(PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

Should transfers receive their HK's/ranks from other servers?

Yes, transfers should receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
49%
No, transfers should not receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
51%

Total votes: 51

Kniteknite

Re: Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#16 » Post by Kniteknite » 08 Feb 2017 23:16

Faythrune wrote:I think they should be allowed to keep HK/ranks they worked hard for it, after all it is a 1:1 transfer. Why steal what they earned.
:tick: ~taking away legitimately earned stuff would diss new pvp ers and would not be good advertising ~ (Kk~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Remix
Donor

#17 » Post by Remix » 09 Feb 2017 04:13

Like you said its a pve server, I haven't seen 1 person that's transferred with more than 15k hks say anything. If you transferred here you pretty much give up all achievements and ranks I would think. Us ppl that actually pvp do care and don't like seeing this abused. FIX IT!~

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2017 04:48

This probably doesn't help at all, but we could make transferred characters not show in the HK ladder list before they are X months old at our server.

Remix
Donor

#19 » Post by Remix » 09 Feb 2017 05:56

Nyeriah wrote:This probably doesn't help at all, but we could make transferred characters not show in the HK ladder list before they are X months old at our server.
How about 24 months but nah it doesn't help the cause. If you transfer over, keeping gear is fine since you pve'd for it and now pvp gear is more easily obtainable so even that gear is fine to keep. Just do something about the HK's that's all, nothing more to be said.

blagovest_tonev

Re: (PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#20 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 09 Feb 2017 06:00

If one would be okay with losing anything from his character, he wouldn't want to transfer in first place. It's not others' fault PW players weren't able to achieve a certain amount of HKs.
jgun17 wrote:I never said anything about taking individuals items away, not sure where you got them from.
I'm quite sure that will be the next thing one would request.

Remix
Donor

#21 » Post by Remix » 09 Feb 2017 06:04

Why isn't the new transfers responding to this? oh yeah most of them are alts from ppl that already play here. Like ive said only seen afew of these transfers in pvp lately, I guess they just taking the month off after transferring.

blagovest_tonev

#22 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 09 Feb 2017 06:10

Seeing only a few transfered players PvPing is not a valid argument to remove fairly earned stuff from them.

Remix
Donor

#23 » Post by Remix » 09 Feb 2017 06:27

You do realize this is PW stuff not TW? or maybe you got a char on pw that I don't know about? or did you have a char transfer over? Your missing the main point though....

blagovest_tonev

#24 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 09 Feb 2017 06:29

I do have characters on PW, if that is bothering you. And no, I leveled all my characters on our realms. And one last thing, everybody is free to voice his opinion as long as the thread is on public forums.

jgun17

#25 » Post by jgun17 » 09 Feb 2017 06:48

blagovest_tonev wrote:If one would be okay with losing anything from his character, he wouldn't want to transfer in first place. It's not others' fault PW players weren't able to achieve a certain amount of HKs.
jgun17 wrote:I never said anything about taking individuals items away, not sure where you got them from.
I'm quite sure that will be the next thing one would request.
Blagovest_toney,

I have yet to meet a transfer on Primal that has not agreed that they should not have their rank and titles, Warlords/high ranking players (Maybe I will get them to post on the forums). Less than a week ago, all of the best PvP gear is obtainable with honor alone. You no longer need arena rating. However, you do need a 1750 arena rating for weapons (lower than previous requirements). No one is asking to take away these individuals gear, you are missing the point. Glad you have characters on Primal, its the greatest private server out!

Best, Sub
Subtlety

Deim

#26 » Post by Deim » 09 Feb 2017 09:19

How about let wait until the transfer have a say here. Cuz all I see is vocal minority that can't stand some1 beeing higher in ladders then they do...

Well...Ehh why do I even bother its always like that here. Just few people on forums with their opinions when the ones that should be concerned most dont even join discussion.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#27 » Post by Gnurg » 09 Feb 2017 09:44

Gnurg wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many of the transfers did already have level 60 characters here already? Has the population increased?
I'd ask this again.

On TrueWoW we had the same problem where more geared players got transfered and given to already playing players. It didn't conttibute too much to the population. Personally I had a grudge against the player who transfered (from a small Czech server) with almost all achievements unlocked (3v3 Fire Mage gladiator, Yogg-Saron25+0 on the first kill, legendary Ulduar hammer on 3 characters), where the charater was given to another player after like a month and since then been passed around to everyone to play. It kills your motivation when seeing someone having taking an easier route and getting a better result.

The whole 1.12.1 transfer seemed rushed if you ask me. There was no public discussion, where PrimalWoW players got to voice their opinion about the 1-1 transfers. It was just enabled the second I managed to make it compatible with the transfer system.

I would rather keep the active population happy, than feeding the existing players with fancy characters
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

majstorfanta

#28 » Post by majstorfanta » 09 Feb 2017 10:35

Nyeriah wrote:This probably doesn't help at all, but we could make transferred characters not show in the HK ladder list before they are X months old at our server.
Yes this sounds reasonable. Set it up so that they have to have at least 10 days played on primal to show their Hks.
Only a few will show up in a list after a while.

+1 from me
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

devil5000

#29 » Post by devil5000 » 09 Feb 2017 10:49

Well considering that some people only play bcs of pvp and getting the most hks removing them from their chars wouldn't rly motivate them to try and reach them again so they would prolly just stop playing.Imagine if all your achivments and stuff you gained on another server reseted that would completly destroy the will for some people to continue playing and would just make them quit the game/server.Think it would be best to just keep their hks they earned on other servers.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

majstorfanta

#30 » Post by majstorfanta » 09 Feb 2017 12:07

@devil
Nyeriah had a nice suggestion to fix that. Noone will lose any HK and it shows up on a ladder if that character is being played for certain amount of time on primalwow.
It even does not have to be long because 70% of transfers alrdy on that list have quit, 25% is alts and alrdy have been active on the server on other characters. So I d say only 5% is gonna be there if that suggestion goes through.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets