[PW] Art of War 2/2 open to paladins instead of repentance

ludac

[PW] Art of War 2/2 open to paladins instead of repentance

#1 » Post by ludac » 02 Feb 2017 18:50

I was thinking would it be possible to open Art of war 2/2 to paladins and close of repentance.

this would not become a game breaking thing like if you opened up judgement of the wise (Gives replenishment)
all this would do is give ret paladins a dps increase.

Justicelight
Donor

Re: [PW] Art of War 2/2 open to paladins instead of repentance

#2 » Post by Justicelight » 02 Feb 2017 19:57

The Art of War talent is the core of retribution paladin surviving kit. It is way better to have it over repentance in pvp and pve.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Feb 2017 20:29

Hello,

I was shown some research done recently and it seems like people are mostly against the opening of further talents as of now. Furthermore, there are high changes that we'll be including the opening of the talent trees in a prepatch coming before the release of TBC. So right now in the current course I'd say the chances that we would be touching the talents other than during the preparations for the expansion transition are rather slim. Still, it's something that can be discussed regardless and we'll take into account what the community has to say about it :)

Regards

ludac

#4 » Post by ludac » 02 Feb 2017 22:18

any idea on the estimated date on pre patch?

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Feb 2017 22:26

We should have a write up on that really, really shortly but sometime between 1 or 2 months prior the TBC release.

Sylaces

#6 » Post by Sylaces » 02 Feb 2017 22:29

Nyeriah wrote:Hello,

I was shown some research done recently and it seems like people are mostly against the opening of further talents as of now. Furthermore, there are high changes that we'll be including the opening of the talent trees in a prepatch coming before the release of TBC. So right now in the current course I'd say the chances that we would be touching the talents other than during the preparations for the expansion transition are rather slim. Still, it's something that can be discussed regardless and we'll take into account what the community has to say about it :)

Regards
yo he didnt say to open new talents, just replace repetance with art of war, so that research is useless

ludac

#7 » Post by ludac » 03 Feb 2017 08:10

it would be a pretty good quality of life change for ret paladins, since repentance is rip if someone even looks at the cc'd mob funny.

Tirionfordri

#8 » Post by Tirionfordri » 03 Feb 2017 08:28

Just wait for pre-patch. Cause if we'll do it earlier then other classes will also ask for some improvements - it will be a huge not needed headache for developers.

Sylaces

#9 » Post by Sylaces » 05 Feb 2017 18:11

Tirionfordri wrote:Just wait for pre-patch. Cause if we'll do it earlier then other classes will also ask for some improvements - it will be a huge not needed headache for developers.
or we can simply let ppl choose, if u take art of war you cant take repetance, if u take improved slam you cant take mortal strike and so on

ludac

#10 » Post by ludac » 13 Feb 2017 21:30

Pre patch is probably like 3-4 months away depending on time it takes guilds to down 4hm / Saph/KT, I honestly think this small exchange of giving ret paladins the ability to spec into 2/2 art of war instead of repentance is pretty good. Also will you be able to spec into 41 point side talents in TBC ?

KohiiKaiju

#11 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 14 Feb 2017 02:05

ludac wrote:Pre patch is probably like 3-4 months away depending on time it takes guilds to down 4hm / Saph/KT, I honestly think this small exchange of giving ret paladins the ability to spec into 2/2 art of war instead of repentance is pretty good. Also will you be able to spec into 41 point side talents in TBC ?
Secifics have not been ironed out, but I beleive everyone is working under the idea that talent limitations will function as they did in Vanilla (i.e. Retribution will only allow Crusader Strike from that row and no others).

ludac

#12 » Post by ludac » 14 Feb 2017 05:03

you will probably run into similar problems as vanilla with certain spec's that really need those talents to preform on par with others that don't rely so heavily on talents.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Feb 2017 05:10

Players are stress testing specs to check their competitiveness and reporting back to us. We do intend to make as many classes reliably competitive in raids and PvP as we can, and to that we probably will be doing more changes other than just unlocking talents. I personally don't oppose to this suggestion, but then again other classes will also request tweaks I assume, even though paladins had the lower end through this phase of the progression.

Sylaces

#14 » Post by Sylaces » 15 Feb 2017 09:59

Nyeriah wrote:but then again other classes will also request tweaks I assume
they wont be in a position to request anything if every class gets to choose what their 31th talent is

Tirionfordri

#15 » Post by Tirionfordri » 02 Mar 2017 11:48

Sylaces wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:but then again other classes will also request tweaks I assume
they wont be in a position to request anything if every class gets to choose what their 31th talent is
Well, if its not a big deal to implement then sure - good suggestion ofc, but we need to hear the dev side on this question.