[REJECTED] Enable Auction House Bot.

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: AH BOT?

#16 » Post by Doctor_J » 24 Dec 2016 19:04

Have no problem with ah bots selling common/uncommon trade materials and even some epic mats like enchanting items but when ah bot was enabled on Truewow before the AH bot also flooded ah with some mats which should be much rarer like elementium ore and sulphoron ingots as two examples of things which ah bot was flooding ah with before and selling for next to nothing too

Gadoschi
Donor

#17 » Post by Gadoschi » 01 Feb 2017 13:05

Since the population has become low, and virtually 80% of the server are lvl 80 characters, we really need this feature back.

Definitely a +1 from me.

In particular, because the AH is completely void of profession materials, and as a result (in conjunction with lazy players) profession products as well (I haven't seen a single flask - not even a low lvl one - for days now).

Also, the ammount of available herb spots and veins seems lower than on any other server I've played (also blizzlike). Is this by design or?

Perhaps the bot should offer rare/epic materials periodically instead of regularly, something similar to what Blizzard has implemented with The Black Market items, and/or offer materials at lower starting bid prices in order to enable competition for those items.

And finally, a question for all of you - there is a lot of players with bot-like names. How do you diferentiate a player from a bot while it's active?
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Teal Deer

#18 » Post by Teal Deer » 09 Mar 2017 13:36

Botmaster5
Donor

#19 » Post by Botmaster5 » 09 Mar 2017 17:28

Could something like this be implemented on PW? mainly for gear levels 5-55? No epics, no lvl 60 enchanting mats. mainly to focus fleshing out the AH for people leveling. one of the gripes that is brought up on /r/wowservers is that lower pop projects have very empty AHs.
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Ancestor

#20 » Post by Ancestor » 09 Mar 2017 20:03

Dont put it yet on pw...

ComradeBork

#21 » Post by ComradeBork » 18 Mar 2017 14:30

I'm not sure what an AH bot is but it sounds like something that generates items and sells them so that's a -1 from me.

It'd (on the surface) be nice if the deposit rates were cheaper or we could post longer (is that even possible?) as I just can't figure out what things are worth to people. I think a trading subforum would be useful for low pops. That way people could advertise buy requests. We can still have people post on the AH for the trades to stimulate the economy (especially for players who don't read the forums), but at least new players like me will be posting things to the AH because they won't be worrying so much about losing some of their precious silver.

The issue is both in people buying and selling items, people want to buy items that others don't have, people have items to sell but don't know what people want to buy.

I know my group gathered around 10-15 stacks of linen, a bunch of low level greens, herbs, and copper bars. We tried selling the linen stacks for 1g and 50s on different days. Only sold the 50s stack. We tried selling a green for 35s or something (in hindsight, probably too much). Didn't sell, we considered trying 15s, but would rather just have someone with enchanting than wait and see again. I think we looked at the herbs and peaceblooms were selling at 1g ea or something, we all had a good laugh and wondered if anyone was actually buying at that rate (doubt it, but idk). So we crafted all the linen mostly with tailoring, disenchanted or equipped the greens, turned all the herbs into potions, and turned all the bars into awesome armour for my pally.

Realistically the mats probably aren't being wasted or anything, the AH is just a bit boring while the population is low. I'd personally form guilds and pool resources to counteract the effects, not change the game in (IMO) a pretty large way. Which on that (off)topic, 10 signatures is pretty damn hard to get with this pop.
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

Ancestor

#22 » Post by Ancestor » 18 Mar 2017 16:50

ComradeBork wrote:
18 Mar 2017 14:30
Which on that (off)topic, 10 signatures is pretty damn hard to get with this pop.
i can sell u some sigs

IronSharona
Former Staff

#23 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Mar 2017 17:19

ComradeBork wrote:
It'd (on the surface) be nice if the deposit rates were cheaper or we could post longer (is that even possible?)

Deposit rates are only 10% of the displayed prices.
You can select a dropdown on the bottom of the create auction menu to increase to up to 48 hours. The deposit will increase accordingly, however.

ComradeBork wrote:
I know my group gathered around 10-15 stacks of linen, a bunch of low level greens, herbs, and copper bars. We tried selling the linen stacks for 1g and 50s on different days. Only sold the 50s stack. We tried selling a green for 35s or something (in hindsight, probably too much). Didn't sell, we considered trying 15s, but would rather just have someone with enchanting than wait and see again. I think we looked at the herbs and peaceblooms were selling at 1g ea or something, we all had a good laugh and wondered if anyone was actually buying at that rate (doubt it, but idk). So we crafted all the linen mostly with tailoring, disenchanted or equipped the greens, turned all the herbs into potions, and turned all the bars into awesome armour for my pally.

Linen cloth on Primal is generally going about 25-50s for a stack of 20. That's what I've personally seen lately, at least, not sure about TrueWoW prices. Greens tend to expire a lot because a lot of the levelers on Primal are doing Ironman and can't use them and many others leveled elsewhere and transferred in. It's easy to accidentally put up an auction for a full stack and think you said 1g for a stack, but you had 1g for each selected. Many times those are a mistake and cycle out in the average 24 hr posting and get corrected for the rehash when unsold.

ComradeBork wrote:
10 signatures is pretty damn hard to get with this pop.

It really isn't that bad. Anyone who has multiple accounts can sign their own charters. Most people I know who play here actively have 3+ accounts so they really only need to find 3 other people to get a full charter. Just ask around and see if anyone has an un-guilded alt collection.

Back on topic: the point is to have a scripted bot that generates items that aren't being posted by users because they either drop so rarely that everyone needs them and nobody has gotten an extra (world drop recipes especially fall into this category) or for materials that people aren't actively farming due to personal schedules or lack of buyer interest. It's a toss up, just like the real world economy, but the low population isn't supporting the recycling of lower level mats or duplicate items. That's why a bot is being suggested.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

ComradeBork

#24 » Post by ComradeBork » 18 Mar 2017 18:22

IronSharona wrote:
18 Mar 2017 17:19
Deposit rates are only 10% of the displayed prices.
You can select a dropdown on the bottom of the create auction menu to increase to up to 48 hours. The deposit will increase accordingly, however.
10% is a lot IMO, especially when starting out. I know my Auctioneer addon calculates the deposit rates as lower than TW has calculated (wish I could tweak it...). But anyways...
IronSharona wrote:
ComradeBork wrote:
10 signatures is pretty damn hard to get with this pop.
It really isn't that bad. Anyone who has multiple accounts can sign their own charters. Most people I know who play here actively have 3+ accounts so they really only need to find 3 other people to get a full charter. Just ask around and see if anyone has an un-guilded alt collection.
Ah, I figured that was against the spirit of the signatures so I figured "Why have them at all" if people are allowed to do that. I might just do that then.

IronSharona wrote:
Back on topic: the point is to have a scripted bot that generates items that aren't being posted by users because they either drop so rarely that everyone needs them and nobody has gotten an extra (world drop recipes especially fall into this category) or for materials that people aren't actively farming due to personal schedules or lack of buyer interest. It's a toss up, just like the real world economy, but the low population isn't supporting the recycling of lower level mats or duplicate items. That's why a bot is being suggested.
From what I've seen there's no trade channel, and no trading subforum. I don't know the late-game super well but I feel players could be farming, but instead I just see everyone calling eachother lazy. I think jumping right into generating items and posting them, instead of trying something less drastic is insane. About the super duper rare things, that seems like a different topic, isn't it?

On that note I can't even join "Trade", I can't imagine that's helping anything.

Edit:

I'd still be against the idea of an AH bot but the only way I can see it being fair is if it sold items for certain determined rates more than players would ever sell them for, even during a shortage. That way people can pay a premium, or get it themselves.
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

Relina

#25 » Post by Relina » 13 Aug 2017 20:48

We really could use one now on TW realm...
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#26 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 14 Aug 2017 03:12

I don't know how I managed to sell a stack of copper ore for 100g a few years back, but I did, it was an accident, and the 100 gold was really helpful for my new toon.... to the guy who unwittingly spent 100g... sorry, but thanks...
RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

Nymesis
Donor

Economy stimulation for AH

#27 » Post by Nymesis » 15 Apr 2018 08:50

A suggestion to help stimulate the economy on the AH while we try to ride out the current ebb in population on the server:

Setup a system that posts the common necessities on AH so things are available to anyone who needs them at fair market prices.

You would need to have someone who is familiar with the normal economics of the server to ensure the prices were indeed fair and reasonable, without getting too inflated (which makes it pointless) and also not being too cheap so it doesn't hurt the current market either.

This certainly wouldn't need to include everything under the sun that could possibly be posted for sale - just common things that players (especially any new players trying to get started here) are currently struggling to have access to via the AH like bags, glyphs, enchants, potions, food (both prepared and not), herbs, skins, ore/bars, gems, enchanting mats - perhaps also the green armor sets in varying class types and level ranges.

No I'm not suggesting you post the best of the best - just have the system cover basic tradeskill materials and other base necessities. If the person in charge of the project has a good working knowledge of normal pricing, it shouldn't be too hard to make sure the economy stays even.

Also possibly set it up so that if a player has posted the same items, the AH bot would remove its own until the players items either sell, or their auction has ended - assuming its possible to get a sweep detection in like that.

My old server did something very similar to this for the first year after it launched to help get the economy going - it was beneficial in a lot of ways and really helped kick things off for them - I think it could help us out a lot here.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Justicelight
Donor

Re: Economy stimulation for AH

#28 » Post by Justicelight » 15 Apr 2018 08:55

Good suggestion tbh. We had AH bot running years ago, if the aditional features you want implemented are too much ofa challenge or time consuming for the staff, I`m all up for only implementing the classic AH bot.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Economy stimulation for AH

#29 » Post by Doctor_J » 15 Apr 2018 11:45

Previous incarnation of ah bot was a joke, rare items from mc and bwl and for next to nothing too.

If implemented should only be for certain mats which players may need a lot of to level a profession and farming alone may take a long long time eg cloth, leather, metal bars, etc

Nymesis
Donor

Re: [Pending] Enable Auction House Bot

#30 » Post by Nymesis » 19 Apr 2018 03:08

Currently we do occasionally have new players trying out the server, and/or new recruits from current members - these people are quite discouraged from continuing to play on our server when they are then faced with an empty AH - its bad enough they have a hard time finding other players to do things with. I farm and post what I can to help out with this, but even if I had unlimited play time - I can't be the sole provider for AH mats, thats impossible. Not to mention, I'd like to get some work done on my own characters, not just farm mats I don't need to sell for more gold I don't really need either.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”