Time to sort out the forums

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Time to sort out the forums

#16 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Sep 2016 12:38

I don't find the forums confusing or "Clustered" at all, to be fair.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/index.php
Is the general index of all the forums and subforums, on the right of that page is a small small ticked checkbox. Clicking it will make it so ALL threads and posts are marked as read. After that, you will have absolutely no unread posts in all the forums.
Then, all you have to do when you log in for the day is go to the top of the navigation bar, hover over Forum and select "View unread posts" and it will show just the new stuff you have missed while you where gone, once you read it, it is gone. For things that don't interest me, I just click on it and then click away and that marks that thread as read and now my "View unread posts" are clean again. I never miss a single post on the forums using this method, ever. Which *wasn't* the case, when I used just the Latest posts section on the bottom of the home page.

As for finding a specific thread, using the search function is a bit messy, yeah, but I can usually find what I want by checking through the index page and going into subforums, or if it was relatively recently, then just use Forums-> "View Active topics"

Hope this method helps some people use the forums with more efficiency and alleviates ease of use.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in