Put faction mounts (skill 75) into the shop

necropola
Donor

Put faction mounts (skill 75) into the shop

#1 » Post by necropola » 22 Nov 2016 00:53

I would really love to purchase a Raptor Mount for my Tauren at level 40, but it seems the only mounts that are available for purchase (at riding skill 75) are the Spectral Tiger, the Battle Bear and the Turtle.
I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. I am the Borg

Gnurg

Re: Put faction mounts (skill 75) into the shop

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 22 Nov 2016 00:59

Can't you buy the faction mounts in-game?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

necropola
Donor

#3 » Post by necropola » 22 Nov 2016 04:08

Gnurg wrote:Can't you buy the faction mounts in-game?
Well, if you have enough (exalted) Darkspear Troll reputation at level 40, you can (as a Non-Troll Horde char) ...
Last edited by necropola on 19 Dec 2016 17:56, edited 2 times in total.

Deim

#4 » Post by Deim » 22 Nov 2016 05:37

The fact that you had grind rep to exalted to buy certain faction's mount has always been a part of game, (no clue how it was after wrath never realy bothered with mounts that weren unique like bone raptor or shiny things like celestial)
The voteshop contains only things that you cannot obtain in-game by normal means and it should stay so.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 22 Nov 2016 11:02

Do all the quest in each starting zone, they yield lots of rep and shouldn't take more than an hour to clear a zone.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

necropola
Donor

#6 » Post by necropola » 22 Nov 2016 12:14

Gnurg wrote:Do all the quest in each starting zone, they yield lots of rep and shouldn't take more than an hour to clear a zone.
Yeah, I have done this before on retail, to get my Draenei Shaman a Nightelf Saber mount. It's quite a bit of work, though. The mount is purely cosmetic (no Pay2Win), so I think it would be no problem to have it in the shop.
Last edited by necropola on 19 Dec 2016 17:56, edited 3 times in total.

necropola
Donor

#7 » Post by necropola » 22 Nov 2016 12:19

Deim wrote:The fact that you had grind rep to exalted to buy certain faction's mount has always been a part of game, (no clue how it was after wrath never realy bothered with mounts that weren unique like bone raptor or shiny things like celestial)
The voteshop contains only things that you cannot obtain in-game by normal means and it should stay so.
Is this true for the level 60 mounts, i. e. do you get the item to exchange the mount or the actual mount?
Last edited by necropola on 19 Dec 2016 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Deim

#8 » Post by Deim » 22 Nov 2016 14:47

To get 75 skill (60% speed) or 150 (100% speed) mount you need either:
-buy mount unique for your race.
-Be exalted with race that is in your faction (faction meaning Alliance or Horde, race = Orcs, Humans etc.)
-Get special black 100% pvp reward mount for 40k Honour Points.
-Buy non faction specific mount in vote shop (non obtainable in game)
-Buy faction specific mount in vote shop for your faction that was no longer obtainable via mount vendor.
Note: each mount is sold as BoP item, that is consumed upon use.
Noten2: when buying from voteshop you get mount mailed to selected character
Cannot put it any simplier. Hope this explains everything.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Nov 2016 15:18

No, having to grind rep is part of the game as already said if people could just buy reputation mounts from shop people would not bother grinding those reps

If you want a raptor mount you have to choose either grind the required rep which is required to purchase it or make a troll character as you either need to be a member of that race or be exalted with them in order to purchase mount.

It is possible to get exhalted at your level as already said you can do starter quests for your own faction and also remember you can do other most starter quests for other races of your faction and even though it does not say so you will receive a portion equivalent to 25% of rep gain to all other horde city factions. Also quests in certain other zones ie the Hinterlands will also give darkspear rep.

And then theres the option of turning in rune cloth but you will need a lot to get to exalted using this method.

Brennus

#10 » Post by Brennus » 23 Nov 2016 03:35

Grinding reputation through quests in starting areas are easy and you could also donate cloth to get even more reputation.

In my opinion, it is too easy currently to get Ambassador title already. My druid got it before level 40, and my mage, at (around) level 28.

Sorry, but -1 from me.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Nymunne
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Nov 2016 11:17

Easy rep farming in the low level starting zones, doesn't take that much time.

necropola
Donor

#12 » Post by necropola » 23 Nov 2016 18:41

At 3263/21000 after doing the starting areas including Silverpine Forest and Barrens. I'm on Primal, so no easy reputation from the Bloodelfs. It seems that mindless/boring faction reputation grind is considered required on Primal, so I have to accept this.
Last edited by necropola on 19 Dec 2016 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Brennus

#13 » Post by Brennus » 23 Nov 2016 21:49

necropola wrote:... starting areas including Silverpine Forest and Barrens.
Actually, with starting areas, I meant the areas where players spawn.
If you want reputation with Undercity, for example, go to Deathknell and start questing there. Those quests will lead you to other quests in the rest of Tirisfal and eventually to Silverpine and Hillsbrad Foothills.

The same with Orcs and Trolls. Go to Valley of Trials and do level 1 quests there. Try to do everything you can in Durotar (and Mulgore for Thunder Bluff Rep) before going to the Barrens.

Actually, it is kind of boring (specially if you still have no mount), but it won't take long until you are exalted with Orgrimmar and Undercity.

The only real issue are with Trolls and Gnomes (as the kind of lack a starting area of their own to get Rep from).
The trick here is donating cloth to those to get Exalted quickly. Farm some low level dungeons and you will get enough cloth in no time.

I know this is not what you were looking for, but still, it is easy and (depending on your current level) fast.
Good luck.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 23 Nov 2016 22:47

Actually, most of quests share rep with other towns like for example you do one quest in Feralas and you get 500 for TB and 250 for other towns. So l suggest if you done all quests in area for rep that you want, start doing other towns starting areas and you should end exalted.

necropola
Donor

#15 » Post by necropola » 23 Nov 2016 23:01

Brennus wrote:
necropola wrote:... starting areas including Silverpine Forest and Barrens.
Actually, with starting areas, I meant the areas where players spawn.
I know this is not what you were looking for, but still, it is easy and (depending on your current level) fast.
Good luck.
Thanks for all the advice. Though I know all that already.
I said including Silverpine Forest and Barrens to indicate that I not only did Deathknell and Valley of Trials. In fact by now I have done pretty much every quest in Mulgore, Durotar, Barrens, 1k Needles, Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills ... and I'm at 4565 / 21000. I think Desolace and Feralas will also give a bit of reputation and of course a huge chunk from the Trolls in Hinterlands.

Though, when reaching Fearals and Hinterlands I'm already above 40 ... anyway, I'm getting there. Actually my guess is, that I will be exalted when reaching level 45 by just leveling normally from now (level 33) on.
No idea, how you can reach exalted at level 28, unless it's on TrueWoW with reputation from Bloodelfs or Draenei.

P. S.: This is all on a druid (Travel Form at 30). Otherwise it would be really annoying.
Last edited by necropola on 19 Dec 2016 17:57, edited 1 time in total.