(PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

Should transfers receive their HK's/ranks from other servers?

Yes, transfers should receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
49%
No, transfers should not receive HK's and ranks from other servers.
51%

Total votes: 51

jgun17

(PW) Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#1 » Post by jgun17 » 08 Feb 2017 14:23

IMO: transfers in no way shape or form should receive HK's.

Reasons why:
-it's not fair to those who have been queueing on Primal for years (look at /played)
-the people that already have warlord/high ranks aren't queueing (Hurting the pvp scene)
-the amount of garbage warlords and grand marshals that have transferred makes me sad, if you earned high warlord/grand marshal on primal you are probably a good pvper (better than average, not the case for transfers)
-let's reward the players that have tried so hard to make Primal PvP active
-last but not least, this seems very unprimal to me considering this servers history!
Last edited by jgun17 on 09 Feb 2017 05:41, edited 1 time in total.
Subtlety

blagovest_tonev

Re: Should transfers receive HK's/ranks?

#2 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 08 Feb 2017 14:38

And what would the point of transfering to our realms be? First you would like to take their PvP titles, after that you may request removing their PvP items, and in the end anyone would request removing a certain PvE item, because he worked hard on our realms to achieve that item and the transfered guy got it transfered from another server.. :?:

And before you ask, yes - I did read your reasons. I have a question when it comes to your reasoning - how does not transfering HKs reward our players? All you would achieve is taking off the hard work of some players who want to spend time around.

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 08 Feb 2017 15:01

I believe it'd be a great idea to have the Honorable kill counter moved with the transfer as well. As long as it's a 1:1 transfer, that is. Through my eyes, such transfers inherits the same priviliges as the transfers who came out of a servers merge. (Like Spermik->TW)

I'll give a +1 for this. Not for the aim of ranks, as they won't persist into TBC anyways for PW players, but for the general desire to achieve them HK' achivements! :)

Opinion in FYI:

-> If 1:1 transfer
-> I don't regard the Rank transfer in a whole, since it's to be neglected with the TBC release anyways.
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36997

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Remix
Donor

#4 » Post by Remix » 08 Feb 2017 16:54

Like I said in the other post about this that got no gm acknowledgement. Ofcourse they should have their hks reset, way more than half these guys don't even pvp atm so why should they keep their hks? If your not gonna full reset them atleast put them somewhere below the 15k mark so they can actually start pvping.

jgun17

#5 » Post by jgun17 » 08 Feb 2017 19:14

blagovest_tonev wrote:And what would the point of transfering to our realms be? First you would like to take their PvP titles, after that you may request removing their PvP items, and in the end anyone would request removing a certain PvE item, because he worked hard on our realms to achieve that item and the transfered guy got it transfered from another server.. :?:

And before you ask, yes - I did read your reasons. I have a question when it comes to your reasoning - how does not transfering HKs reward our players? All you would achieve is taking off the hard work of some players who want to spend time around.
There are numerous reasons individuals would transfer (transfers on Primal are not PvPing, generally speaking). I never said anything about taking individuals items away, not sure where you got them from. This was more directed at PrimalWoW players not TrueWoW players, the communities are very different (should have been more specific). Addressing your last question, players that have been around the server for a long time have not been able to obtain HK's like many transfers have due to a low population and lack of PvP. With the current system players would be better off playing on a 1.12 server (with a high population) and farming HK's and then transferring, already know players doing it. Hope I answered your question!

Best, Sub
Subtlety

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Feb 2017 19:30

Just out of curiosity, how many of the transfers did already have level 60 characters here already? Has the population increased?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

jgun17

#7 » Post by jgun17 » 08 Feb 2017 19:36

Gnurg wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many of the transfers did already have level 60 characters here? Has the population increased?
Good question, I'd say new players have transferred a lot more than existing players on Primal (just my observation, don't have numbers to back it up). The population has for sure seen an increase.

Best, Sub
Subtlety

oooooooooolde
Donor

#8 » Post by oooooooooolde » 08 Feb 2017 19:47

Half their HKs - if somebody has 30k HKs they've still done a tremendous amount of pvp regardless of realm. Yes Primal has been a hard grind at its worst times, but I think halfing would be a good middle ground :)

Gala

#9 » Post by Gala » 08 Feb 2017 19:55

Yes,transfers should receive HKs. This is a purely cosmetic thing and people here seem to be butthurt all over this for no reason,other then them not feeling as "special" and as entitled.
In no shape or form should their HKs be removed completely. If you would actually reduce their number of HKs it needs to be done by adding their numbers in a formula whose variables depend on the server,population,played time,bgs played etc. But, this honestly just doesn't seem worth it.
Galaron - 70 warlock

samoman21

#10 » Post by samoman21 » 08 Feb 2017 19:55

Another thing is that the top 100 HK list, half the people don't even sign on or pvp anymore. I'm fine with transfers getting gear, pvp and pve, but they should still get some kind of HK decrease. Prior to the transfers, the top 10-20 were filled with people who actually PVP. Except for 1 or 2 people, i have never seen any of the top 20 people in any games.

The prior top 5 (Remix, Rae, silver, asteroid, jackofclubs) all grinded week after week in WSG to get where they are. It would take about a week just to get about 200HK and thats with constant queuing. Nothing against the transfers, but as remix said many of them are unskilled and are more of a fodder to KB then being useful.

Would you like to see a list of people in top 100 who actually play/work for the spot. or just transfers who more then half signed on once and then left. The 1:1 transfer was a great idea, however like many of us. they should have to work again for their HK's. Or at least have it decreased as remix suggested.
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

samoman21

#11 » Post by samoman21 » 08 Feb 2017 19:58

Gala wrote:Yes,transfers should receive HKs. This is a purely cosmetic thing and people here seem to be butthurt all over this for no reason,other then them not feeling as "special" and as entitled.
In no shape or form should their HKs be removed completely. If you would actually reduce their number of HKs it needs to be done by adding their numbers in a formula whose variables depend on the server,population,played time,bgs played etc. But, this honestly just doesn't seem worth it.
My bigger problem is that half the top 100 have already left. It's filled with ghosts and people who signed on, maybe came to one raid, and then left. I just find that whole idea ridiculous and should be changed.
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

Deim

#12 » Post by Deim » 08 Feb 2017 20:39

Seriously? You'd better start to care about your own hks than others. So many ppl concerned about things that dont belong to them. Maybe we should introduce communism and spread all hks to every1 on ladder equaly .... so you can stop whining. So what u see grand marshal geared guy who is unskilled. Than u just kill him and get hk. Get real people this server has much more important issues than hk ladder on PvE realm....
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

hallister
Donor

#13 » Post by hallister » 08 Feb 2017 20:55

Deim is right, I really don't see the problem with just farming HK's now that the new PvP system is in place everyone's queuing to get HWL/GM as well as for the gear. I think Primal could implement Weekly and Monthly HK tracking system too see people who are more active and see who is still grinding for HK's. something that could satisfy some of the salty people is maybe a little fun and have a reward system for the highest HK count Weekly and highest HK count Monthly. That's if those trackers are implemented.

But I think a lot of transfers have done pvp here and taking the ones they already earned would be wrong and deciphering which were at Primal and which were at the other server is uncessary work.
PW:
60 Fire Mage - Jace
60 Discipline Priest - Jayce
60 Enhancement Shaman - Pembroke

Faythrune

#14 » Post by Faythrune » 08 Feb 2017 21:39

I think they should be allowed to keep HK/ranks they worked hard for it, after all it is a 1:1 transfer. Why steal what they earned.

Deim

#15 » Post by Deim » 08 Feb 2017 22:22

There used to be pvp stats for TW just get it working for primal @hallister
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.