[PW] TBC --> Random Battleground?

Gnurg

[PW] TBC --> Random Battleground?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Mar 2017 18:48

When TBC hits, could we enable Random Battleground?

I do see a lot of players being sick of the same battleground over and over. If we had random battleground, it would rotate across the available battlegrounds instead of just spamming the week's call to arms. In addition, the random battleground script takes the amount of players into consideration: should there be few --> WSG, should there be a decent amount --> AB/EotS and should there be very many -> AV.

I think you can choose to disable battlegrounds from it, as IoC was disabled in the past on TW, so it should be possible to disable SotA and IoC.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: [PW] TBC --> Random Battleground?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Mar 2017 18:49

Gnurg wrote:When TBC hits, could we enable Random Battleground?

I do see a lot of players being sick of the same battleground over and over. If we had random battleground, it would rotate across the available battlegrounds instead of just spamming the week's call to arms. In addition, the random battleground script takes the amount of players into consideration: should there be few --> WSG, should there be a decent amount --> AB/EotS and should there be very many -> AV.

I think you can choose to disable battlegrounds from it, as IoC was disabled in the past on TW, so it should be possible to disable SotA and IoC.
It can't be done, it's done client side and I found it very difficult to bypass the client to fake display it. We wanted to enable it when we released the battleground dailies, but since it didn't work, we went for the dailies instead.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Mar 2017 20:03

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:When TBC hits, could we enable Random Battleground?

It can't be done, it's done client side and I found it very difficult to bypass the client to fake display it. We wanted to enable it when we released the battleground dailies, but since it didn't work, we went for the dailies instead.
Ah okay. :-/

I suppose we could have the normal queue display, but place them in the random battleground queue?

It's a wild guess, but I think all you have to do is overwrite the BgTypeId and bracket_id in BattlegroundQueue::AddGroup and BattlegroundQueue::BattlegroundQueueUpdate? I could make them match up together by queueing RBG with one and AB with another. I lack the table characters.rbg_selection, so I couldn't check if it actually invited them to the same battleground.

Not sure if you want such hacky fixes, but on the other hand, the cross-faction battleground system is kind of hacky as well. ^^
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 02 Mar 2017 08:28

.QueueRandomBG

Brennus

#5 » Post by Brennus » 07 Apr 2017 05:28

After snooping around Interface/Framexml/pvpbattlegroundframe.lua and Interface/Framexml/pvpbattlegroundframe.xml I came to the conclusion that if you guys just enable RBG for 70s it will become active in the PVPBattlegroundFrame.

From pvpbattlegroundframe.lua: lines 17, 18, 19 and 20.

Code: Select all

function PVPBattleground_UpdateBattlegrounds()
local frame;
local localizedName, canEnter, isHoliday;
local tempString, BGindex, isBig;

The WoW API function GetBattlegroundInfo() returns the following variables (where underscore is not relevant)

_, canIQueue, _, isRBG, bgID

isRBG is always true if BG index for RBG is passed into GetBattlegroundInfo(). In that case, bgID is equal to 32.

Obviously, this function returns canIQueue as false (when you "ask" if your lvl 70 can queue RBG), but that's server fault.

The same thing happens to our first piece of code: canEnter is false and as such the game itself does not insert RBG into BGs list.

I suppose if the server were to return true, it would be automatically included in BGs list and you would be able to queue ^_^

Keep in mind though I do not have a server running here, and I could not test it myself.
Also, I'm not an expert in lua, so what I'm saying might be just a bunch of crap.

My advice is: just enable RBG for characters level 70 (on PTR of course), log any character in there and see if it has RBG available to him.

Alternatively, you can run the following macro (just paste it into your chat and press enter)

/run for i = 1, GetNumBattlegroundTypes() do local _, canIQueue, _, isRBG, bgID = GetBattlegroundInfo(i); if ( isRBG ) and ( bgID == 32 ) then if ( canIQueue ) then print("You can queue RBG!!!"); else print("You cannot queue RBG!!!"); end; end; end
When running this macro you get a message in your chat telling you if you can actually queue for RBG.

If you log your 80 from TW or PTR, this macro will tell you that you can queue.

If you log anything else (be it 79- from TW or PTR / any character from PW), this macro will tell you that you can't queue.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •