I'll Probably get murdered for this but...

Arturo

I'll Probably get murdered for this but...

#1 » Post by Arturo » 15 Mar 2017 12:51

I want to suggest that XP rates increased to 3x from now till TBC via command for those who desire it. Hear me out pls.

Reasons:
RDF and pvp is nonexistent from 15-45 - I leveled a hunter from 1-41 as a bit of a test during the Love festival and it took me a few days (3 or so) to get there and stopped when the festival ended. Granted I leveled that quick because of those buffs and dailies. Throughout that time though I did not get a single rdf or pvp pop until lvl 35ish. Not. A. Single. One. I also leveled at various times throughout the day not just sticking to a certain time. In total I got maybe 5 rdf pops before I stopped.

I also had a lvl47 char i abandoned more than a year ago that I resumed leveling after pausing with my hunter. From 47 to 60 I did almost ONLY rdfs and it took me maybe 24hrs total to level 47-60. I did do a few quests here and there in certain necessary areas (Felwood and Searing Gorge) to kill time between dungeon pops.

This experiment led me to the conclusion that most (I dare estimate it at 90%) of all realm activity is centered at max level and endgame content at this stage or within 10 levels. Most of the rdf pops I got were those last 10 levels. At 60 most of us really only do rdf to farm preraid gear (Arena Spams, HoJ/Ironfoe and Mindtap were the most common farms from all the people i asked followed closely by the mandatory scholo runs) and after that its abandoned and then we just stick to raiding and pvp for our gear. On that character I resumed from level 47 i literally had ALL my preraid gear within 1 day of hitting 60 for 2 specs and with 1 week of raiding i had enough raid gear to not look like a total F****** meme. Even then though a lot of people do raid with green gear right after they hit 60 abandoning dungeons altogether since a raiding guild can carry you. The only reason i would ever do scholo or strat now is for Enchantment matts and gold farming.

To sum this up it would be nice to have people speed through the leveling process to see the vanilla endgame content right before BC content is released withing the next few months. Once TBC is enabled vanilla will be pretty much obsolete and will be abandoned altogether. So it would be nice to have as many people experience it as possible before that happens. This will also enable players who don't have the transfer option available to them catch up for tbc and maybe get to see a few raids and some 60 pvp. It just really puts people off having to level in a low pop server, hopefully this will help people stick around by allowing them to experience the glory of Primalwow's vanilla endgame content. This might also help certain guilds that are having trouble filling in raid slots due to the increasing amount of burnt out players.

The only downfall to this would be the fact that some are running the Ironman challenge. With respect to that I added that increased xp be enabled by command for those that aren't doing Ironman by the players that want to level quicker themselves. And to those that want to level at 1x well simply don't write that command.

PS: This suggestion is only for xp rates, not gold, drops, rep or honor or anything like that. Just XP to relieve some of the burden from leveling for new players who want to jump into raiding or for those who want level alts.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

oooooooooolde
Donor

Re: I'll Probably get murdered for this but...

#2 » Post by oooooooooolde » 15 Mar 2017 13:23

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 15 Mar 2017 13:37

Me and a friend have some new chars on primal and as tank/heal duo we have been insta-popping RDF every single time from 15-28 so far. Not sure this is necessary as I see no evidence of dead queue. Only low tank/heal population, which is normal.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Mar 2017 14:18

Levelling is, by all means, the most boring thing to do for the N-th time. Luckily, it's possible to transfer here, so if you have levelled in the past you can just transfer your way to level 60. If you're levelling for the first time, it's alright, as it's the correct way of getting introduced to the game.

From how I view it, this would only help people level up their alts and break the gameplay for completely new players.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Joh0239

#5 » Post by Joh0239 » 15 Mar 2017 15:44

+1 from me.

I play on TW which I have lvled 8 different characters in a x1 rate (no transfers and no RaF). I can say I've done my share of lvling during the years. The only reason why I haven't started a new character on PW is that I would have to start the lvling all over again. If you could enable the xp rate to 3 instead of 1 it would atleast gain my attention and it would be enough to motivation me to start playing on PW aswell.

I think it is a good idea to do it now before TBC comes out. For the reason that new players could reach vanilla wow end game raids, which would attract me. Then when TBC comes out it can be decreased back to normal 1x aswell. Since it's not hard to lvl 10 levels, especielly in outlands.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

KohiiKaiju

#6 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 15 Mar 2017 16:09

You can get 300% experience right now...just need a friend!

skyx

#7 » Post by skyx » 15 Mar 2017 20:16

+1

More new people = more activity = less reliant on HR ninja pugs.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Mar 2017 20:41

But you're already leveling way faster than you normally would at vanilla or TBC, with lots of perks that make it faster for leveling. You can recruit someone and level at 3x, if not then you can also transfer a character from about any other server.

Joh0239

#9 » Post by Joh0239 » 15 Mar 2017 21:00

yea, we can transfer from any other server, except TW…

Can you answer one question: Will transfer from TW to PW be available before or after TBC is enabled?
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Mar 2017 21:06

I don't have that information

Arturo

#11 » Post by Arturo » 15 Mar 2017 22:44

Nyeriah wrote:But you're already leveling way faster than you normally would at vanilla or TBC, with lots of perks that make it faster for leveling. You can recruit someone and level at 3x, if not then you can also transfer a character from about any other server.
While this is true, transfers aren't available to everyone. There's folks that come from servers like retro wow or fun servers who want to give this realm a try but they're forced to level again and that puts them off specially considering its so rare to have dungeons at lower levels and the vast majority of the activity is centered around endgame content. Most people who are playing on any private server have leveled like a million times and having to start over anywhere really puts them off. That's why they choose those fun servers or instant cap etc to skip through the grind. Not everyone has the free time to level in less then a week and then spend another 2 weeks or so grinding gear specially with a lot of us grown up now. I myself am a 1x blizzlike only type of guy which is why I'm here and while I still enjoy it I no longer have the time or even patience to grind like I used to. Life gets in the way now so I sympathize with them. It would just be nice to give as much incentive as possible to enable people who want to come here to see the vanilla endgame content before it becomes obsolete in a couple of months when tbc launches.

And also i suggested this be a feature that people enabled via a command or maybe through account menu, so if they want to speed through leveling its possible for them and if they don't they can have their regular 1x and only until TBC. Might also help with the tbc launch hype by having more people around for it.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

oooooooooolde
Donor

#12 » Post by oooooooooolde » 15 Mar 2017 23:09

Those people who playing retro wow havent leveled so no point in that arguement. If they have leveled on a legit server theres most likely a transfer option for them, expect rare cases.

You can get dungeon pops at most hours if you know what youre doing. Playing a versetile class usually helps and using /who in your level range is a far superior way to create groups.

Having adjustable xp scaling turns off as many people as it brings and I prefer the people who play 1x

Arturo

#13 » Post by Arturo » 16 Mar 2017 00:23

oooooooooolde wrote:Those people who playing retro wow havent leveled so no point in that arguement. If they have leveled on a legit server theres most likely a transfer option for them, expect rare cases.

You can get dungeon pops at most hours if you know what youre doing. Playing a versetile class usually helps and using /who in your level range is a far superior way to create groups.

Having adjustable xp scaling turns off as many people as it brings and I prefer the people who play 1x
Who's it going to turn off? The people that like 1x vanilla content that play on actual vanilla servers or the ones that got the instant 60 transfer option here and are already at endgame anyways?

I'm only suggesting this as a limited time feature not forever so that it'll be back to 1x when tbc hits. Better than instant 60 since this expansion is quite different from vanilla and you actually get some practice along the way with your class and won't be clueless like quite a few of the instant 60 players.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

cutix3

#14 » Post by cutix3 » 16 Mar 2017 06:20

Joh0239 wrote:yea, we can transfer from any other server, except TW…

Can you answer one question: Will transfer from TW to PW be available before or after TBC is enabled?
Nyeriah wrote:I don't have that information
Does anyone have that information? Transfers between TW and PW has been announced since January and we're already half way through March, I'd even pay for it if need be. I just cannot see why it's such an issue or why it's being put aside.

Sorry for being off-topic.

VanillaPVE

#15 » Post by VanillaPVE » 16 Mar 2017 06:27

-1 The rate of experience you get is already faster than it was during TBC and Vanilla. Also as Primal progresses it will eventually get to the point were heirlooms are going to be made available. That with recruit a friend is more than enough. And if you are worried about population...did I mention the recruit a friend. ;)