Double-XP Weekends

ComradeBork

Re: Double-XP Weekends

#16 » Post by ComradeBork » 19 Mar 2017 16:42

blagovest_tonev wrote:
19 Mar 2017 16:21
Honestly, I'm happy enough with the current rates and I would like to keep them so, but now that you ask me for an opinion, I would say the optional rates is a better idea. I think so, because I'm quite sure more people will appear with the idea that the double-XP weekends aren't enough to bring new players to the server, and will ask for a constant change of the rates. With the optional rates, players would be able to pick the rates they think would be the best for them.
I see no reason why double-XP weekends would have to be mandatory, really. A ".nodouble" feature could be added that flips the char to not have the double-XP on weekends. The draw of double-XP weekends isn't the rate-increase, not really. It's the fact it's a rate increase for a limited time over a specific period. Weekends are often prime-leisure time, coupled with the fact they're effectively "wasting time" not being on WoW as not being online means they're not getting bonus XP, it's often quite effective. However neither of us really know, that's why I think a trial would be needed "Hey we aren't giving this to you guys, we're TRYING IT" type thing.

On the same token players could self-enforce their own double-XP weekends with selectable rates. My issue with this one being that I would really rather not have the control (but maybe I could write an addon to sorta enforce it). Not only that but I do like the idea of everyone leveling at the same rate. Imagine going to a PVP zone at lvl 35, seeing another lvl 35 that you want to hunt eventually ... but they level at 3x your rate and just leave. I feel the impact on world PVP and friendly parties and quests on the already often lonely server would be severe (but hey, maybe not, like what if 3x more people come in? I haven't crunched enough numbers yet).
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

blagovest_tonev

#17 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 19 Mar 2017 18:03

I agree with you, a trial must be given should the idea get accepted. However I'm still on opinion this won't have that good impact population-wise, simply because when I'm joining a Blizzlike server, I expect 1x rates from the moment I decided to join. But as I said above, if the majority is in favour, I will agree with the decision.

Lyrik89

#18 » Post by Lyrik89 » 19 Mar 2017 21:42

DONT F***IN MESS WITH THE RATES!!!

I've chose this server BECAUSE rates! +2 population just cause it is 1x rate! And tbh here i see the rates actualy working properly too! Been on sooooo many soocaled1xrated servers where rates were a mess; few things drop so easly others took ages to drop, the true blizzlike rates just didnt aplied... i know im talkin bout the drop atm but take the step of xp and ull c the vote apear to rate drops too!

U kno im promoting the cf parts so u kno im not a "strict blizzlike maniac" but there r things wich better stay as it is!

And .nodouble wont make it any better... the thing is that they touch into the core and change the rate system! that has effects trough the whole game wich none can tell what will b!

-2; rates hapen me and partner insta leave... honestly (even tho i came to like and respect the server much)

devil5000

#19 » Post by devil5000 » 20 Mar 2017 00:13

Wouldnt this just end up in old players making alts and barley any new people coming to the server?
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

VanillaPVE

#20 » Post by VanillaPVE » 20 Mar 2017 02:18

(Vote Rescinded as I don't play on TW)

The XP rates have already increased from Vanilla and TBC. As well as the fact that as the server progress (at least for PW) heirlooms will be made available to speed leveling for those who want it.

Increasing the XP rates is not going to magically bring in a plethora of new players as there are plenty of “fun” servers already out there doing that. Leave the rates as is.
Last edited by VanillaPVE on 20 Mar 2017 03:35, edited 1 time in total.

devil5000

#21 » Post by devil5000 » 20 Mar 2017 02:44

VanillaPVE wrote:
20 Mar 2017 02:18
-1 for me.

The XP rates have already increased from Vanilla and TBC. As well as the fact that as the server progress (at least for PW) heirlooms will be made available to speed leveling for those who want it.

Increasing the XP rates is not going to magically bring in a plethora of new players as there are plenty of “fun” servers already out there doing that. Leave the rates as is.

Think this suggestion is only aimed at Truewow and not Primalwow.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

VanillaPVE

#22 » Post by VanillaPVE » 20 Mar 2017 03:34

devil5000 wrote: Think this suggestion is only aimed at Truewow and not Primalwow.
Then I'll take back my vote as I don't play play there. However, with heirlooms being available there, I still don't see the need for this.

Agame

#23 » Post by Agame » 20 Mar 2017 04:54

VanillaPVE wrote:
+1
Last edited by Agame on 20 Mar 2017 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ally for life

Lyrik89

#24 » Post by Lyrik89 » 20 Mar 2017 09:15

VanillaPVE wrote:
Thats kinda the thing is; u can find many rated servers but so few 1x and so its even harder to find such old 1x servers...

TW is just the perfect place for old gamers who might have been away from wow for years and now looking for a home to start again. Why?
First of all once u play trough WoW countless times u realize that the questing and lvling part (even tho sometimes is a pain) one of the best parts of the game... so u dont wana haste it and rush 80 (atleast u dont want at most of the time lol) just to sit in dala and talk crap on global xD
Twice it is the age of the server; simply cause 7yrs is just soo many time and means soo many work have been done by the staff (if responsible enough, and thank god they r like that here). The older a server is the greater the chance it has minimal amount of bugs and possibly all or almost all scripts working. And now im not talkin bout just the lvl80 stuff; u just dont know how satisfied i were when i swept off all the quests of eversong and ghostlands and only found 2 minor bugs in the whole zone!

TW is a rare server and an important part of its rarity is the rates.

Ancestor

#25 » Post by Ancestor » 20 Mar 2017 09:41

Keep it 1x...as said we got looms and raf

Noblemane

#26 » Post by Noblemane » 20 Mar 2017 09:51

+1 I'm all for x2 ep rates as a command that's optional.

skyx

#27 » Post by skyx » 21 Mar 2017 23:34

Honestly no one wants to level up in a 1x rated server in 2017, giving double exp at weekends is something that I have seen before and even in other similar games. It could bring more pop to server, or maybe not.. But it certainly does not harm the server so:

+1

(copied from Chillmaster because it was 100% what I was going to write)

Eronox
MVP

#28 » Post by Eronox » 03 Apr 2017 22:13

Hello!

Staff has heavily discussed this interally and taking the current situations in mind, we have come to the conclusion that this suggestion is best of rejected. Heavy against points would be current existing heirloom gear in shop and the break-off from the realms original intent. Locking the thread, but we still appreciate the players' iniative!

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash