Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 89

Fastor

Re: Disabling SM in Arenas

#16 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jun 2016 20:12

Since Nye said she wants inputs here is mine.
  • SM is very powerful weapon, so much that even people who are worse than me in PvP may achieve domination. Easy life.
  • SM is better than LK25hc equivalent because no other weapon have proc, its a child of Glorenzelg and a Trinket.
  • SM is not native PvP weapon since you dont need even to enter BG or Arena to get it.
  • SM while gained in ICC, and is same level as LK25hc weapons, is actually easier to get than other 284 weapons since you dont even need to enter ICC25hc let alone kill LK25hc. In fact, some SM owners have not even killed LK25hc (some not even on any toon).
  • SM is FUCKING CHEAT. (Quest item with only reason to exist is so Blizzard does not need to release Frostmourne)

Relina

#17 » Post by Relina » 20 Jun 2016 22:06

Fastor wrote:Since Nye said she wants inputs here is mine.
  • SM is very powerful weapon, so much that even people who are worse than me in PvP may achieve domination. Easy life.
  • SM is better than LK25hc equivalent because no other weapon have proc, its a child of Glorenzelg and a Trinket.
  • SM is not native PvP weapon since you dont need even to enter BG or Arena to get it.
  • SM while gained in ICC, and is same level as LK25hc weapons, is actually easier to get than other 284 weapons since you dont even need to enter ICC25hc let alone kill LK25hc. In fact, some SM owners have not even killed LK25hc (some not even on any toon).
  • SM is FUCKING CHEAT. (Quest item with only reason to exist is so Blizzard does not need to release Frostmourne)
You forgot the most important point:
  • the class I play can't use SM so it needs to go.
/s
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Bloodshade

#18 » Post by Bloodshade » 21 Jun 2016 00:28

Fastor wrote:Since Nye said she wants inputs here is mine.
So you basically said the only OP part about Shadowmourne is the proc. Why do we need to remove the whole weapon then? Just remove the proc. If you want to get it only from 25n you would have to play 3-4 months to get it... Also whats up with "[*]SM is not native PvP weapon since you dont need even to enter BG or Arena to get it." Have you seen anyone use PVP trinkets/full PVP offsets in arenas? The best items in the game are from raiding in every single expansion ever, yes you need to balance them so you don't roll with 500 resilience, but you can't go high rating without them. Imagine your Mage with a battlemaster trinket, 1400 resilience and 0 pve items, do you think you would do any damage?
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Fastor

#19 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jun 2016 01:41

@Relina
Please not your petty sarcasm again. Dare to say SM is completely balanced weapon compared to other? Also from aspect of obtaining it?
@Bloodshade
If you quote me, at least split in rows for each of my row quoted. Bit hard to look at what you said.
I am against SM because as asked Relina: "Dare to say SM is completely balanced weapon compared to other"?
Beside, 3-4 months to get it? People are farming LK25hc longer than that just to get weapon, and now with new fixes do you think they would take ONLY 3-4 months now?
To imagine Mage with battlemaster trinket is not needed since there is one already. His weapons are PvE true, since he never bothered with arena, but still they are just 277, not even LK.

Bloodshade

#20 » Post by Bloodshade » 21 Jun 2016 02:30

Fastor wrote: To imagine Mage with battlemaster trinket is not needed since there is one already. His weapons are PvE true, since he never bothered with arena, but still they are just 277, not even LK.
Ok, please look at the arena rating of that person, he doesn't even have wrathful chest, also he leaves every single BG that hordes aren't dominating and he plays only fire for living bomb spam on 20 ppl. What are you trying to prove? Also he has PVE Ring, shoulder, weapon, offhand, wand, which was the point I was proving, that absolutely no one plays without PVE items. Why? Because you can't go resilience capped with 0 damage.

PS: Should we also disable Ashen band? It's one of the best items in-game and you can get it from farming mobs in 10 n ICC, wow, so easy and broken.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

ItchyVortex

#21 » Post by ItchyVortex » 21 Jun 2016 04:02

Bloodshade wrote:PS: Should we also disable Ashen band? It's one of the best items in-game and you can get it from farming mobs in 10 n ICC, wow, so easy and broken.
If we went with the PvE ilvl 264 limit, yes.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Relina

#22 » Post by Relina » 21 Jun 2016 08:58

ItchyVortex wrote: If we went with the PvE ilvl 264 limit, yes.
This is the only option I'd even consider supporting.

Just focusing on SM or its proc is being petty.
While ignoring the real issue which is the fact that endgame PvE gear is overflowing on TW in addition to the fact that 2v2 is unbalanced from the get go(but due to our population we'll have to live with that 2nd part).

As to how to implement it without disfranchising players who have deleted their ilvl 264 gear after replacing with ilvl 277 gear would require a bit of work from the staff, off the top of my head one option would be to add a vendor which lets you buy the ilvl 264 gear if you have the ilvl 277 version of it for free and maybe SE* if you have SM.

*though would need to flag SE as unique-equipped shared with SM to prevent its use in PvE by a certain spec :D

Just...

Gnurg

#23 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Jun 2016 09:58

Relina wrote:
ItchyVortex wrote: If we went with the PvE ilvl 264 limit, yes.
This is the only option I'd even consider supporting.

Just focusing on SM or its proc is being petty.
While ignoring the real issue which is the fact that endgame PvE gear is overflowing on TW in addition to the fact that 2v2 is unbalanced from the get go(but due to our population we'll have to live with that 2nd part).

As to how to implement it without disfranchising players who have deleted their ilvl 264 gear after replacing with ilvl 277 gear would require a bit of work from the staff, off the top of my head one option would be to add a vendor which lets you buy the ilvl 264 gear if you have the ilvl 277 version of it for free and maybe SE* if you have SM.

*though would need to flag SE as unique-equipped shared with SM to prevent its use in PvE by a certain spec :D
What would prevent you from disenchanting or vendoring this gear?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Relina

#24 » Post by Relina » 21 Jun 2016 10:41

Gnurg wrote: What would prevent you from disenchanting or vendoring this gear?
Option 1:
Make the vendor a limited time thing, say 1 month(too much time?) and to flag ilvl 264 items from ICC similar to how PvP items are flagged, cannot vendor/disenchant, as well as them being unique for this duration, after which remove vendor and revert flags to normal, for all except SE/SM.

Option 2:
Players that require replacement ilvl 264 gear makes a ticket and a staff member on investigating if they had said item manually adds them, this is a 1 time deal per character, player is free to do what they want with the item but if sold/destroyed will not be able to receive said item again, at least not without having to raid for it.

While both options are not perfect, we can work on that.

Like I said going this route (limiting pve gear above a certain ilvl) would require more work on the part of the staff than simply disabling SM, but its the only route which will lead to a even a semblance of balance, as much as can be expected that is.

Just...

keez
Donor

#25 » Post by keez » 21 Jun 2016 11:30

What a clown fiesta on these threads, everyone has their own version of what they wanna do. We will never get anything done if this continues.

Gnurg

#26 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Jun 2016 11:52

keez wrote:What a clown fiesta on these threads, everyone has their own version of what they wanna do. We will never get anything done if this continues.
We won't get anything done anyways, devs will. :^)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

ribbaribbahey

#27 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 25 Jun 2016 13:30

ribbaribbahey wrote:My opinion is surely biased, but I can't agree on all these hundreds of unBlizzlike implementations.
Just check http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35029

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#28 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 02 Jul 2016 11:47

Or...
...make shamans eligible for SE and SM :)))

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#29 » Post by Errorista » 12 Oct 2016 12:47

compromise was found with disabling SM proc in arenas so moving this to rejected