[Rejected] [PW] Don't let non enchanters roll disenchant

Gnurg

[Rejected] [PW] Don't let non enchanters roll disenchant

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 20:39

The disenchant roll was added in patch 3.3.0 and it turned enchanting into a less profitable profession, as enchanters lost their monopoly on enchanting materials. I suggest keeping it, however, as a non-enchanter you should not be able to choose disenchant roll. Non-enchanters can still roll greed for the items, which is treated with the same roll priority as disenchant roll.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: [PW] Don't let non enchanters roll disenchant

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Mar 2017 20:42

This doesn't fix the issue. Instead, you should remove the spec restriction from items until WotLK hits in. Whoever needs an item that they cannot need on can still lose to other people greed'ing.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 20:51

Nyeriah wrote:
24 Mar 2017 20:42
This doesn't fix the issue. Instead, you should remove the spec restriction from items until WotLK hits in. Whoever needs an item that they cannot need on can still lose to other people greed'ing.
I think you're mixing threads? I (and you?) can remove the class restriction from items, in order for say a druid to win caster cloth gear, but that has nothing to do with this suggestion.

It's about bringing a profession back to the level it was before a certain patch. By not allowing non-enchanters to disenchant, enchanters get the monopoly on their profession (as it should be, if you ask me, all other professions have a monopoly on theirs). It would prevent materials from overflooding and overall increase the worth of the profession to how it was all the way until the final WotLK release.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Botmaster5
Donor

#4 » Post by Botmaster5 » 24 Mar 2017 20:54

Gnurg wrote:
24 Mar 2017 20:39
The disenchant roll was added in patch 3.3.0 and it turned enchanting into a less profitable profession, as enchanters lost their monopoly on enchanting materials. I suggest keeping it, however, as a non-enchanter you should not be able to choose disenchant roll. Non-enchanters can still roll greed for the items, which is treated with the same roll priority as disenchant roll.
was the post requesting putting vellum into the game also you? maybe on a super secret 2n daccount.... im on to you Gnurg... im gonna keep my GOOD eye on you....

suspicious Gnurg is suspicious...
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 20:58

Botmaster5 wrote:
24 Mar 2017 20:54
Gnurg wrote:
24 Mar 2017 20:39
was the post requesting putting vellum into the game also you? maybe on a super secret 2n daccount.... im on to you Gnurg... im gonna keep my GOOD eye on you....

suspicious Gnurg is suspicious...

No, that was masteve. Personally, I don't like that suggestion as I have a hard time figuring out how much I should sell the enchant for. I prefer working with the materials alone. I think the vellums came with WotLK, so unlikely that suggestion, this one is more legitimate in terms of "Blizz-like-ness"
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Mar 2017 20:59

The goal of the suggestion was obfuscated. In this case no, not really in favor of this. Because you'll tip the scale too far to the enchanter's end by giving them the monopoly over valuable mats.

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 21:03

Nyeriah wrote:
24 Mar 2017 20:59
The goal of the suggestion was obfuscated. In this case no, not really in favor of this. Because you'll tip the scale too far to the enchanter's end by giving them the monopoly over valuable mats.

That's how it was until patch 3.3.0. Right now, there are professions way more rewarding than enchanting, when by the PrimalWoW timeline should be one of the better ones.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#8 » Post by Doctor_J » 24 Mar 2017 21:43

enchanting mats are useless as you need enchanting to do any enchants.

I remember before 3.3 when there was problem where enchanters would need on everything so that they could disenchant for mats and other players lost items due to this especially on items which can be needed by anyone like trinkets, rings, necks and a lot of weapons.

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 21:49

Doctor_J wrote:
24 Mar 2017 21:43
enchanting mats are useless as you need enchanting to do any enchants.

I remember before 3.3 when there was problem where enchanters would need on everything so that they could disenchant for mats and other players lost items due to this especially on items which can be needed by anyone like trinkets, rings, necks and a lot of weapons.

Enchanting materials can be sold on the auction house and you can provide the materials to the enchanter. It's in no way useless for non-enchanters.

The problem with people rolling need for everything wasn't eliminated by disenchant rolls, but rather class rolls. Though, the problem persists after 3.3 too, so it's kind of irrelevant.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Mizzeeh

#10 » Post by Mizzeeh » 24 Mar 2017 21:54

Only thing this will really accomplish is skyrocket the price of shards, -1.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2017 22:01

Mizzeeh wrote:
24 Mar 2017 21:54
Only thing this will really accomplish is skyrocket the price of shards, -1.
It would bring its price up to the same amount that the other professions (which aren't ruined by game-logic that shouldn't exist in our current time) have.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 24 Mar 2017 22:12

Well theres other things which should not be on primal like reward bags from rdf (in fact there should be no rdf and if you wanted to do a dungeon you should have to make your own way their and the only rewards are loot which drops from bosses) and then you could set loot mode to anything you wanted or what fitted the group.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Mar 2017 22:14

Doctor_J wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:12
Well theres other things which should not be on primal like reward bags from rdf (in fact there should be no rdf and if you wanted to do a dungeon you should have to make your own way their and the only rewards are loot which drops from bosses) and then you could set loot mode to anything you wanted or what fitted the group.

They don't have items in their reward bag at max level.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#14 » Post by MerelyASetback » 24 Mar 2017 22:15

Aren't you forgetting that all other professions require having a gathering profession to support it?

Doctor_J
Developer

#15 » Post by Doctor_J » 24 Mar 2017 22:19

MerelyASetback wrote:
24 Mar 2017 22:15
Aren't you forgetting that all other professions require having a gathering profession to support it?
Well with the exception of tailoring which requires mostly cloth which anyone can obtain