[PW] Cross-faction battlegrounds

Gnurg

[PW] Cross-faction battlegrounds

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Dec 2016 15:26

Just FYI, this is a PRIMALWOW suggestion.

Nyeriah did write in the Developer Q/A section that there exist patches for Cross-Faction battlegrounds. Some of them had some issues, but according to her, they were most related to the high-end battlegrounds like Strand of the Ancient, Isle of Conquest and Battle for Wintergrasp. We don't have any of those yet released, so the biggest issues won't be there, though it would still need to be implemented.

Before we should consider looking at implementation, there should be some feedback to whenever or not, the Primal players would like cross-faction battlegrounds. You have already been using cross-faction grouping and chat, and to me, it appears that everyone gets along well with it.
  • More battlegrounds :tick:
  • Larger battlegrounds (team sizes) :tick:
  • More players queueing for battlegrounds (if they see people in bgs, they queue up themselves, domino effect) :tick:
  • Faster battleground queue :tick:
  • Not Blizz-like :cross:
  • Some people want to stay true to the Alliance vs Horde setting :cross:
  • Could be complicated to implement :cross:
  • Once implemented, it could be a possibility for TrueWoW and other realms in the future, should they feel like going for that approach :tick:
I don't know the state of these patches, but lets assume certain off-side gimmicks (i.e. achievements, reputation) don't work (while the battlegrounds fully work). Would you still be in favour of a cross-faction approach? This is by the way, just an assumption from me without having looked into these patches.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: [PW] Cross-faction battlegrounds

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Dec 2016 15:42

This suggestion has no point, Kurthos and others have already suggested it long ago and it has been approved already. As I said, I'm working on it and making the patch less crappy so it can be better maintained in the long run.

KohiiKaiju

#3 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 12 Dec 2016 15:47

See previous conversation:
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... bg#p371868

PW noob :p

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Dec 2016 16:03

Thanks for the link, there are several other threads around too

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Dec 2016 16:13

Nyeriah wrote:This suggestion has no point, Kurthos and others have already suggested it long ago and it has been approved already. As I said, I'm working on it and making the patch less crappy so it can be better maintained in the long run.
My bad. I suppose you should move that thread to pending then?

Move this one to rejected, because of duplicate.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE