(PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

Should transfers receive their HK's/ranks from other servers?

Yes, transfers should receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
49%
No, transfers should not receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
51%

Total votes: 51

hallister
Donor

Re: (PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#31 » Post by hallister » 09 Feb 2017 15:18

Lmao, you do know this debate is based on a PvE server Right? The focus on this server was to attract people who wish to progress not PvP. As much as I love to PvP I think that it's morally wrong to take something someone earned. Just add a system with the HK ladder and be done with it.

And I suggest again a Monthly and Weekly HK tracker for Primal WoW
PW:
60 Fire Mage - Jace
60 Discipline Priest - Jayce
60 Enhancement Shaman - Pembroke

samoman21

Re: Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#32 » Post by samoman21 » 09 Feb 2017 17:17

Nyeriah wrote:This probably doesn't help at all, but we could make transferred characters not show in the HK ladder list before they are X months old at our server.
This is probably the best answer that both sides can agree with. Gets rid of the people that quit the server from rankings, and gives one's who stuck around the ability to keep there hks, and even make it back to the list as long as they actually do play on the server still.
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

majstorfanta

#33 » Post by majstorfanta » 09 Feb 2017 17:32

exactly, noone will lose any HK with that suggestion. Also even tho it is pve server it does not matter. I like pvp much more than pve. If in september 2015 there was pvp server with same plan and goals as primal I d be surely playing there but this is just as good and does not need to change. With recent wboss fix I do not think either side has anything to complain about pve / pvp wise.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Mizzeeh

#34 » Post by Mizzeeh » 10 Feb 2017 14:17

I'm not very invested in this, since I frankly don't care very much about PvP on this server, but I've been following the discussion because I care about the welfare of this server in general and it seems to me that people arguing "opposing" sides are often arguing about entirely different things in this debate.

From what I've seen, people that are upset about transfers have 2 issues:

1) The HK ladder:
It's easier to rack up HKs on most other servers, where you can get 10v10 WSG and 15v15 ABs all the time and even regular AVs, don't have to wait for ages in queue and can even do a bunch of world PvP. People are upset, not specifically that those characters get to have a high HK number, but that they're clogging up the HK ladder with characters that don't necessarily even play, much less PvP actively.

2) The PvP titles:
Due to the issue mentioned in 1), very many of these transfers will get high ranking PvP titles when they transfer here, titles that people who've been playing here for long feel that they haven't earned. The counter argument to this that I've seen is that people worked hard for those titles on a different server and should get to keep them, in theory this would be true, but it doesn't hold any water because the PvP rank system is different here than on most other servers and the vast majority of those people will not have gotten Rank 12+ PvP titles on their original servers, and if they did then I'm sure that could be handled on a case-by-case basis, since that will be a very small number of people.

Non-issues being argued about:
- Removing peoples' gear. Gear is fairly easy to achieve after the PvP update and the only thing that really takes effort is HWL weapons, and if you had those on a different server you probably deserve them.
- Removing peoples' HKs/achievements. As long as they don't affect 1) and 2) I'm sure nobody minds people having a very inflated HK number relative to this server.

Potential fixes:
So far I've seen 3 potential fixes being thrown about for issue 1). Not having characters show up on the HK ladder until they're X months old, not having characters show up on the HK ladder until they have X days /played and implementing a weekly/monthly HK ladder. I would also suggest that it might be possible to count only HKs they've gotten on this server, for example by archiving the number they transferred with and subtracting that from their total HKs while updating the ladder.
For 2) I've seen more or less the same ideas for fixes thrown about as for 1), I'd again suggest that it might be possible to count only HKs they've gotten on this realm, or potentially allow people to have a certain PvP title max and require them to get the same number of HKs other people on the server would to progress from that point(say you get to start with Rank 10 title, max, and if you want to get rank 11 you'll have to get 1750 HKs, just like other people on the server). I could see this being a bigger issue to implement, though, and is definitely more of a challenge.

Almsivi
Former Staff

#35 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 23:01

No longer relevant, rejecting
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli