[Rejected] [PW] PvP Titles in TBC?

Gnurg

[Rejected] [PW] PvP Titles in TBC?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Feb 2017 19:05

Could we keep PvP-titles in TBC, even if it was removed after Vanilla on retail (because PvP system was reworked)?
  • The requirement for each PvP-title would be the same as it was prior to the nerf in December. 50 000 HKs for the final title.
  • Everyone who already achieved their PvP-titles in our Vanilla-stage will keep them, so there's no need for them to farm several HKs for their titles once more.
It serves as a great motivation to keep people queueing for battlegrounds. The Burning Crusade will hopefully balance most of the classes, encouraging new classes, specs and people to give it a try as well.

Please state in a post, whenever you are in favour (+1) or disfavour (-1) of the suggestion. Pools have the problem that they're anonymous, so one player can vote several times from different accounts without getting detected.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Tirionfordri

Re: [PW] PvP Titles in TBC?

#2 » Post by Tirionfordri » 03 Feb 2017 21:19

+1 BGs are good

lrctgl
Donor

#3 » Post by lrctgl » 03 Feb 2017 21:24

+1 everything for boosting the bgs

oooooooooolde
Donor

#4 » Post by oooooooooolde » 03 Feb 2017 21:30

-1 Vanilla titles for vanilla, lots to do in 70s pvp even without a golden carrot

Chatsnap

#5 » Post by Chatsnap » 03 Feb 2017 22:44

Haven't played any BGs at max level on PW yet, but to me it sounds like a decent suggestions to increase BG activity in TBC.

+1

Evildead

#6 » Post by Evildead » 04 Feb 2017 00:20

+1 It's like retail.
https://imgur.com/NhsJUyc.jpg

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~Albert Einstein.

Nephyx
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nephyx » 04 Feb 2017 10:17

-1 . These titles should remain as an unique reward for people who actively played during the Vanilla phase. The amount of HKs required for the given ranks was already reduced some time ago, so I see no other reason (except for personal one) to make them available in TBC as well.
Right Conquers Might

majstorfanta

#8 » Post by majstorfanta » 04 Feb 2017 11:08

-1 Exaclty what nephyx says, he sums it up nicely
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Deim

#9 » Post by Deim » 04 Feb 2017 13:51

TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Longi

#10 » Post by Longi » 04 Feb 2017 14:26

here we go again :D Greedy Gnurgie starting making selfish ideas for PW too ... after destroying TW its time for PW :D
Viva la Gnurg the realm destroyer :D :D

Gala

#11 » Post by Gala » 04 Feb 2017 14:58

very rude mister Lungi

but Gala think det u ken still get ze Vanilla Tittiels in the next fore months

Keep plaeyin Battlegronds Gnurd,cya in the grinder.

Galaron - 70 warlock

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 04 Feb 2017 15:01

Nephyx wrote:-1 . These titles should remain as an unique reward for people who actively played during the Vanilla phase. The amount of HKs required for the given ranks was already reduced some time ago, so I see no other reason (except for personal one) to make them available in TBC as well.
Yes, it should be unique rewards for the 3 who did it on PW and the 21 transfers who came from servers with more PvP... One of the PrimalWoW players pointed out that he had 3 times as much play-time as one of the transfers, where the transfers had 3 times as many HKs. PvP has been pretty much been dead on PrimalWoW, besides in the very beginning and somewhat since yesterday (though, I predict it will fade soon). From what I know, the 3 PrimalWoW players were all active during the start-up, so there's no one who managed to pick it up if they joined 6-months into the project.

I predict that the PvP-scene will flourish in TBC, where several classes and roles will be viable. If you get 1-2 DoTs on yourself and can't heal, you probably won't die as resilience will balance that out. It would reach proper activity to make it possible for anyone who are very eager to PvP to obtain the titles, not just the ones who were fortunate enough to join in at the right time or transferred from PvP-utopias (Anything is a PvP-utopia compared to PW).

I don't think I'll find myself going for the titles myself, as I've barely managed to scrap together 100 000 on TrueWoW, and picking up 50 000 in the short time we have TBC seems unlikely for me. I still believe there are other PvP-enthusiasts, who would love having this in TBC.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Feb 2017 15:04

I'm with Nephyx on this one. I understand the incentive but it's part of the vanilla flavour. Perhaps it should be kept as a reward to those who played during vanilla :)

Furthermore, it may seem like a slippery slope but if this passes, then the same arguments can be used when suggesting it to be kept through Wotlk.

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 06 Feb 2017 11:37

It seems that we're not too interested in having this in TBC, so you can move this to rejected. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE