Release Draenei and Blood Elves Early

Arturo

Release Draenei and Blood Elves Early

#1 » Post by Arturo » 19 Nov 2016 23:38

Just a quick suggestion since its soon going to be about 6 months till TBC gets released.

I would like to see Draeneis and Belfs release early for numerous reasons.

1) I don't want to start all over again, from level 1 when TBC gets released, with a Draenei or Belf. When tbc content is enabled i no longer want to be doing vanilla quests i want to go straight to Outland. I'd like to have some play time with them to at least have them at lvl 60 with an epic mount ready to go when the portal to Outland opens.

2) I don't want a race change. I like keeping my chars as they are, i don't name change or race change. If i want to play another race I'll roll a brand new char of said race to play that content.

3) I know folks are going to start with the "Muh Vanilla Blizzlike Immersion" argument, and i just want to say, no this isn't vanilla, this is WOTLK, were just playing vanilla content in the mean time. If this was vanilla you wouldn't see draenei or belf NPCs or even take quests from them.

I simply want to be able to take my chars straight to Outland without having to go through the hassle of leveling to 60 (or 58) again while Outland content is available. And for those of us who work daily and only play a few hours a week when we are free, a month or two might not be enough time to level when you also have other chars you're also raiding with and have other chars you're working on and specially now that low lvl rdfs are rare. So an extended period where those 2 races are released early will get us up to speed once TBC content is released. I also want to keep my current characters as they are and don't want to race change them when I've gone through all this time with them as they are. Thanks for reading.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: Release Draenei and Blood Elves Early

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Nov 2016 11:07

This was brought up before. You cannot have a bloodelf/draenei without having the Burning crusade expansion and areas that it has to offer available?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Nov 2016 11:50

There are ways. Personally, I wouldn't mind releasing the new races few weeks or a month before TBC releases.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#4 » Post by MerelyASetback » 20 Nov 2016 12:37

You could do it during a 'pre-patch'.

In the last few weeks of vanilla, just lock characters to level 60, disable the dark portal and lock the tbc dungeons (like BRD Upper City was). (I'm not really certain about the profession(s), whether it's needed or not, since post-300 training is only in Outlands?, and JC being pretty meh + a head start into tbc JC leveling is nice.)

I'd love to see the tbc unlocked talent trees as well during this short period (2 extra tiers available) to spice things up a little bit and give some insight into the future of talent specs in tbc).

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Nov 2016 12:39

The only way to TBC content is through the Black Portal and the instances found through Azeroth. I believe all Azeroth instances do require a higher level than 60, so that's already covered by the level restriction. If you could disable the Black Portal without the overall restriction, it should be fine. :-)

I would only release draeneis and blood elves a month ahead of the expansion, after all, they shouldn't be in Vanilla.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Skembic

#6 » Post by Skembic » 20 Nov 2016 13:13

Just don't.

Arturo

#7 » Post by Arturo » 21 Nov 2016 03:00

I think 2 months would be ideal if they are released kinda like a prepatch as MerelyASetback said. That gives ample time to level and farm professions. I'm sure all that could be done in less but keep in mind not all of us have that much time in our hands. Just releasing draeneis and belfs in their starting zones 2 months in advance and keeping the portal disabled and enabling it when its all ready to go is my request. And tbc dungeons are already disabled anyways. Or is there no way to disable the portal without also disabling the starter zones for those 2 races?

TBC Professions and 40point tier talents aren't part of my request but i guess if enough people do request them as well why not. Talents should give us an insight as to how they might play out in the tbc phase and should get people ready with their builds, but i dont expect everyone to start respeccing since most of the ones we currently use at 60 are already tried and true. Level cap should stay at 60 tho, until the portal is open.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

majstorfanta

#8 » Post by majstorfanta » 21 Nov 2016 12:40

TBC prepatch would be really nice with 2 new tiers released.
+1
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

oooooooooolde
Donor

#9 » Post by oooooooooolde » 21 Nov 2016 13:16

Im all for belfs and draenai

Suggest 2 months prior aswell

+1

Tirionfordri

#10 » Post by Tirionfordri » 21 Nov 2016 14:00

+1 for prepatch , new talents hype!

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 21 Nov 2016 14:47

Tirionfordri wrote:+1 for prepatch , new talents hype!
+1 41pt talents
-1 Belf Tirionfordri
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Deim

#12 » Post by Deim » 21 Nov 2016 15:35

+1 that might fill the gap between naxx beeing fully cleared and tbc release
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Glonz

#13 » Post by Glonz » 22 Nov 2016 00:14

Another thing worth considering is the cross faction removal and the preparations thereof, should such pre-patch be added to the server.

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Nov 2016 06:33

I think 2 months is too much for such thing (because if we are going to be arbitrary about it then there's no reason not to release them by the new year or so, but that's just my opinion). I also think professions shouldn't be touched until release, chances are there are people who'll return during tbc release, it would probably be more fair if everyone started at the square zero when the "new expansion" starts. Allowing players to play the new races / opening the new cities however wouldn't change much, talent unlock is probably fine as well I guess.

thelordcal

#15 » Post by thelordcal » 22 Nov 2016 16:11

It would certainly fun and generate some hype? Pre TBC patch at the start of the new year? Faction split and open the new races