Dungeon scaling?

Botmaster5
Donor

Dungeon scaling?

#1 » Post by Botmaster5 » 20 Jan 2017 15:29

Would the implementation of dungeon scaling be possible when queuing for 5-mans?

For example, 'Normal' being how it is right now (no healing nerf) and 'Heroic' (raid scaling HP/Damage/Healing nerf)

Rewards: 'Normal' currently implemented bag/gold, 'Heroic' ??????
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Nyeriah

Re: Dungeon scaling?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Jan 2017 15:36

Possible? Yes, anything can be done in that regard, just check this thing I came up with when playing around:

[youtube]cPfk2_QZVao[/youtube]

(it was mostly done for fun, but as you can see, yeah, things can be scalled up).

But the question is, is it something people would want? It's not blizzlike at all.

Botmaster5
Donor

#3 » Post by Botmaster5 » 20 Jan 2017 16:22

Nyeriah wrote:But the question is, is it something people would want? It's not blizzlike at all.
True, just an idea as more of an option high geared characters can do for fun. Especially if 'Heroic' scaled all the lower level dungeons to lvl 60+, with lvl 62 and 63 bosses. I would really like to see what a lvl 60 version of SM would be like.

Maybe a special cosmetic thing (tabard, OH frill, unique pet) or title for completing all vanilla 5 mans on 'Heroic'

Something like that? I dunno... just an idea.
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

WTFBoomkin

#4 » Post by WTFBoomkin » 20 Jan 2017 17:06

I like this idea. The mob HPs are where they ought to be, but pump up the SP and AP on them and make healing, spells, and abilities double the cost.

Almsivi
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 22:58

No longer relevant, rejecting
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli