Release Draenei and Blood Elves Early

Glonz

Re: Release Draenei and Blood Elves Early

#16 » Post by Glonz » 22 Nov 2016 16:35

Applying the pre-patch at the start of the new year is completely nonsensical when Naxx is not even fully released at that point in time.

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Nov 2016 17:11

Glonz wrote:Applying the pre-patch at the start of the new year is completely nonsensical when Naxx is not even fully released at that point in time.
When you think of the essence of what this suggestion is (releasing blood elves and draenei) it isn't. The "pre-patch" idea is a clutter of things that people suggested later on from linking one thing to another. There was no reason to not have them released from the beginning either, other than the fact it was demanded by the community as it felt immersion-breaking.

Glonz

#18 » Post by Glonz » 22 Nov 2016 18:23

Still would be better to pack it together into a pre-patch, allowing people to make decisions before next expansion hits, etc.

Arturo

#19 » Post by Arturo » 23 Nov 2016 03:10

Nyeriah wrote:I think 2 months is too much for such thing (because if we are going to be arbitrary about it then there's no reason not to release them by the new year or so, but that's just my opinion).
Actually now that you mention it, I would love to see Belfs and Draenei begining the new year. For one it would give ample time to level up a few draenei and belf alts and raid with them. Unlocking the 40 point tier of talents would make certain classes like Retribution much more usable because of Art of War and Judgements of the Wise. We would have a ton of hype in preparation for TBC which could be branded a prepatch, and i bet more people would start coming back as a result. It would also balance out the factions because belfs are the most popular horde race and it would be more feasible to remove cross faction. Though i have to admit i love cross faction raiding and stuff. I've grown to actually enjoy it, it would be sad to see it go because it is pretty damn convenient.

I absolutely love the way this suggestion is starting to turn out lol!! Its pretty exciting.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

kronic

#20 » Post by kronic » 23 Nov 2016 10:42

I'm for this but only with tight restrictions. People trying to sneak extras into this thread can go start another.

1) Allow BE and Draenei at character creation. No race changing until TBC.
2) Only the 2 starting zones are unlocked for anyone to travel to and quest in. Raids remain locked (like Zul Aman :P) Boat to Draenei island enabled. Portal to SIlvermoon/Exodar spells learnable by mages.
3) No talents are unlocked
4) No professions are unlocked
5) Maximum of 4 weeks before TBC release date.
6) We test this on PTR to make sure no vendors/trainers in new zones are offering something they shouldn't.
7) The amount of work doesn't take away from ensuring a smooth TBC release, dungeons, heroics, 10/25 raids all take priority.

Skembic

#21 » Post by Skembic » 23 Nov 2016 11:47

As everyone said already, if this is going to happen sadly, atleast put it max 1 month before TBC, i don't want to see Belfs or Draenei running arround for half a year. I still find that "to make myself familiar with it" stupid reason. All of us already played all those classes way before this and i like this "almost" vanilla experience. Keep that in mind that you have people who like it that way too.

Tirionfordri

#22 » Post by Tirionfordri » 23 Nov 2016 13:00

Why No talents are unlocked? Its a good way to evaluate classes, talents always unlock in a pre-patch - whats wrong with it?

Deim

#23 » Post by Deim » 23 Nov 2016 14:25

kronic wrote:I'm for this but only with tight restrictions. People trying to sneak extras into this thread can go start another.

2) Only the 2 starting zones are unlocked for anyone to travel to and quest in. Raids remain locked (like Zul Aman :P) Boat to Draenei island enabled. Portal to SIlvermoon/Exodar spells learnable by mages.
6) We test this on PTR to make sure no vendors/trainers in new zones are offering something they shouldn't.
7) The amount of work doesn't take away from ensuring a smooth TBC release, dungeons, heroics, 10/25 raids all take priority.
^ this +1
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

VanillaPVE

#24 » Post by VanillaPVE » 23 Nov 2016 14:58

kronic wrote:I'm for this but only with tight restrictions. People trying to sneak extras into this thread can go start another.

^+1 I can agree this. But my biggest thing with all of those is #7. "The amount of work doesn't take away from ensuring a smooth TBC release, dungeons, heroics, 10/25 raids all take priority."

thelordcal

#25 » Post by thelordcal » 23 Nov 2016 16:41

If you're going to open up the new races, why not just allow the race/faction changes too? Some of us rolled those toons with the intent of the change. Might as well get it out of the way now...

olabola

#26 » Post by olabola » 26 Nov 2016 00:52

After reconsidering this proposal I think it is better to vote nay.

Release blood elfs and draenei when tbc launches, it will ensure that alot of people level their characters at the same time.
Also release JC at the same time.

However, a 1 or more month(s) early release of new talents should be implemented.
Last edited by olabola on 30 Jan 2017 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Fárlight

#27 » Post by Fárlight » 12 Dec 2016 22:57

this should be a gift for the long players that plays on PrimalWoW as for thanks for playing on this server with this population.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

flosr1
Donor

#28 » Post by flosr1 » 03 Jan 2017 00:42

1) draenei and bloodelves: while 1 month should be enough to get to lvl 60, it might not be possible for people who can't be online every day. 2 months should be enough. So i vote for 2 months.

2) prepatch and talents: i don't see why this would be an issue. there have been pre patches like this in blizzard aswell, so this would only be "blizzlike". most people will have seen the content at that point, so some will probably not even raid that much anymore. so it doesn't really matter if we have a few overpowered talents 2 months before tbc release.

3) jewelcrafting: personally, i want to make one of my alts JC with the release of TBC and i already collected all the recipes except world drops and the drops from 60 dungeons (which are BOP for JC). I would apreciate being able to start directly from 300 when tbc release. it would be stupid, having to waste some hours or days to lvl up to 300 first before i can start questing/leveling in TBC. i think this will be the case for many other people aswell, especially if they want to get it for their mainchar. It would not give us any big advantage, just a few shitty rings and trinkets.#

update: i am going to sneak whatever topics i like into this thread. also, the JC and prepatch are kinda part of the Draenei and BE topic, since all of those are part of the TBC release. why would i increase spam and open 2 other topics, when i just can write it here, because it is part of the same thing (tbc release)
Last edited by flosr1 on 03 Jan 2017 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Eronox
MVP

#29 » Post by Eronox » 03 Jan 2017 00:45

Nyeriah wrote:There are ways. Personally, I wouldn't mind releasing the new races few weeks or a month before TBC releases.
With the future feature providing a potential base-character earned from having a max leveled char on the opposite realm, this could be very beneficial for us BE lovers :D :tick:

OT: +1 :tick:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

olabola

#30 » Post by olabola » 09 Jan 2017 21:47

I think this would be a excellent idea for now. Especially since the pop took a hit after nost re release + vks downscaled member list --> more people with less to do, have em level new races, get ready for tbc.

Do not allow race change however, not until tbc launch is official!