[Rejected] Disabling SM in arena

Regent
Tester

Re: Disabling SM in arena

#31 » Post by Regent » 19 Jun 2016 13:36

ItchyVortex wrote:And other comps don't get sniped?
Look at the arena ladder. Out of the top 15 teams, 12 are warrior comps. I, being one of them, spoke with my experience about it based on experience of current and previous seasons here. The whole poing being that anyone can get sniped here with a hard-counter due to the low population, if person A wants to screw over person B's team they just lost to, person B's team will most likely still be in queue if Person A decides to relog and make a counter just to get revenge for losing to them or for any other petty and childish reason. A healthy population like retail doesn't allow a phenomenon like this to occur as often as it happens here.
ItchyVortex wrote:Are you comparing bauble to SM or saying that it counters warr comps? Either way this opinion gets discarded.
Your inability to understand the problems posed by the usage of Bauble on non-healer classes / specs is not an argument against it. Read that entire sub-section again and understand the point before trying to cheaply discard a valid opinion that applies not only here, but also applied to AT when they allowed things like Bauble / STS / CTS / DBW hc / PNL hc / etc.
If you've ever played on AT, then you'd be well aware of the discontent it has caused because of unlikely saves that Bauble trinket allows (either by 1 or both DPS members of a 2v2 team using it to allow surviving situations that would normally be impossible).
It was a comparison if one ITEM permitting frustrating circumstances, just like another ITEM (like SM) has created another set of frustrating circumstances (Ergo, the current 2v2 arena ladder situation).
The difference of whether the culprit item being a trinket or a weapon is irrelevant, because both permit situations that aren't supposed to happen, given that s8 didn't last that long on retail.
Therefore, the opinion is as legitimate as any other thus, stands valid.

And for those saying, that people are giving different reactions now compared to the past attempt of suggesting this idea, have a look here:HERE (click) and HERE (click) and HERE (click) as well as Avseer's posts on page 3 and page 4 HERE (click) and HERE (click).
In addition, have a look at Boxis's post HERE (click) and Keez's post HERE (click) verified what I said in my previous post on this topic as well as the older suggestion that is still pending:
And keep in mind this doesn't even address the unbalance created by all those cancerous double spell-dps / spell-dps + rogue / spell dps + healer comps who run around with heroic CTS / heroic PNL / heroic DFO / Bauble on both dps players (since these comps benefit from trinket procs and raw overall gear stats rather than weapon damage).
My stance is on this hasn't changed since then and will continue remaining as it is now.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

keez
Donor

#32 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2016 13:45

Regent wrote:
Look at the arena ladder. Out of the top 15 teams, 12 are warrior comps. I, being one of them, spoke with my experience about it based on experience of current and previous seasons here. The whole poing being that anyone can get sniped here with a hard-counter due to the low population, if person A wants to screw over person B's team they just lost to, person B's team will most likely still be in queue if Person A decides to relog and make a counter just to get revenge for losing to them or for any other petty and childish reason. A healthy population like retail doesn't allow a phenomenon like this to occur as often as it happens here.
A healthy population doesnt allow dodgers like you to get above 2k also.
I really dont see a world where you without SM or without dodging could have more than 1200 rating so please man dont act like you know anything about whats being discussed here.
You just care about keeping SM from what I can see and show some respect to Esunna, dont be a jerk.

