[PW] Realm First! Raid Management

Gnurg

[PW] Realm First! Raid Management

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 11:45

One of the problems that come up when we nerf content is that on release, they might be easy to clear for several guilds, but only the one first one to get there will get the award. I suggest that if there was a nerf to an encounter in that raid for that week, we create timeslots, so that all the big guilds got a chance at the achievement regardless of time-zone.

Day 1 would be from realm-restart and 24 hours forward. Day 2, 24 hours after that again. Should two raid clear it in the same 'day', they will both get the achievement. Look at the examples below.

Example 1:
  • Kel'Thuzad had his HP lower by 20 %, this was applied on the update at 1 AM.
  • The guild Rumrum raids the instance, clearing it by 3 AM (2nd day). They get the Realm-First achievement. (22 hours until its been a full day since reset)
  • The guild Pasta Tomato Dish raids the instance, clears it by 11 PM (2nd day). They will have their Realm-First achievement handed over by a GM. (2 hours until full day)
  • The guild Inquisition raids the instance, clear it by 6 PM (3rd day). They will NOT get the Realm-First achievement. (15 hours too late)
Example 2:
  • Kel'Thuzad had his HP lower by 20 %, this was applied on the update at 1 AM.
  • The guild Pasta Tomato Dish raids the instance, clears it by 11 PM (1st day). They will have their Realm-First achievement handed over by a GM. (2 hours until full day)
  • The guild Rumrum raids the instance, clearing it by 3 AM (2nd day). They will NOT get the Realm-First achievement. (2 hours too late)
Example 3:
  • There was no update to any of the crucial bosses, but update was at 1 AM.
  • The guild Rumrum raids the instance, clearing it by 3 AM (1st day). They get the Realm-First achievement.
  • The guild Pasta Tomato Dish raids the instance, clears it by 11 PM (1st day). They will NOT get the Realm-First achievement.
Goal: Eliminate time-zone unfairness.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: [PW] Realm First! Raid Management

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Feb 2017 12:53

This defeats the purpose of what a realm first is tbf.

Gala

#3 » Post by Gala » 05 Feb 2017 12:57

TO BE FRANK? Nyeriah are you papa franku?!?!??!?!
Galaron - 70 warlock

CloudrA

#4 » Post by CloudrA » 05 Feb 2017 12:59

Do u ever experience that moment when u think to urself "damn im pretty fucking intelligent" and then u go and read these posts on forums and u can just feel ur IQ going down slowly as u read further into the post

Deim

#5 » Post by Deim » 05 Feb 2017 13:01

Nyeriah wrote:This defeats the purpose of what a realm first is tbf.
Exactly
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Rayen

#6 » Post by Rayen » 05 Feb 2017 13:03

Eronox
MVP

#7 » Post by Eronox » 05 Feb 2017 13:07

I agree with the resistance part, it'll kill the purpose of the Realm's first achivement indeed.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Longi

#8 » Post by Longi » 05 Feb 2017 13:44

Gnurg wrote: Realm first will create drama. i.e. "You only killed it first, because you got to it first after the nerf." or "EU has an advantage over NA when it comes to Realm resets". Just completing it by the next raid release would give everyone in a raiding guild a shot at it, ensuring that no one dedicated would feel left out.
and no its not out of concext

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 15:35

Nyeriah wrote:This defeats the purpose of what a realm first is tbf.
I have only raided on PrimalWoW for a short while, but for the few short while I did raid, it appears that most of the progression bosses are defeated the same week for all the larger guilds. The week the boss was either released or nerfed. What is the chances that Kel'Thuzad and the remaining bosses don't turn out like that? The only boss I would say was tuned in a challenging way, but still being possible is Gothik (even though nobody defeated him yet). Maybe older raiders can provide some more insight to how it has been in the past, but it's likely the reality for when the Realm-First will happen. It'll highly depend on when the staff decides on updating the server.

The intention isn't to hand out the achievement to everyone, as someone has interpreted it, but rather give everyone an equal chance on the achievement regardless of time-zone.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Deim

#10 » Post by Deim » 05 Feb 2017 16:30

Your suggestion still is bad. Realm firsts were not handed like that on retail... bosses were also released at times when lets say eu guild didn't raid usualy. If they wanted to try to get it they would need to change their usual schedule for release day, start raid earlier /wait to start it later. Mind that fixes were also applied like that if something proved to be buged or guilds abused something in order to kill boss.
Not everything has to be "fair" u can like it or not but thats how's life. Hardcore raiding requires dedication and sacrefices be it staying up late to w8 for nerf etc. Since those are usualy announced way before they are applied.

Edit: You wanted opinion of "older raiders" so here u go I was on Primal fairly long nearly since the release, with few brakes due irl so I guess that counts.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 16:43

Deim wrote:Your suggestion still is bad. Realm firsts were not handed like that on retail... bosses were also released at times when lets say eu guild didn't raid usualy. If they wanted to try to get it they would need to change their usual schedule for release day, start raid earlier /wait to start it later. Mind that fixes were also applied like that if something proved to be buged or guilds abused something in order to kill boss.
Not everything has to be "fair" u can like it or not but thats how's life. Hardcore raiding requires dedication and sacrefices be it staying up late to w8 for nerf etc. Since those are usualy announced way before they are applied.
In that case, I hope the update will be scheduled to favour EU, as the server online peak is from 18:00 to 22:00 GMT+1.

Deim wrote:Edit: You wanted opinion of "older raiders" so here u go I was on Primal fairly long nearly since the release, with few brakes due irl so I guess that counts.
I was more interested in knowing how raid progression has been in the past from the older raiders. i.e. were Nefarian downed the same week for all the big guilds?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Chatsnap

#12 » Post by Chatsnap » 05 Feb 2017 17:13

Gnurg wrote:In that case, I hope the update will be scheduled to favour EU, as the server online peak is from 18:00 to 22:00 GMT+1.
and i hope you miss the raid lol

Deim

#13 » Post by Deim » 05 Feb 2017 18:13

I wouldn't pick BWL as an example since back then my orginal guild ditched server at the release and generaly speaking population was dropping. And afaik Murmur was more intrested in Lordearon than Primal so majority first kills belonged to VK i think cuz for some time they were only guild beeing able to fill whole raid and had stable raidcore. Speaking for example of ZG when pop was increading much more stable, most guilds cleared some bosses relatively close to each other. while some were struggling, Crimson couldnt kill Spider for quite long time and same goes for Bat. For AQ20 and AQ40 most bosses were taken down by other guilds within week since realm firsts or two except huhu and c'thun which u should be probably aware of and in most cases it wasnt matter of nerf but lack of proper gear (nr and pots) or followig correct tacts.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired

x00er00

#14 » Post by x00er00 » 05 Feb 2017 18:16

I am conflicted on this suggestion , on one hand i agree with Gnurg here that all guilds should have a shot at this ...but Realm Firsts should take effect upon Wotlk content realease not vanilla, and the RF for Naxx in this case was to begin with a pushover... As is the one for Eye of Eternity.
Real RF's should be considered Ulduar , ToC , Icc.

Gnurg

#15 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 19:12

benzviliran wrote:me achieve whore pls nerf so i can get achieve ty
Snipped Out by Coldstep-- I should behave better!
Last edited by Gnurg on 06 Feb 2017 11:41, edited 2 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE