Heroic Molten Core and BWL

samoman21

Heroic Molten Core and BWL

#1 » Post by samoman21 » 04 Aug 2016 04:09

I have been playing primal for a while, since early February 2016. Personally I would love it if there was a way to make MC or BWL harder again. Personally I feel they have become too easy (especially Molten Core) for the more sturdy guilds, e.g. DTP, VK, and Murmur. I am sure I am not the only one who would love a way to make these raids back to the way they were pre-nerf. I understand some guilds may still struggle with them or disagree. However my guild, murmur, has managed to clear MC with around 30 people with only 1 or 2 wipes. As far as loot is concerned you don't even need to change how much gear drops or what happens at the end. Could add another piece for heroic or keep it the same. I feel a reason for the drop in players for primal is because after a certain point it just gets boring and you play on auto-pilot. This would also be an easy way to include semi-fresh content and give people a challenge while you work on AQ40 and fix the minor bugs in that raid.
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

Sassafras

Re: Heroic Molten Core and BWL

#2 » Post by Sassafras » 04 Aug 2016 04:15

I'd like to see this, as well as hardmode Ony, as long as it doesn't split efforts on fixing AQ40/current content

--Suul

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 04 Aug 2016 05:11

Run it with everyone in pre-raid gear if youre looking for a challenge. Personally, I find MC to be the least interesting raid in WoW when you remove the sentimental factor, so Im ok with ultra speedy runs. Im glad you still enjoy it.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 04 Aug 2016 10:51

I miss ICC25n under one hour.

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 04 Aug 2016 11:29

Fastor wrote:I miss ICC25n under one hour.
Lol takes me about 30 mins to ICC 25 hc on retail, skip all trash all bosses piss easy and die within seconds only thing you have to watch is shadow traps and orbs at lk everything else is piss easy, ad even lk goes down quickly with a level 100 p: same mount is only 1% chance now on retail which is only reason I still do ICC each week but you dont need tactics as nothing kills you you can still get thrown around by spells though.

kurthos

#6 » Post by kurthos » 18 Aug 2016 05:32

The main reason I disagree with this idea is that we're already struggling to make time for content in our raids. While some of the content is very easy right now for the guilds who have it on farm, its not as easy for newer guilds just starting out to clear BWL for example.

With the rest of AQ40 releasing and Naxxramas around the corner, we cannot really afford to stick to a 2-3 day raid schedule and expect to clear MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxxramas within that time budget if things were made more difficult.

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 18 Aug 2016 13:10

It is not possible anyway we cannot add custom difficulty settings and even if we could this would mean having to duplicate db entries for all creatures in these raids and then add difficulty entries which point to duplicates on original creatures but map difficulties are held by client files so we cannot add custom raid difficult settings.