Voting Sugguestion / XP Rate rewards

iceshock

Voting Sugguestion / XP Rate rewards

#1 » Post by iceshock » 21 Sep 2016 05:20

Hey there,

Okay i had a idea a few days ago but, even a few month's ago i was seeing a increasing amount of player's leveling new characters etc here on TrueWoW and for me as a player here, i have gotten a hand full of characters to level 80, and iv never used the recruit a friend feature personally. I know people that have used it over past few years, but also they feel it's more hassle than its worth setting it up etc rather than just going in game and leveling so. (i don't actually know the full success rate / player leveling etc for the recruit a friend system etc, so reality might be wrong from what my knowledge is from what iv heard).. but anyway,

My idea is something a bit like this, Increased XP rates on votes per month or even per week to make it more fair system, and the increased xp would be for the player him self only as he was the one who voted etc.

Right now you can earn, i think 20 vote point's per day? so, say for example somebody earns, 35 vote point's per week, he will be able to level at 2x rate, if he earn's, 70 vote point's, its 3x, etc up to the maximum of 140. (these value's maybe incorrect, but you know its just the general idea, not specific values).

But also keep the recruit a friend a bit more rewarding than this system in hope to maybe inspire people to get friends to join ofc, But also some sort of system like this would also inspire people to mention to friend's that by simply voting a bit they can level a bit faster, but also it will ofc boost the server voting to get us up a little bit there for we will be noticed a bit more.

Ofc everything iv said, the values etc like i stated are just to give the general idea, but i hope this seems a good idea, and would like to hear comment's / suggestions about this below. :)

Thank you for reading.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

mcheka

Re: Voting Sugguestion / XP Rate rewards

#2 » Post by mcheka » 21 Sep 2016 06:02

-1 because I'm against any rates higher than 1x
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Sep 2016 06:38

Well, I don't think leveling is an issue, specially with character transfers. What's more, leveling is also a large part of the game in this expansion still, and rushing to max level will only lead to more bored players with nothing to do.

iceshock

#4 » Post by iceshock » 21 Sep 2016 07:20

Nyeriah wrote:Well, I don't think leveling is an issue, specially with character transfers. What's more, leveling is also a large part of the game in this expansion still, and rushing to max level will only lead to more bored players with nothing to do.

Um, please don't take this the wrong way nye, because it honestly isn't, i don't mean to be in any way offensive with what im about to say but.

The raising of the icecrown buff to make thing's easier / faster? Nobody will join a server because of raising a buff that makes a 15 min encounter last 14 mins 30s.

The reason, im suggesting this is because leveling is a huge part of the population, more so than raiding, a raid lasts a few hours, leveling is constant and happens 24/7, and if people mention it to friend's that they can now level up to the same level they are and to play with them faster via voting, they will come and the server will be more recognized.

One thing i have to say is TrueWoW is a bit misread, it's low on votes, but it's probably one of the most scripted servers ever and the most blizzlike, but the most unrealistic buff percentage, it's just a huge confusion at the moment about what the server is for a non TrueWoW player looking for a server, for example:

A regular casual wow player hears about TrueWoW, Blizzlike, Scripted quests, Great ill come quest, oh wait iv got nobody to do it with.
-This suggestion would bring in more players, due to this suggestion bringing more people starting out it would basically starting over and regenerating the population like we are a new server over time, once player's tell friend's to come play here and they can level with them faster via voting.

A raider hears about TrueWoW, really scripted server, blizzlike scripts, 25% buff, uhm, bit easy ill pass, it's not worth spending my time leveling 0-80 at 1x, for easy raiding content (remember, all other servers are 5% to 10%).
-Where as in this suggestion, he could give it a try, level up faster a bit by voting, again getting us noticed like we are a new server all over again, and even if it's easy content, hes got nothing to loose by spending a few days leveling to give us a try, and his votes counted overall, every vote counts.

Once the population is here again, via this suggestion, then maybe more talks about buff's, this that and the other, all that kinda nonsense. but for now, population is the actual topic of this suggestion, and the only topic of it, i only mentioned the buff as an example before anybody takes this the wrong way, and nothing i said was meant to be offensive, i hope it wasn't, the reason im posting is because we have a great server here that developers have worked hard to build, and maybe a little change like this for now temporarily might actually help massively for our future.

Thank you for reading :)

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 21 Sep 2016 07:31

I can agree with you at the point featuring new playerss who stops before maxlvl cuz slow lvling, (metaphorial) but this would be a desperate move to get players through changing the server type as it would not be blizzlike anymore.

And, Im pretty sure the icc buff change was for the currrent gamers in prio, rather than hopes to increase the population

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Sep 2016 07:39

No offense taken, but I don't see how this suggestion relates to the buff, so I also don't see why it's being brought up here. Raiding is constant, leveling isn't. You level your characters once and then don't bother with it again. The buff wasn't increased to give us players, but to maintain the ones we have (...and I'll stop here or basically I'll be just reiterating a month of posts).

So long someone has a character on any server or retail they can request a character transfer, which is pretty much a give away and has always been, to whoever feels like trying out our server. Even if it's not a 1x1 transfer, you're still given max level characters with some starting gear and gold so you can pick up, which is by the way better than most servers offer.

What's more, raf also equals to 3x leveling (in a "blizzlike" fashion) and players are free to lookup for buddies to level with at our forums, too.

But anyway, since you've mentioned the buff: one player has said that easier content makes players worse, well, now, high rates make even worse players because that basically gives people characters they don't even know how to play. And I talk from experience about this - my first server had levels for donations, and if you want a closer picture to the TrueWoW environment, just check those players that happened to buy characters in the past and were completely incapable at anything they tried to accomplish.

iceshock

#7 » Post by iceshock » 21 Sep 2016 08:27

Well, i can see this thread is doomed already so you might aswell lock it now before it goes more out of topic than it already has become.
it was just a suggestion to boost population on the server i care about and play on, that was the whole concept of the idea to boost population, player base, popularity of the server.
Nyeriah wrote:But anyway, since you've mentioned the buff: one player has said that easier content makes players worse, well, now, high rates make even worse players because that basically gives people characters they don't even know how to play. And I talk from experience about this - my first server had levels for donations, and if you want a closer picture to the TrueWoW environment, just check those players that happened to buy characters in the past and were completely incapable at anything they tried to accomplish.

Then why raise the buff, if we have all leveled 1x, we should all be able to do it with 0% buff?
Almost 90% of classes use different spells / abities and specs whilst levelling than they would even in a level 80 dungeon, a fresh 80 will completely re spec and re create his action bars with abilities and learn them in dungeons and 10ns, but here on TrueWoW 10n can be skipped due to the buff, a fresh 80 with boes could actually be carried through a 25 heroic Lich king run if there guild was willing to do that, but ofc they wouldn't, but believe me it is easily possible.
Also don't forget most of the player's here raiding now are from different server's where they could level up faster than they could here, but they actually earn't most of there gear here because it's easier raiding content here than on other servers, but on the other servers they leveled faster.
There is only a handful of player's still here that actively raid who was here from the birth of TrueWoW.
Most players leveled up faster on other servers and transferred here with semi decent characters then bis'd them all out here quite quickly. the only thing keeping us all raiding is the fun element of being with friend's, the challenge concept is kinda gone, going for that first lich king after fixes going into the unknown, training for it, practicing as a guild was the most exciting experience ever playing on world of warcraft and was for many of us,
Now we are actually believe it or not, we are able taking pug's into our 25hc runs showing them how we do our tactic's / training players who are interested or want to experience LK25HC and many of which have actually been in some of the killing runs, believe it or not, it's not a boast / gloat, it's actually achievement and is quite rewarding to give back to players here on TrueWoW, because the player's of tomorrow will replace us one day, but that be said, it's a sight into the nerf percentage, if a player is getting carried and shown tactic's for lich king heroic at Lich king in 25 heroic mode, then they really haven't done there homework to learn it before stepping into the encounter which is just crazy.
Defeating such a boss shouldn't be as easy as it is now, being able to pug it etc, even after that first kill @ 20%, it became normal.
On other servers after a kill, it may be weeks and weeks untill it happens again from any guild due to how challenging it actually for the players is, that is the challenge element that keeps the game re-freshing to raider's.

the reason we raid here is to spend 1 hr 45 mins clearing / stomping over icc25hc is because we are talking / listening to friend's on mumble, which isn't a bad thing, but it's raid logging, we don't spend time in game otherwise, we dont spend time farming materials and consumables for the next raid because we don't need them because of the buff, meaning there is less constant population. and don't forget this forum thread topic is about restoring the population of the server........... and not the buff.

and about my previous post for any hardcore raider looking for a new server:
iceshock wrote: A raider hears about TrueWoW, really scripted server, blizzlike scripts, 25% buff, uhm, bit easy ill pass, it's not worth spending my time leveling 0-80 at 1x, for easy raiding content (remember, all other servers are 5% to 10%).
-Where as in this suggestion, he could give it a try, level up faster a bit by voting, again getting us noticed like we are a new server all over again, and even if it's easy content, hes got nothing to loose by spending a few days leveling to give us a try, and his votes counted overall, every vote counts.
Now the retail transfers, iv actually had quite a few retail members talk to me about TrueWoW, they'd log in and see inquisition and ask to speak to me, then I'd explain how they can transfer etc but they are a bit scared of playing on a private server, I don't know that's just one of the reasons stopping a lot of people actually playing Wotlk because a lot want to hence the retail legacy server news feeds and forums and stuff, so dont rely on retail transfers to keep us going, true it is some players but it will never be a reliable income of players to the server.

And as I mentioned before, most other severs, raiding content is a bit harder than here, so when a player transfers from private server to here, if he only plays with one char he's done quite quickly in getting his gear then stops playing.

Recruit a friend from my hearing isn't a real be income of players from what I have heard, I mean I don't have the stats of players who are actually active on joining the service via this system only staff do, but if the system is working then where is everyone?

Please remember everything iv said is my opinion about truewow which I care for and play and many may disagree with what I have said ofc. But the main thing is we are all here and we all have different views and ideas of what will help to boost population and like the actuall topic that this thread is, this is my idea to boost the population even if temporary. Thank you again for reading :)
Last edited by iceshock on 21 Sep 2016 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 21 Sep 2016 08:58

iceshock wrote:Well, i can see this thread is doomed already so you might aswell lock it now before it goes more out of topic than it already has become.
it was just a suggestion to boost population on the server i care about and play on, that was the whole concept of the idea to boost population, player base, popularity of the server.
Nyeriah wrote:But anyway, since you've mentioned the buff: one player has said that easier content makes players worse, well, now, high rates make even worse players because that basically gives people characters they don't even know how to play. And I talk from experience about this - my first server had levels for donations, and if you want a closer picture to the TrueWoW environment, just check those players that happened to buy characters in the past and were completely incapable at anything they tried to accomplish.

Then why raise the buff, if we have all leveled 1x, we should all be able to do it with 0% buff?
Almost 90% of classes use different spells / abities and specs whilst levelling than they would even in a level 80 dungeon, a fresh 80 will completely re spec and re create his action bars with abilities and learn them in dungeons and 10ns, but here on TrueWoW 10n can be skipped due to the buff, a fresh 80 with boes could actually be carried through a 25 heroic Lich king run if there guild was willing to do that, but ofc they wouldn't, but believe me it is easily possible.
Also don't forget most of the player's here raiding now are from different server's where they could level up faster than they could here, but they actually earn't most of there gear here because it's easier raiding content here than on other servers, but on the other servers they leveled faster.
There is only a handful of player's still here that actively raid who was here from the birth of TrueWoW.
Most players leveled up faster on other servers and transferred here with semi decent characters then bis'd them all out here quite quickly. the only thing keeping us all raiding is the fun element of being with friend's, the challenge concept is kinda gone, going for that first lich king after fixes going into the unknown, training for it, practicing as a guild was the most exciting experience ever playing on world of warcraft and was for many of us,
Now we are actually believe it or not, we are able taking pug's into our 25hc runs showing them how we do our tactic's / training players who are interested or want to experience LK25HC and many of which have actually been in some of the killing runs, believe it or not, it's not a boast / gloat, it's actually achievement and is quite rewarding to give back to players here on TrueWoW, because the player's of tomorrow will replace us one day, but that be said, it's a sight into the nerf percentage, if a player is getting carried and shown tactic's for lich king heroic at Lich king in 25 heroic mode, then they really haven't done there homework to learn it before stepping into the encounter which is just crazy.
Defeating such a boss shouldn't be as easy as it is now, being able to pug it etc, even after that first kill @ 20%, it became normal.
On other servers after a kill, it may be weeks and weeks untill it happens again from any guild due to how challenging it actually for the players is, that is the challenge element that keeps the game re-freshing to raider's.

the reason we raid here is to spend 1 hr 45 mins clearing / stomping over icc25hc is because we are talking / listening to friend's on mumble, which isn't a bad thing, but it's raid logging, we don't spend time in game otherwise, we dont spend time farming materials and consumables for the next raid because we don't need them because of the buff, meaning there is less constant population. and don't forget this forum thread topic is about restoring the population of the server........... and not the buff.

and about my previous post for any hardcore raider looking for a new server:
iceshock wrote: A raider hears about TrueWoW, really scripted server, blizzlike scripts, 25% buff, uhm, bit easy ill pass, it's not worth spending my time leveling 0-80 at 1x, for easy raiding content (remember, all other servers are 5% to 10%).

You can lock the thread yourself :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

iceshock

#9 » Post by iceshock » 21 Sep 2016 09:08

I can do that ? o.O

edit: no I cannot

Chars:
Spoiler:

Nymunne
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Nymunne » 21 Sep 2016 11:10

There are easy ways to level up without increasing the rates.
- RAF - 300% faster leveling, pretty much any new player can ask an older player for RAF and you get rewards for using RAF
- RDF - as this is not always so good because in some level brackets it can be dead the feature is there, players can look for other players and I know some people who actually leveled their alts just through RDF (after level 15).
- Transfers - unless you have 0 effort put into the character you get from one "free" level 60 to level 80 with starter gear up to tier 10 with some off-sets and your character on the other server is not even deleted (talking about predefined characters). You can get a starting char and if you want more alts you can level with friends, RDF or even have someone boost your character up as that is not against the rules (as long as you don't exploit anything).

So yea, I don't think the high rates will help new players that much but it can help old players level tons of alts even faster than now. You can pretty much get from 1-80 in a week if you are being lazy at the moment.

Also I don't think if we can have more than 20 points everyday (don't know how the vote actually works when it comes to point awarding) and even if we can it will only help those who actually vote daily to obtain more points. There are quite a few players who keep voting after they obtained everything from the Shop.

arnis5
Banned

#11 » Post by arnis5 » 21 Sep 2016 11:12

You can and pls lock as fast as possible. -1
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Sep 2016 11:18

I would only support this if you increase the rates to 10x, 20x and 30x!
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#13 » Post by Eronox » 21 Sep 2016 12:07

iceshock wrote:I can do that ? o.O

[hide]Image[/hide]

Maybe it's a benefit of donation, not sure :P

- J.R Cash

Nymunne
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Nymunne » 21 Sep 2016 12:11

Eronox wrote:

[hide]Image[/hide]

I don't think players can lock or remove their topics when they are made in the Suggestion section but I never tried this out from my other account. It has nothing to do with Donor rank as except staff ones all accounts are the same

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 21 Sep 2016 12:17

Nymunne wrote:
Eronox wrote:

[hide]Image[/hide]

I don't think players can lock or remove their topics when they are made in the Suggestion section but I never tried this out from my other account. It has nothing to do with Donor rank as except staff ones all accounts are the same.

The screenshot is from
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35923

- J.R Cash