Donor

Re: [PW] MC trash

#16 » Post by lrctgl » 18 Feb 2017 01:17

bump

Flooded
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Flooded » 18 Feb 2017 13:48

Molten core and BWL tuning should put them at approximately 1 hour 30 minutes per instance. At an average pace, that's how fast a guild should be taking to clear it. If a group is self inflicting issues on itself to be slower than this we shouldn't try to nerf content to meet their needs.

If you want to adjust a particular set of trash mobs, I suggest looking at surgers and core rager packs. These two mob packs could have minor adjustments.

Surgers currently have a bug that can one shot your entire raid. Look into fixing this first before making changes to the whole instance.

Note that BWL trash actually is easier than intended since there is not proper linking. Suppression room also is easier than intended. If you're going to reduce trash hp in BWL I suggest correcting linking issues with these packs to not trivialize the content.

We think that the overall difficulty of both instances is correct right now, but minor adjustments could be made.

KohiiKaiju

#18 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 18 Feb 2017 14:40

I think the issue is with duration and not difficulty, as I understand the complaints. The Giants and Corehounds particularly have a lot of health.

Not that Im choosing a side! +0

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Anesthesia » 19 Feb 2017 15:13

Reducing HP of trash mobs in MC and BWL is certainly not needed, just yesterday we had a full MC clear in less than 2h, group started with about 30 players and ended with maybe 35, some characters were not even in their pBiS gear, I would say thats pretty normal clear time, same goes for BWL.

On the other hand Onyxia trash could be completely removed, imo there is no point in spending 10+ minutes AoEing all of them.
No one can see what's in my pocket.

swinguin

#20 » Post by swinguin » 20 Feb 2017 12:35

Nerfing MC trashs' hp doesn't trivialize the raid, it makes it endurable. We are talking about raid trash with the most basic mechanics in the game and i doubt a single guild here has trouble dealing with it, it's just tedious.

Considering we are on naxx content already (and far progressed into it) i fail to see how this would have anything but positive impacts on the overall community, both raiders who are naxx geared already aswell as people who are fresh 60/transferred a template character.

Flooded
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Flooded » 22 Feb 2017 00:37

You're understating the difficulty of molten core trash. Mechanically, core rager packs are more difficult than majority of trash packs in Naxxramas and frankly the entire game. This is by design.

Break things down by the minimum number of healers and tanks that would be required to clear the instance. When you've come up with that number, now account for things such as consumables and how much time they save your raid on average.

Almsivi
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 22:57

No longer relevant, rejecting
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli