GROUND MOUNT AT LVL 20 AND THEN 60 (PrimalWoW)

Skembic

Re: GROUND MOUNT AT LVL 20 AND THEN 60 (PrimalWoW)

#16 » Post by Skembic » 30 May 2016 10:34

There is no point in doing that, and what's up with people and these requests? Keep it in mind this is not a custom server to make up whatever you want to make it easier.

Roxrenga

#17 » Post by Roxrenga » 31 May 2016 02:21

Well, I'm only trying to apply reason here considering you waste more than half your time running between quest locations. Yes, for a virtual landscape, it sure has a nice environment but we could save time on itineration by getting a helpful 60% mount.

Druids have travel form at level 16, Hunters have Aspect of the Cheetah and Shaman's have Ghost Wolf form and no one complains about it and it sure is a more than welcome boost for questing.
You might aswell consider throwing Vanilla experience out of the window, since you have RDF's and Cross-faction. Vanilla Zones were revamped after and this is far from the original experience on questing zones. In fact, I think this is a better replicate of original vanilla experience. And then you irrationally try to force mount at level 40.

Bros, i'm okay with it. If you want mount to be level 40, let it stay at 40. If the mount was only available at level 60 you would still irrationally try to force it to stay at 60. I was just suggesting a less hardcore way of doing things, which in my opinion, would improve in-game experience.

The first ground mount doesn't need to be at level 20 if that is a worry, but it could be at level 30, half-way through to level cap, which would be excellent. There is no sense on going all the way to level 40 by foot.
But as always, which one is entitled to his own opinion and you don't have to agree with me which some of you clearly don't.

I still appreciate your comments. My regards!

candre23
Donor

#18 » Post by candre23 » 31 May 2016 14:49

As others have mentioned, PW is supposed to be simulating vanilla as best as possible on the 3.3.5 client, and that means journeyman riding waits until lvl40. Sure, it's a nuisance to run everywhere on foot, but it was a nuisance in vanilla too - more so because of the fewer FPs and boats/zeps back then. Even with the "artificially" delayed mount, you can still hit 60 in half the time it would have taken on proper vanilla.

And as to the complaints about cross-faction grouping and RDF not being vanilla, I see those as necessary fixes to the low population problem. Finding dungeon groups without cross-faction RDF would be borderline impossible with only 200-300 players online at any given time, so those are a necessity. Mounts at 20 aren't.

Roxrenga

#19 » Post by Roxrenga » 31 May 2016 23:35

Yes, I agree on that point. You can hit 60 in half the time it would have taken on normal Vanilla and the FPs, boats and zeps have been improved.

It's also true that cross-faction and RDF are a necessity and I think that emulating Vanilla in Wotlk Client creates a better replicate in my opinion.

81 gold for riding skill is a too high for level 30, so the price would need to be lowered. Anyway, no replies from GM's so I guess it's not going to implemented.