Unban for any reason

benzviliran

Re: Unban for any reason

#16 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Jul 2016 15:46

Nymunne wrote:I believe that players are given more chances these days compared to how it used to be before and yet most of the players still go on with hacking, abusing, trolling etc.

Most of the times a ban is not permanent so they players are given from start another chance. These days when a permanent ban is being issues it means that the issued ban was done as a "final" thing that could be done in that case.

I am not in favor of unbaning permanent banned accounts. This will give us more things to check out and monitor those accounts as well as seeing what was done legit and what wasn't when it comes to the reasons those accounts are banned in the first place.
Another reason why I am against this is the fact that, as stated before, punishments are "lighter" now and not always permanent anymore so players are given the second chance.

Now, you might say that "but this is new and the old accounts didn't get this opportunity", well as that is true I already mentioned the reason why I am not in favor of unbanning accounts where we can clearly still see the reasons why they were banned in the first place. Unbanning permanent banned accounts will give players the idea that it's OK to do whatever they do and they will most likely keep doing it since in the end after a while their account will be unbanned anyway or there will be a time when they quit and just don't care about that account anymore.

In the end I find it a bit ironic that you opened this kind of topic when few minutes before this post was made you were taunting players not being punished and accounts being unbanned.
yet most of the players still go on with hacking, abusing, trolling etc.
agreed.
I am not in favor of unbaning permanent banned accounts.
me neither.
This will give us more things to check out and monitor those accounts as well as seeing what was done legit and what wasn't when it comes to the reasons those accounts are banned in the first place.
i mentioned that already ok.
Now, you might say that "but this is new and the old accounts didn't get this opportunity"
that doesnt sound like me at all i dont really up to giving opportunities and its not why i opened the topic as the reason of why i opened that topic and suggested it is simply an attempt to increase server population and nothing more, honestly i dont want hackers or abusers to be banned but i take both possibilities and i consider population more critical than keeping a perma ban on accounts that are already banned for more than 1 year.
In the end I find it a bit ironic that you opened this kind of topic when few minutes before this post was made you were taunting players not being punished and accounts being unbanned
the case is kinda different and complicated i wont get into in as it will require alot of writing and i dont have patience for this atm. but you know i agree its ironic, ironic that we are going to have to need to take actions such as this in order to keep server population alive.

the staff always say "sooner or later they will be caught" well if thats the case than why not unbanning them after 1 year? if they repeat it ull catch them .

the amount of players we can get from it could worth it, lets say there will be around 100 players willing to get their account unbanned if they recruit an amount of 5 players each and lets say that only 10 of them stopped hacking and played fair than the other 90 will get banned and u are left with 10 players and lets say that not all the recruits were recruited fairly or either some of them didnt stay u are still left with some amount of new players .

yes there are some bad examples of players that will never change i agree with you nymunne, eryx is still abusing by faking laggs in warsong as we speak with his new pala but sometimes we have to make difficult decisions in order to maintain this server.

players like eryx should not be unbanned because of the mass disturbtion he causes to the pvp population and that the fact he is not stopping from doing it but how many abusers like eryx we have?

branhos for example used to abuse alot but he stopped, at some point after he was warned imagine if he was banned and not being warned? imagine he would have the chance now to get unbanned,theres a really good chance he would have stopped abusing after 1 year or more that he could get his account back.
I am the swarm

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#17 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 30 Jul 2016 15:56

The Primal community has been improved considerably by the banning of a few notorious trolls on the server. Now, new players repeatedly tell me that the reason they joined the server is that they heard it had a good community. I'm not exaggerating, I speak to a lot of low levels to welcome them, and I hear this over and over. Why on earth would the staff do something to endanger the goodwill and positive atmosphere we have built here?

Maybe you feel it's different on Truewow, but risking alienating a large portion of your player base for a vocal few who flaunted the rules seems like a horrible, horrible idea if your aim is increasing the server population.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

benzviliran

#18 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Jul 2016 16:27

Fitzpatrick wrote:The Primal community has been improved considerably by the banning of a few notorious trolls on the server. Now, new players repeatedly tell me that the reason they joined the server is that they heard it had a good community. I'm not exaggerating, I speak to a lot of low levels to welcome them, and I hear this over and over. Why on earth would the staff do something to endanger the goodwill and positive atmosphere we have built here?

Maybe you feel it's different on Truewow, but risking alienating a large portion of your player base for a vocal few who flaunted the rules seems like a horrible, horrible idea if your aim is increasing the server population.

oh god you have no idea how much i think the same that good community atracts more people, but theres always but.

i believe too many mistakes which i wont name them were made during the years that even now it might too late to fix.

therefor some things has to be changed but without to touch the game as it is for example crossfaction in raids etc will change the game it will be completely unblizzlike.

our population is like 45 people at the morning for more than 5 hours which means it is open mostly only to farm quests or mats and u cant raid or even play rbgs. max population is around 250 recently and continue to decrease day by day.

now what my suggestion offers is to get more players (not the hackers/abusers/etc but the people the recruit)if the people who abused would again abuse they will be banned just that this time they would have no second chance or perhaps should wait another 1 year or 2 before they could unlock their char again and thats if the players they recruited before still plays.

giving second chances or opportunies? pfff dont make me laugh i dont think they should be unbanned really nyeriah could tell you how much i dont like hackers and think they should be banned, she even called me a ban whore and not once(anyway i took it as a compliment). i just take 2 things:

1)what good it will make.

2)what bad will come out of it.

i take those 2 and weighing them and come into the conclusion that more good than bad will come out of it even if it will add us just 20 more players after all it may be more than 5% of our population.

i knew there will be alot of people against it but i think that if people will do same calculation and consider the fact that it doesnt touch the game itself and it will do add more people to our community it will be watched differently and you will consider this as a good idea.
I am the swarm

freehall2002

#19 » Post by freehall2002 » 30 Jul 2016 18:14

wat if the banned person again came to this server with 5 new friend and coz of the banned person came alrdy existing player leaves with his/her friendz? did u thought about that maybe u will lose loose more player than u bargained for.

Longi

#20 » Post by Longi » 30 Jul 2016 18:16

rather server with 50 normal players than server with 50 normal players and 30 hackers

benzviliran

#21 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Jul 2016 18:24

Longi wrote:rather server with 50 normal players than server with 50 normal players and 30 hackers
suggestion doesnt say allowing hackers to hack, suggestion say unban people who were banned for over 1 year or 2 year ago which includes hackers only if they recruit more than a minimum number of new players to the server.

that means that in case some of them decide to hack/abuse again they will be banned and not be allowed to do so .

which means its not have 50 normal players and 30 hackers it would mean 50+50 normal players +30 hackers -30 hackers in case all of them decide to hack again for example still leaves u with +50 normal players and 0 hackers for example.
I am the swarm

Kniteknite

#22 » Post by Kniteknite » 31 Jul 2016 00:48

In the event of trolling , a long grow up break like 3 to 6 months or whatever seems more forgiving. As far as hacks go , let them stay in perpetual purgatory~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "