Transfer vote points ?

Relina

Re: Transfer vote points ?

#16 » Post by Relina » 01 Feb 2017 18:18

arash_brznd wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:
IMO instead of transferring vote points between game accounts a better solution would be to have vote points tied to the forum account thereby allowing all the game accounts that are linked to that forum account to have access to the vote points.

The downside though would be that this will limit the number of vote points players can gain in a day to 20 points per forum account, and might result in lowering our ranking on the tracking sites, since players wouldn't need vote across multiple game accounts.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Feb 2017 18:55

Relina wrote:
arash_brznd wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:
IMO instead of transferring vote points between game accounts a better solution would be to have vote points tied to the forum account thereby allowing all the game accounts that are linked to that forum account to have access to the vote points.

The downside though would be that this will limit the number of vote points players can gain in a day to 20 points per forum account, and might result in lowering our ranking on the tracking sites, since players wouldn't need vote across multiple game accounts.
That would indeed both limit the points people get and the votes the server receives a lot. I believe our system is in a very good place right now and it doesn't really need to change, we are in the middle term. It allows people to get votes in any account they want at every vote lockout while the server receives the votes and donations don't become trivial (we need them to keep running).

Eronox
MVP

#18 » Post by Eronox » 01 Feb 2017 19:29

Besides, Roel already cleared the issue up where you can just simply PM him for a votepoint-transfer :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Relina

#19 » Post by Relina » 01 Feb 2017 21:00

Eronox wrote:Besides, Roel already cleared the issue up where you can just simply PM him for a votepoint-transfer :P
Roel only does transfers to resolve issues with points gained from donating going to the wrong game account, not for points gained by voting which is what the OP was requesting before the thread got hijacked by a certain w0lf :P.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

arash_brznd

#20 » Post by arash_brznd » 02 Feb 2017 10:04

Limit the number of game accounts linked to one single forum account, say 3 or 5 ... simple solution ? so ppl won't be able to spam votes if you're worried about that.

It's really annoying that I, for instance, have 500+ VPs on an account which I no longer use.
Psychomancer
One thing I love about this game is how some people respect you on one character, and talk trash to you on another, without knowing both characters are you!

Almsivi
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 23:00

Not gonna happen, way too abusable, rejecting.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli