Improve post view?

Gnurg

Improve post view?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Feb 2017 00:43

Should I choose to enter my topic 20 times, the post view for that topic will be incremented by 20 just for looking at my topic 20 times. With that, post view loses purpose, as there's no way of telling if one player clicked it 100 times or 100 players clicked it once.

I am not sure if post view serves any purpose, but if I post a thread, I am more interested in seeing how many unique players looked at that thread. Could we make it like that? Increment only if the player hasn't been to that thread in some time? It would also give an impression of how many actually are active on the forum.

Etro wrote:Summon!
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Improve post view?

#2 » Post by Etro » 23 Feb 2017 00:48

Nope.

Not only that would mean to edit phpbb stuff, it would mean to edit database phpbb stuff. Nowhere it is stored if someone has read a topic at least once, only if that someone has unread posts in that topic or not.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Gnurg

Re: Improve post view?

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Feb 2017 01:07

Etro wrote:Nope.

Not only that would mean to edit phpbb stuff, it would mean to edit database phpbb stuff. Nowhere it is stored if someone has read a topic at least once, only if that someone has unread posts in that topic or not.
Hmm okay. I guess it can' t be done then. :/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE