the fact that you have trouble making profit with enchanting doesnt mean everyone does.

Regardless of who voiced their opinion, there should be an advantage for enchanters when it comes to disenchanting. The main source of enchanting materials is from dungeons and raids, so why would everyone have an equal chance at obtaining these materials at the same rate? As an enchanter, you're just as likely to have to buy materials at the auction house as everyone else.

By giving them a chance at getting twice the enchanting materials in dungeon finder groups, the people who aren't enchanters wouldn't lose anything, but the actual enchanters would have some benefit of their profession choice. In terms of Blizz-like-logic, this isn't correct, but neither is having everyone be able to obtain the enchanting materials.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Agame

#4 » Post by Agame » 25 Mar 2017 12:16

If DE roll is the same as "greed" roll, why don't you just roll Greed? Maybe the enchanter need the materials, maybe someone else simply wants to AH/NPC the item. Not all items found in a raid loot are BOP. Everyone in this game has a right to make money, not just enchanters.

And if you do need to give enchanters extra materials or extra chances on loot, please do the same for miners, herbalists, skinners, even engineers in some instances where engineering materials drop, because they are people too and they do need their materials too.
Ally for life

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 12:25

Agame wrote:
25 Mar 2017 12:16
If DE roll is the same as "greed" roll, why don't you just roll Greed? Maybe the enchanter need the materials, maybe someone else simply wants to AH/NPC the item. Not all items found in a raid loot are BOP. Everyone in this game has a right to make money, not just enchanters.

And if you do need to give enchanters extra materials or extra chances on loot, please do the same for miners, herbalists, skinners, even engineers in some instances where engineering materials drop, because they are people too and they do need their materials too.

I don't get your first point.

Unlike enchanting, the other gathering professions don't get any competition, i.e. the only source for ores is through mining. You should note that I wrote that it should only apply for dungeon finder groups, so it's in no way an overall increase of enchanting materials.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

oooooooooolde
Donor

#6 » Post by oooooooooolde » 25 Mar 2017 12:31

-1, can we stop this now?

Agame

#7 » Post by Agame » 25 Mar 2017 12:34

In Westfall's Moonbruck's mines second part there are a lot of copper tubes, screws and blasting powder loot. Does anyone has the chance to loot it or only engineers? Do engineers have extra drops? If not, then how did you come to think it's fair for another proffesion? How about when questing and killing some boars? Do cooks get more meat from them?

Equality of chances is a good principle in real life and I think Blizzard did not make a mistake by implementing it in a game. I think we should keep it.

Talking about a chance to develop a proffesion faster, chances that something you craft sells for good money, chances to be the first player to reach gold cap on a realm, I think in all these cases equality of chances must be applied.
Ally for life

Skembic

#8 » Post by Skembic » 25 Mar 2017 12:38

Gnurg you are really going at this. Why you keep pushing something that noone complained about for almost 2 years now. All of sudden there are problems with it, let it go. Let them focus on more important things atm.

blagovest_tonev

#9 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 25 Mar 2017 12:44

I slowly begin to understand why some people call you selfish. If you weren't an enchanter, you wouldn't give a damn, but now that you're one, you need more than one thread to understand people don't like your idea.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#10 » Post by MerelyASetback » 25 Mar 2017 12:45

Gnurg wrote:
25 Mar 2017 12:25
You should note that I wrote that it should only apply for dungeon finder groups, so it's in no way an overall increase of enchanting materials.

Except it is... With one enchanter in a group there's a 20%* chance that the enchanter wins the roll (assuming no needs/passes), then he gets a 50% chance to get double the mats. So like 1 in 10 situations the double amount of mats enter the game...

Funny how in your first suggestion you complain about an inflation of the mats and then in your second you bring in even more mats into the game...

*Assumed, it's probably a little bit more complicated (5 x /roll 100's)

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 14:16

Seeing as there is a clear majority in disfavour, you can move this to rejected.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: [Rejected] [PW] Give enchanters an advantage when it comes to the disenchant roll

#12 » Post by Jiranthos » 25 Mar 2017 14:30

Rejected.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in