Do finite number of arena matches per season to keep gear.

Arena season end would remove gear from players with 0 games done in that season.

Poll ended at 15 Jul 2016 16:13

1. Yes, each player should do atleast 30 games (win+loses) each season in order to keep their gear.
16%
2. No, I don't support this suggestion.
75%
3. Yes, each player should do atleast minimum games (we have to discuss how many).
9%

Total votes: 44

Boxis
Donor

Re: Do finite number of arena matches per season to keep gear.

#16 » Post by Boxis » 12 Jul 2016 22:04

And how is that "simplest and most effective" suggestion ?
I am not saying it's not good idea, but it is far from being easy and simple to implement, and even harder to tell, if it would have "effective" impact on the general arena activity.

I will think about some possible tweaks of the given suggestion.

ribbaribbahey

#17 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 12 Jul 2016 22:06

In my last post in there I explain how easily it could be done. Just to answer you, let's not go too much offtopic.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Chillmaster

#18 » Post by Chillmaster » 13 Jul 2016 11:15

Guys you did not think this through. Imagine someone simply works during the day for 3 months or even 5 months in a row without any day off. They come home at night when the arena activity is dead or when they need to SLEEP, they cannot get games, next thing they know : Season resetted, they have no gear, the gear that they only used to play 1 or 2 BGs because thats what they like to do. What do u think those people will do? Stay in this server and try to farm their gear back?

I suggest instead give reward of vote points to people who has X Minimum games played each month.

Always remember that in a game people can NEVER be forced to do anything they don`t want to do. But they can be motivated to do it.

ribbaribbahey

#19 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 13 Jul 2016 11:46

That's why gear must become temporary unavailable and not deleted.
Also, please stop with the unblizzlike bullshit and rewards/bonuses crap that y'all propose mostly because it waters your mouths.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Doctor_J
Developer

#20 » Post by Doctor_J » 13 Jul 2016 12:43

Ye we have to be careful with this as removing gear could cause population to diminish even more as im pretty sure that if gear is removed some players will stop playing here and go and play on other servers were gear does not get removed at end of arena seasons, also as said above some plauers dont have time for arenas or who dont even do arenas and only do the odd causual bg here and there.

I dont agree on this ad rather than removing gear it would be better idea to move server to crapaylysm and then you get new arena gear then so everyone is not fully geared with no need to do arenas which is what the problem is but removing gear is not feasible either

Longi

#21 » Post by Longi » 13 Jul 2016 13:22

you cannot wipe gear or remove any part of it same as you cannot say to players you must be active if you want to keep items, mby you can say them when to play ( like arena will be active only at specific time / day ) but this wont help much too. Players want to have freedom.

In my opinion better way how to keep them active is special reward, like you must to do this lets say 6 months and after that period you will get special Tittle, mount , pet, statue in capital, or any other shit players will want to get. And you cannnot give it to all, only to one max two players. Even on low populationserver with 500 players if only one will get it. Its great reward I think... one from 500, or two from 500 .. doesnt sound bad. This season cannot be too short, more players will get it - less players will be interested same as if season will be too long, if players have to invest o lot time to do something - they will rather ignore it coz these days ppl want to get things fast.

Grear doesnt mean much after XY years playing WOTLK, I would rather give it " for free " to all so matches will be fair and none will be crying that they had better gear...

Chillmaster

#22 » Post by Chillmaster » 14 Jul 2016 08:55

Again instead of removing gear I suggest giving vote points to players that play a minimum X number of arenas each month.

ribbaribbahey

#23 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 14 Jul 2016 18:51

[hide]Image[/hide]
Last edited by ribbaribbahey on 11 Aug 2016 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

benzviliran

#24 » Post by benzviliran » 14 Jul 2016 19:20

Chillmaster wrote:Again instead of removing gear I suggest giving vote points to players that play a minimum X number of arenas each month.
yes vote points should be awarded that could be a good idea to increase arena activity but so that it wont be just a queuing fest with the intention of losing should earn only low amount of vote points and extra for atleast a minimum number of wins.

however that might encourage people to vote less so that might be a problem.
I am the swarm

Chillmaster

#25 » Post by Chillmaster » 15 Jul 2016 10:48

Well they were giving vote points for top 1 wins of the week/month in battlegrounds. so i dont see why not do it for arenas since it doesn`t really matter if u do for BGs or not, as long as server has pop there will always be BGs.

Doctor_J
Developer

#26 » Post by Doctor_J » 15 Jul 2016 11:40

another idea add custom item which drops pvp potions and small chance of getting one the pvp mounts from shop without paying 2000 vp just for that chance may get more interest in arenas p:

Justicelight
Donor

#27 » Post by Justicelight » 15 Jul 2016 13:29

This will not mass motivate anyone. People who will see that they are too far to reach the prerequisites of getting that item/mount will quit in the process.

We need to focus on mass motivation in order to get a substantial outcome, not only to targe top 5 of any ladder we want to consider (best pvpers, achievers...).
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

ribbaribbahey

#28 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 15 Jul 2016 13:49

Justicelight wrote:This will not mass motivate anyone. People who will see that they are too far to reach the prerequisites of getting that item/mount will quit in the process.

We need to focus on mass motivation in order to get a substantial outcome, not only to targe top 5 of any ladder we want to consider (best pvpers, achievers...).
This

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Boxis
Donor

#29 » Post by Boxis » 16 Jul 2016 11:29

As I mentioned before, making 2nd arena flush in one week would help people to get at least relentless gear faster, and would, in theory, increase the arena activity since people would be doing at least 20 games / week instead of 10.

Also Doctor_J has actually good idea. Even though it's not blizzlike (at this moment we should forget about blizzlike ideas and try to make the most suitable ones no matter what), I think it would be good to make such satchel which would contain small amount of gold and, if you win arena game, even some small chance of dropping relentless gear or 2 pieces of WF gear (VoA ones). This would motivate lower geared players to improve as well, since there is chance they might win something after each win.

Skembic

#30 » Post by Skembic » 16 Jul 2016 12:31

Go go, Truewow custom server! +1