Unban for any reason

benzviliran

Unban for any reason

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 29 Jul 2016 18:27

Server population is pretty low and getting lower.

i would like to suggest to add a website tool like recruit a friend that a player who will recruit more than 5 new players and that was banned for more than 1 year could get his account unbanned.

also this doesnt have to be 5 only and can be 10 for example.

why its a good idea in my opinion?

because like mentioned above server population is low.

and because 1 year is alot and most players that would put enough effort to get it unbanned wouldnt risk repeating what got them banned in the first place.

also as staff always say "in the end they all get caught" so if someone does it again he will be caught and atleast those he recruited will stay.

also im against unbanning people but like i mentioned 1 year is kinda alot and im pretty sure that could add us some % to the server population.

please comment.
I am the swarm

Gnurg

Re: Unban for any reason

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Jul 2016 18:38

You have to cheat or missbehave frequently in order to be permanently banned. Not even players using teleportation hacks didn't get a perma-ban right away a year ago.

They had their chance with their previously recieved warnings, so I don't want these scums back on TW.

HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

shaun03

#3 » Post by shaun03 » 29 Jul 2016 18:48

No. Stupid suggestion.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

benzviliran

#4 » Post by benzviliran » 29 Jul 2016 18:52

Gnurg wrote:You have to cheat or missbehave frequently in order to be permanently banned. Not even players using teleportation hacks didn't get a perma-ban right away a year ago.

They had their chance with their previously recieved warnings, so I don't want these scums back on TW.

"you have to cheat or missbehave frequently in order to get permanetly banned."

oh really? you enlightened me now.

anyway there are people with full wrath gear/full pve gear that were perma banned for more than 1 year ago and i really doubt they would put the effort to get banned again.

like i said if they repeat the offense they will be banned again but atleast we will have more players that they recruited so thats +5 -1 u get 4 players atleast from it.

1 year is alot and i am willing to get even eryx back, i really doubt he wants to get banned again after 1 year.

also it can be 2 years for the record and 2 year is alot.

do it like chrismess style unban people there were banned long ago.

who would start recruiting friends after a year or more that he was banned just to get banned again?

probably the majority would rather not repeat the same mistake .
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#5 » Post by Wilcox » 29 Jul 2016 18:58

meh, a touch of mercy is a virtue, im ok with it

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jul 2016 19:41

There are many questions that arise with this.

1) Serious players don't hack. Those who do usually have put little effort in their characters.
2) Whoever gets a permaban, after so long, is likely no longer interested in the server/game. They either are already playing on other server or already got another character, in either case, they do not need an unban.
3) Permanent bans are, well, permanent. So they shouldn't be something that gets revoked without a reason for it.
4) "Recruiting" bonuses usually are prone to shenanigans as people tend to recruit themselves and it's hard to judge it.
5) If the permanently banned players got any profit out of the hacking that would need to be removed too (like gold, items, levels...so forth).

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 29 Jul 2016 20:19

Nyeriah wrote:There are many questions that arise with this.

1) Serious players don't hack. Those who do usually have put little effort in their characters.
2) Whoever gets a permaban, after so long, is likely no longer interested in the server/game. They either are already playing on other server or already got another character, in either case, they do not need an unban.
3) Permanent bans are, well, permanent. So they shouldn't be something that gets revoked without a reason for it.
4) "Recruiting" bonuses usually are prone to shenanigans as people tend to recruit themselves and it's hard to judge it.
5) If the permanently banned players got any profit out of the hacking that would need to be removed too (like gold, items, levels...so forth).
yes i thought of all of these too and found them also problematic before i made the post.

1) Serious players don't hack. Those who do usually have put little effort in their characters - they sure do put small effort i totally agree however there are exceptions so still something can be gained from it i think.

2) Whoever gets a permaban, after so long, is likely no longer interested in the server/game. They either are already playing on other server or already got another character, in either case, they do not need an unban. - yes thought on this as well and i think that those who arent playing anymore are as u are saying are not relevant but still those who still do? so they dont hack on their new char? and if they do does it matter from which char? atleast we could get them to recruit more players before they get banned. though 1 year still hacking or whatever i doubt that .

3) Permanent bans are, well, permanent. So they shouldn't be something that gets revoked without a reason for it. that is problematic indeed and i am against it normaly however our server needs to find solutions for the upcoming events such as mass people leaving . we need more population and we need it fast. a 1 year ban is alot.

4) "Recruiting" bonuses usually are prone to shenanigans as people tend to recruit themselves and it's hard to judge it. - yes thought of this too and also about the recruit a friend. if we already have recruit friend and people recruit themselves there what diff does it make? people get faster expirience than with hacking for example. also as u also claimed once i think more people are being honest and recruit real people than themselves.

5) If the permanently banned players got any profit out of the hacking that would need to be removed too (like gold, items, levels...so forth), thought of it too and i had some things in my mind such as for example:

gms put reasons for players ban therefor either could use a system that recognize the reason and do the following actions:

1)if used gold hacks will remove all gold from all the characters on that account.

2)if used flying or speed hacks or any sort of hacks will remove some of the items/or lvls or whatever it really depends.

3)if abused several bugs in pvp will have his pvp gear reduced for example if have wrath will be replaced with relentless.

4) could be other ways it depends if the idea is relevant if it is then more ways could be thought of to avoid unbanning a player while he keeps profits.

if a system could be too hard to be made then there can always be a "request" option that a player could make that will become valid after making enough recruits.

that option is to apply a request to get unbanned .

a gm who takes care of it will be similar like requesting a transfer.

a gm will be able to check the reason for ban for those who make a request, he could check reason and than follow the standards/remove gear/remove expirience/etc.

it shouldnt be difficult as it sounds really if managing it right
I am the swarm

Ancestor

#8 » Post by Ancestor » 30 Jul 2016 11:36

i got once ban by emsy @gc...Permabanned ((speedhack)Last login 2011-02-01)..farmed some ore in tanaris..
acc still banned but since then after long talk with him etc nothing serious he did understood and i promised to stay clean and im still here..lost my precious char in past but now i have new chars what i just dont wanna risk to lose..

milanlord

#9 » Post by milanlord » 30 Jul 2016 13:36

This guy explained everything in this post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35496. I would suggest to unlock this topic and let community vote, I think it would be awesome to unban Eryx and Xtreme, I'm sure they would bring more fun and challenge on our server and who knows maybe all these people who said they quit the server will return if they see that old people are returning. I'm sure they would gladly come back and play on the server. After all, the decisions are made what community thinks, so I say give it a chance to vote on that topic which Justice made :)
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 30 Jul 2016 13:39

milanlord wrote:I think it would be awesome to unban Xtreme
You just dont realize how wrong you are.

benzviliran

#11 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Jul 2016 13:52

milanlord wrote:This guy explained everything in this post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35496. I would suggest to unlock this topic and let community vote, I think it would be awesome to unban Eryx and Xtreme, I'm sure they would bring more fun and challenge on our server and who knows maybe all these people who said they quit the server will return if they see that old people are returning. I'm sure they would gladly come back and play on the server. After all, the decisions are made what community thinks, so I say give it a chance to vote on that topic which Justice made :)
i cant enter the link u posted cause its kinda broken, can u try posting a fixed one?

also im not sure if u support my suggestion or not perhaps cause i cant see that link u made.

anyway about eryx is not a good example as he havent stopped abusing even after being banned and warned several times, also atleast 1 year should be passed since the ban so that the punishment will be effective.

also eryx is already playing in here for several months just on another account and yet he still abusing .

about extreme... well honestly from what i know he had been given alot of chances, if what he did should be a perma ban i wont decide really dont want to get into this but i think that if he recruit us some of his friends to get playing here and stay banned for 1 year i think a perma could be removed after 1 year after all if he repeats it it can return to a perma this time forever or atleast with minimum of 1 year before he can return. atleast we could earn some new players from that.

anyway still want to see the link you made to see what other topic you are talking about. and ofc will be happy to hear more comments.
I am the swarm

milanlord

#12 » Post by milanlord » 30 Jul 2016 14:01

Fastor wrote:
Well idk, maybe I am, but just wanted to share my opinion as a guy who plays pvp most of the time and who played with or against them multiple times in bg's or world pvp :)

I guess this should work now :P

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35496
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

benzviliran

#13 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Jul 2016 14:14

milanlord wrote:
Fastor wrote:
Well idk, maybe I am, but just wanted to share my opinion as a guy who plays pvp most of the time and who played with or against them multiple times in bg's or world pvp :)

I guess this should work now :P

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35496

havent seen that topic before oO.

anyway milan i believe justice idea to specificly give 2 players special treatment (for a reason that give us the community nothing in return) is wrong.

no one should have special treatment as he suggest.

my suggestion is that we earn something from unbanning players and also i dont think this is right to unban players who were recently banned perma. why? because people who get perma banned 99.999% did something bad enough to deserve it.

just because u like them and u r friends doenst mean u should support them specificly.

anyway just to make it clear my post is against unbanning extreme and eryx, specially before 1 year passed, why ? because they are from the kind of players who will keep abusing .

again i remind u that eryx ban history is like a scroll, he was banned for bug abusing in pvp such as mind controll flag carrier and HOP him for abusing in sota and more i cant even remember, he was banned for faking laggs more than about 3 times in rbgs while carrying flags (not mentioning the times he wasnt punished for doing so) he was also banned for faking laggs everytime he was about to die in arena 2v2.

after his perma ban he created a new pala and currently still doing the same abuse in wsg, just that he believe no one realized that.

i dont think unbanning eryx after a short time could gain anything, even after year really but after 1 year we could atleast maybe earn new recruits before he gets banned which i believe could be a positive thing.

also in most cases i believe people wont be like eryx and even if they will not all of them are heavily abusing like eryx and are doing it good as him therefor if they do atleast before they get banned again they will earn us some population and probably people will also be happy to play here again with their old char without abusing.
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2016 14:41

Neither Xtreme or Eryx will be unbanned regardless of what's discussed about this suggestion. They're both past any thresholds of leniency. They're troublemakers that have caused a major inconvenience to both staff and players. Now, adopting them as our "official trolls" under the justification that we need them because every community needs trolls and abusers, and for that fact they deserve special treatment, is just not acceptable at all.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Nymunne » 30 Jul 2016 14:55

I believe that players are given more chances these days compared to how it used to be before and yet most of the players still go on with hacking, abusing, trolling etc.

Most of the times a ban is not permanent so they players are given from start another chance. These days when a permanent ban is being issues it means that the issued ban was done as a "final" thing that could be done in that case.

I am not in favor of unbaning permanent banned accounts. This will give us more things to check out and monitor those accounts as well as seeing what was done legit and what wasn't when it comes to the reasons those accounts are banned in the first place.
Another reason why I am against this is the fact that, as stated before, punishments are "lighter" now and not always permanent anymore so players are given the second chance.

Now, you might say that "but this is new and the old accounts didn't get this opportunity", well as that is true I already mentioned the reason why I am not in favor of unbanning accounts where we can clearly still see the reasons why they were banned in the first place. Unbanning permanent banned accounts will give players the idea that it's OK to do whatever they do and they will most likely keep doing it since in the end after a while their account will be unbanned anyway or there will be a time when they quit and just don't care about that account anymore.

In the end I find it a bit ironic that you opened this kind of topic when few minutes before this post was made you were taunting players not being punished and accounts being unbanned.