Regent
Tester

#33 » Post by Regent » 19 Jun 2016 14:02

keez wrote:
Regent wrote:
A healthy population doesnt allow dodgers like you to get above 2k also.
I really dont see a world where you without SM or without dodging could have more than 1200 rating so please man dont act like you know anything about whats being discussed here.
You just care about keeping SM from what I can see and show some respect to Esunna, dont be a jerk.
So suddenly my valid opinion gets discarded even though I provided logical explanations to back it up, but as soon as your judgemental opinion of me comes into play, suddenly his opinion is far more valid than mine? Jeez, thanks for showing that you proving that you aren't impartial and unbiased to begin with.
And if you want to talk about dodging, go right ahead. Call me that. By now pretty much every hater calls me that and I couldn't give 2 damns about it if I tried. Ironic that you should say this after you and Kuly queued vs my team and then left Lana/hurtful's team after your 1-4 win-loss to us even though you both went full tryhard with a counter comp to try and win.
You want to ask why my team doesn't queue vs counters? Ask Reck (aka Safeta, better known as Nikkal on this forum). He's the one who controls if and when we queue whenever both of us happen to be online. Ask anyone who knows me well enough, I don't back away from any fight, regardless of whether I'll win or lose. I'd rather keep losing and try to figure out how to win rather than stop after 1 loss. However... this isn't about just me, I have a partner to think about. Therefore...
-->>Nobody in their right mind throw away rating to a total counter comp after spending HOURS upon HOURS of sitting in queue only to face crappy teams and earn 1-5 rating at a time and then suddenly lose 20 rating at a time to a 0 rated counter. Take a good look at the match history of my team and you will see how wrong you are about me. Both this season's match history and my last season's match history was filled with losses like that and I gave no damns about it then either.

If you even remotely bothered to read any my posts, you will see I was (and still am) in favor of either disabling chaos bane or restricting platers to level 264 weapons rather than allowing SM players to run rampant like they are now.
To further add to the irony, I linked your post where you openly agreed with me about the posts I made regarding SM vs casters in ICC25hc/RS25hc trinkets. Funny how suddenly you pull a 180 and and hypocritically accuse me of knowing nothing about the current arena situation here. But then again I expected nothing less.
Respect is earned, not given. If he makes an opinion worth respect, I will rightfully grant him the respect he deserves. If he chooses to discard my opinion without bothering to provide any valid counter-argument, his entire opinion is as invalid as yours is about me.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

keez
Donor

#34 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2016 14:12

Regent wrote:Ironic that you should say this after you and Kuly queued vs my team and then left Lana/hurtful's team after your 1-4 win-loss to us even though you both went full tryhard with a counter comp to try and win.
Priest/dk is counter comp to warrior/druid?
You are really clueless when it comes to arena :D
If dont think me playing a priest is tryhard considring how bad I am at it, if I wanted to snipe you I would play shaman or warrior.
Also i think i played about 190 games this season on shaman and warrior and I dont think i ever met you in arena just shows how you try to run away from any sort of comptetion and just wanna farm low geared, low rated teams :p

nikkal
Donor

#35 » Post by nikkal » 19 Jun 2016 14:20

190 games... only our druid/warr have more than that, i believe, and we have met. I will fight anyone in 2s, as long as they don't spam HoF/hoP during cyclone, and yea, call us dodgers, i don't mind. Did you noticed any other team dodging? No? i wonder why... Keep watching us, yea, idc. Besides, do w/e you wanna with Sm, i'd say my pvp days are over on this server. Specially cause of constant whispers no matter win or lose vs ppl in arena.

Regent
Tester

#36 » Post by Regent » 19 Jun 2016 14:29

keez wrote:
Regent wrote:Ironic that you should say this after you and Kuly queued vs my team and then left Lana/hurtful's team after your 1-4 win-loss to us even though you both went full tryhard with a counter comp to try and win.
Priest/dk is counter comp to warrior/druid?
You are really clueless when it comes to arena :D
If dont think me playing a priest is tryhard considring how bad I am at it, if I wanted to snipe you I would play shaman or warrior.
Also i think i played about 190 games this season on shaman and warrior and I dont think i ever met you in arena just shows how you try to run away from any sort of comptetion and just wanna farm low geared, low rated teams :p
Your warrior paladin team is no different than any other warrior paladin team that I've lost to as Warrior-Druid this season. I specifically told Reck (Nikkal) that I won't tolerate dodging and that we should keep playing long as IRL time allows us to keep going until IRL obligations come up. I've lost vs Gnurg. I've lost vs Namin. I've lost vs Boxis. I've lost vs you (once this season after beating your shaman and priest multiple times, that I know of). I've lost vs Johnceena. I've lost vs Flossburn. I've lost vs Shaharan. I've lost vs Justice and I've lost vs Vaen. Lost to all of 'em and others too (whose name I may not be able to recall atm) - without a care. They all gave me a good fight and I was always ready for more, provided my partner is in the mood to keep going like I am. I have a profound respect for anyone who beats my team fair and square because it's always a learning opportunity to improve and do better next time.

You first tried with disc priest + unholy dk and then switched to your resto shaman + sm unholy dk.
You lost on both. Check the match histoy. The facts speak for themselves.
I lost like 80 rating yesterday vs a heavily geared counter and was willing to lose even more, provided that it result in a learning experience for my partner and myself. I could've stopped after just 1 loss but I didn't. But by your narrow definition, almost anything fits the description of a dodger so okay, keep trying.
You want to talk about me being clueless and yet in the process make yourself clueless when I said check match history and even gave you a clue about the Win-Loss ratio when you tried to fight us.
Now go on, tell me a resto shaman with grounding totem, windwhear, purge + everything that SM unholy dk offers is not a counter to SM arms + resto druid (I'll ignore the part about priest since you claim to be bad it it, which is fine since I'm not even good on my own priest either). Go on, please say it so I can make you look as clueless as you accuse me of being as such.
Back up your arguments with facts or kindly stop posting because with each post you keep making yourself look worse.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

keez
Donor

#37 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2016 14:57

I really dont have time to argue with you because the point of this thread is not about you or me, its about removing SM from arena.
And i dont know how you can compare yourself to me when you very well know what my level is what yours is.
If i had a dollar every time your partner asked me to boost him in arena i would be a very rich person so you both can stop pretending on forums you are anything but avarage.

Regent
Tester

#38 » Post by Regent » 19 Jun 2016 15:06

keez wrote:I really dont have time to argue with you because the point of this thread is not about you or me, its about removing SM from arena.
And i dont know how you can compare yourself to me when you very well know what my level is what yours is.
If i had a dollar every time your partner asked me to boost him in arena i would be a very rich person so you both can stop pretending on forums you are anything but avarage.
After I responded to ItchyVortex's unjustified post to defend my opinion about the original topic) you, being the topic starter, went off-topic yourself just to vent your frustration with your crappy assumptions about me. Newsflash, I neither care what level of player you are nor does anyone else nor do I care what your opinion is of me. As far as I'm concerned you're nobody to me. Keep dreaming about being someone of sufficient "level" in the meantime as that is, in the end, your right.
As for my partner, what he does is his business, not mine. He's his own person and is responsible for it as thus.
Re-read previous posts and you'll see that I came in here to lend my support to your suggestion in 2 acceptable ways.
Hell you even agreed to it.But, fine whatever. I don't care anymore.

TW staff, do whatever you like with SM, hell even disable it for use everywhere if you want. The arenas on this server a joke thanks to certain people who think the arena ladders here are their personal playground and think they are justified in insulting anyone who doesn't meet their narrow and primitive standards of what qualifies as a skiller player and what qualifies as a dodger or average player.
I'm done with this shitshow of a topic. Logic, valid arguments and posts by any voice of reason fall on deaf ears here.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

jemboy

#39 » Post by jemboy » 19 Jun 2016 15:26

Jesus, this turned into a flaming clown fiesta fast.

Anyway, back to the issue, I remember a topic like this was brought up long ago, and I also suggested limiting PvE gear to ilvl264, but allow all WF gear including T2. Only Dropdead recognized my suggestion, and nothing happened. Now it seems a lot of people want it, so if possible, I think it would be best.

keez
Donor

#40 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2016 15:30

I asked nyeriah to remove this thread and make a new one with a poll where ppl can vote. This really got of hand Im sorry but I really really dont like dodgers xD

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#41 » Post by Errorista » 12 Oct 2016 12:48