MerelyASetback
Donor

Re: [PW] Don't let non enchanters roll disenchant

#16 » Post by MerelyASetback » 24 Mar 2017 22:20

Doctor_J wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:19
MerelyASetback wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:15
Aren't you forgetting that all other professions require having a gathering profession to support it?
Well with the exception of tailoring which requires mostly cloth which anyone can obtain
Conclusion: the real losers here are tailors :/

Gnurg

#17 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 22:47

MerelyASetback wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:20
Doctor_J wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:19
MerelyASetback wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:15
Aren't you forgetting that all other professions require having a gathering profession to support it?
Well with the exception of tailoring which requires mostly cloth which anyone can obtain
Conclusion: the real losers here are tailors :/

Typically, you ran tailoring and enchanting, as tailoring would supply you with dis-enchantable items, so in a sense tailoring was a gathering profession for enchanting.

There's also no real profit in the enchanting profession from a crafting perspective unless you ask for the tip (I and many others do it for free if people provide the materials, so why would someone give tip if someone provides it for free?), as people usually gather the materials on their own. The profit should lie in the gathering the materials, but currently, it doesn't because of this future. The vellum suggestion wouldn't do anything as people would still just buy the materials for a lower price as they're flooded, then find an enchanter to enchant for them.

And I should add once more, that greed roll (which everyone still can use) is treated on the same level as the disenchant roll. The item they win can be sold for gold 3-7g, so it's not like they lose everything.

This is essentially only for PuG groups, as guild groups would often have a system around it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#18 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 24 Mar 2017 23:32

Seems vindictive and unnecessary
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Gnurg

#19 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 00:02

Doctor_J wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:12
Well theres other things which should not be on primal like reward bags from rdf (in fact there should be no rdf and if you wanted to do a dungeon you should have to make your own way their and the only rewards are loot which drops from bosses) and then you could set loot mode to anything you wanted or what fitted the group.

Sure, there are non Vailla/TBC futures implemented already, but this one is a profession killer. Enchanting is completetly pointless from a single player point of view as there's close to no profit. Sure you need one for your guild to enchant/disenchant gear, but you don't really need more than one.

Fitzpatrick wrote: -1
Seems vindictive and unnecessary

I find the 3.3 disenchant roll implementation unnecesarry, as it takes away most, if not all, of the perks from the enchanting profession. Why do you find it unecesarry and vindictive, Mr. MVP?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

MerelyASetback
Donor

#20 » Post by MerelyASetback » 25 Mar 2017 01:20

All it would do, is give enchanters a monopoly on enchanting mats. Less enchanting materials would enter the game; Raising the prices to ludicrous amounts.
[This will result into non-enchanters farming boes to send over to enchanters to disenchant, for which enchanters can take cuts or ask for fees. (Or don't, and then some enchanters will render their services for free again, not changing anything or making any money with the crafting part of enchanting. -> full circle again, nothing has changed)]

'Tipping' is a weird word in this context, you should rather call it a 'service fee', and you should charge people for it. Levelling the profession, farming recipes/formulas and travelling take up your time and a compensation should be given. You're complaining that you cannot make money with enchanting but you're not trying to. It's like you're the best pizza maker in the world and you go to people's houses to make pizzas with the groceries they bought without any charge. You can do this for your friends, sure. But not everyone has to be/is your friend. Any decent person that understands the work you've put into your profession will give some sort of compensation.

Vellums will make you money. A lot of money even. Up to today enchanting is one of the biggest moneymaking skills in WoW even with de rolls. All it takes is to be smart and play/read the AH correctly. People are lazy and they will prefer to buy an enchanting scroll over buying the raw mats and looking for an enchanter themselves (Cheaper enchanting mats, caused by the de-roll '''inflation''' will help push prices down, causing people to be more inclined to spend their money on it, increasing the amount of sales as well). The first person to get the Mongoose formula will make bank with vellums (or any other reputation/rare enchant for that matter).

Please Google "disenchant roll in wow" and read through the countless threads, arguments and counter-arguments. There's a good reason it was implemented and not removed.

Also all your 'enchanting is useless'-arguments literally apply to any other crafting profession moneymaking wise. All the value those crafting professions can generate come from a gathering profession (which takes up another skill slot, so they're actually less useful than enchanting). The only slight edge other crafting professions have over enchanting right now is an AH/physical item presence, which we try to provide through the suggestion of an implementation of vellums.

lrctgl
Donor

#21 » Post by lrctgl » 25 Mar 2017 02:06

usually your suggestions for primal has so far made alot of sense this one however seems to be more for personal gain than anything else -1

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#22 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 25 Mar 2017 02:12

Gnurg wrote:
25 Mar 2017 00:02
I find the 3.3 disenchant roll implementation unnecesarry, as it takes away most, if not all, of the perks from the enchanting profession. Why do you find it unecesarry and vindictive, Mr. MVP?
Because its a fix for a nonexisting problem and a cash grab at the expense of the community. Also, how many players dont have access to a free or cheap guild enchanter.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

fatass11

#23 » Post by fatass11 » 25 Mar 2017 02:25

VanillaPVE

#24 » Post by VanillaPVE » 25 Mar 2017 03:13

The rolls for disenchant count as greed. You are not loosing anything you would not have lost anyway by loosing the roll. Finding someone to DE the drops you get in this way is, imho, an unnecessary hassle. Also if you happen to be an enchanter in an instance I can see the hassle coming your way when someone wants to roll on the shard you got from a BOP you rolled for even if you couldn't use the item.

The are plenty of other arguments that could go along with this. In my mind this is more hassle than it is worth. Even if you are an enchanter and would be the "beneficiary" of this.

Remix
Donor

#25 » Post by Remix » 25 Mar 2017 07:08

Don't worry ill be sure to need on everything til I level my enchanting up in tbc, and even then ill need more why cause I can, just so I can DC it right infront of you. Then ill only enchant my fellow guild mates. All you guys wanna cry about this how about you roll enchanter and see!! +1

Deim

#26 » Post by Deim » 25 Mar 2017 10:48

Enough arguments against this idea have been posted here. So ill just write:
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#27 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Mar 2017 14:16

Seeing as there is a clear majority in disfavour, you can move this to rejected.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: [Rejected] [PW] Don't let non enchanters roll disenchant

#28 » Post by Jiranthos » 25 Mar 2017 14:30

Rejected.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in