Hk ladder and hwl titles

majstorfanta

Hk ladder and hwl titles

#1 » Post by majstorfanta » 27 Jan 2017 00:26

Hello, one more suggestion of mine, hopefully I do not bore you ppl with these.

So anyway, as we all know we had many transfers coming to primalwow and they transfered all their HKs. Now I know they worked hard for their titles but I do not think it was as hard as one on primalwow had to work for his.
Quite a number of players are actively pvping as much as they can, sitting in queue for 10, 15, 30+ minutes for more than a year now just like me and I am only at 10k HK, remix for example is at 11k. So I would suggest to have their HKs brought back to 10k HKs so they can work towards their "primalwow " hwl title which would be legit.
They would not lose their hwl gear at all, only HK count so it should not be a problem for them as it does not hurt them in any way. Hopefully they will see it as a challenge to get that title and queue for bgs which is the main goal of this suggestion, boosting pvp activity.

I would like to hear from 1:1 transfer ppl if they would mind and also form devs if this is possible to implement even since it does not seem easy

Cheers
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Gnurg

Re: Hk ladder and hwl titles

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Jan 2017 00:44

Rather give the PvP-rank titles in TBC too, so whoever lost out on them, gets a chance there as well. With the old values, it could still be quite challenging.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

majstorfanta

#3 » Post by majstorfanta » 27 Jan 2017 01:09

I dont know, the point in obtaining them is to show that you were there for vanilla phase and worked hard to get it and evidence how hard it was will be in its rarity, tho not with transfers getting them too easy. It will lose its charm.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Remix
Donor

#4 » Post by Remix » 27 Jan 2017 03:01

I agree with Jack!!!

Sylaces

#5 » Post by Sylaces » 28 Jan 2017 07:57

majstorfanta wrote:I dont know, the point in obtaining them is to show that you were there for vanilla phase and worked hard to get it and evidence how hard it was will be in its rarity, tho not with transfers getting them too easy. It will lose its charm.
no, go find something else to make you feel like a special snowflake, leave pvp titles alone

gettings HKs is not fking hard at all, there's no even rank/title decay ffs

majstorfanta

#6 » Post by majstorfanta » 28 Jan 2017 15:54

Sylaces wrote:no, go find something else to make you feel like a special snowflake
Ouch :/

EDIT : I would rather have it like they had on feenix with low decay and get r14 in 13 weeks which is a lot easier than what we have here on primal where I farmed for a year for 10k HK. I doubt you can relate if you did not do pvp since the start of 2016 when pop dropped to stagnant 200 at peaks. Also I doubt that on rebirth they had retail decay and so on.. I d like to hear from them
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Remix
Donor

#7 » Post by Remix » 01 Feb 2017 07:43

BUMP!!!!

majstorfanta

#8 » Post by majstorfanta » 01 Feb 2017 10:48

Also friend of mine that transfered here got his hwl items on feenix and has more than 30k HK, full preaq40 bis and all that in 32 days played, while I have 56 days played and only on 2/3 of my way to hwl. As it is, pvp titles can be removed since one is much more likely to get it by leveling from scratch on vanilla x1 server and then playing pvp to get 15k hk and transfer here than playing here from lvl 1 and then farm up to 15k HK in 5 months. The second scenario is imposible
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

MerelyASetback
Donor

#9 » Post by MerelyASetback » 01 Feb 2017 12:12

Some more thought should have gone into this before just blindly transferring hk-counts. The Primal pvp-scene (or what's left of it) just got spit in the face. The ladder is ruined forever now (or at least for the next few years if there's a decent population). Primal's rank 1 and 2 got bumped down to 18 and 20. People that actively queued and pvped on Primal for a long time lost 20-30 ranks on the ladder.

You should have either scaled their hk-count with the existing number one on primal.
e.g. you come for server x with 20k hks while the top one there had 30k you would get 11918 hks here.
(it might be better to look into other distributions or ways to scale than just a linear top/top one).

Another way to not screw primal players over is to take the transfers title, put them a rank down and give them half of the hks needed to progress to the next title.
e.g. you come for server y with gm/hwl and here you get 13750 hks. This would require the person to queue to get his gm/hwl on primal, increasing pvp activity. No characters were deleted, so they didn't lose their gm/hwl on their previous server so there should be no reason to just give them those ranks for free here.

"But it's unfair to new transfers."
It's not unfair to new transfers, no characters were deleted. It is unfair to the Primal players themselves. Primal players have been trying to farm and collect grains in the middle of the desert, while the transfers collected theirs in the Nile Delta. The amount of work is not comparable.

Also just blindly transferring gear over that needs arena rating here is retarded but that's another discussion...

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Feb 2017 12:48

The same thing kind of happened on the TrueWoW realm. People transferred better-geared characters, typically with the at the time rare Wrathful Shoulders. Some with every achievement unlocked, but when invited to the raid, underperform and being completely clueless. It's a shame to see it happen again, now on PrimalWoW.

Since the TrueWoW staff have already promised these players a 1 to 1 transfer, I don't think it would be reasonable to reduce their HK-count. You can, however, alter how the PvP-titles are distributed and basically not allow transfer to get them in the Vanilla phase. I did mention bringing those PvP-titles into TBC (with the old values, i.e. 50 000 HKs for the last title), which would make it possible for these players (and the ones who don't have it yet, to obtain it). It would as well encourage people to queue up for PvP in TBC, when the classes (hopefully) become a bit more balanced.

When TBC hits, update the requirement for each title to the old values and remove the titles from the transferred players. Next time they log in, they get the titles they've earned for their current HK-count.

I can as well try to look into cross-faction PvP for PrimalWoW, but I can't really promise anything.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Floss

#11 » Post by Floss » 01 Feb 2017 21:38

Tbh I don't play on PW but you can't Reduce People's HKs man ..
They've worked hard for it ,maybe not as hard as you but still every kill counts.

You can however do something about PvP titles (should be looked at carefully though).

Remix
Donor

#12 » Post by Remix » 02 Feb 2017 05:05

If you transfer that shouldn't matter. Should be happy to just be here. You have enough time to farm (lets say put all transfers at 10k honorable kills, if your above it) 5k honor to get back to your HWL title. Over half the ppl that transferred hasn't even been in bgs last afew weeks. Just not fair for the rest of the ppl that's still working on it.

jgun17

#13 » Post by jgun17 » 04 Feb 2017 22:10

Totally agree, HKs should not transfer. It is not fair to those who earned them on PrimalWoW not some other 1.12 server with instant queues. I hope the Devs would conisder taking away transfers HKs if not I'll keep shitting on these Warlords ^_^ Since the PVP gear change (2 days ago), I have already received 1/3 of my total HK's (people are actually queuing)! Thumbs up Devs, brilliant!
Subtlety

Almsivi
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 23:00

No longer relevant, rejecting
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli