GROUND MOUNT AT LVL 20 AND THEN 60 (PrimalWoW)

Roxrenga

GROUND MOUNT AT LVL 20 AND THEN 60 (PrimalWoW)

#1 » Post by Roxrenga » 28 May 2016 22:58

Hi,
Ok, it's very simple: So, PrimalWoW is a progessive realm that replicates Vanilla experience with RDF's and cross-faction.

Rdf's and cross-faction were brilliant ideas in my opinion, which do fit in a low population realm.

Now, what is bugging me, is mount 60% at lvl 40 and mount 100% at lvl 60. You know those retarded quests that throw you across Azeroth by foot to talk to a NPC and then he requests you to go back to give his "hi, there" to the original quest giver?

In early levels the quests are quite concentrated in the same zone. As you level, they get more and more scattered sometimes inter-zones and frequently you are requested to travel forth and back. I know WoW has a beautiful landscape alright, but could we be a bit more clever and allow 60% mount at lvl 20 to speed up things a bit?
(We can still look at the landscape :tick: ).

So, i'm not requesting WotLK former levels for riding skill. Instead, i'm requesting 60% speed ground mount at level 20 and then 100% speed ground mount at level 60.

My regards,
Roxxe

benzviliran

Re: GROUND MOUNT AT LVL 20 AND THEN 60 (PrimalWoW)

#2 » Post by benzviliran » 28 May 2016 23:03

not blizzlike =bye bye
I am the swarm

Dr. Who

#3 » Post by Dr. Who » 28 May 2016 23:28

its in WOTLK client but still...its trying to give the vanila experience soo... in vanila and TBC mounts were at lv40 and 60 get used to it or change to TW. =P
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 28 May 2016 23:53

Roxrenga wrote:allow 60% mount at lvl 20 to speed up things a bit?
I don't really see any problem with having the first mount at 20, but it might seem like a bit of an FU to new players to have a mount at 20 that they couldn't afford til their 30s. Personally, I would be against dropping the mount prices to their current super-low levels because it removes that sense of accomplishment.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Roxrenga

#5 » Post by Roxrenga » 29 May 2016 00:01

"not blizzlike =bye bye"

"(...)trying to give the vanila experience soo... in vanila and TBC mounts were at lv40 and 60 get used to it or change to TW."

Okay, but let's apply logic here while answering to both replies: Cross-faction isn't blizzlike and RDF's weren't available either in Vanilla and TBC. It is just to improve in-game experience and the probable reason why riding skill level was lowered was because the community complained and even the dudes at blizzlike put those brains working and figured it would be better to lower it as soon as 2010. Meanwhile, we have 6-year delay here.

I think changing a level value can't be that hard, unless GM's have that NASA difficulty problems to implement it.

Thanks for your replies ;)

Roxrenga

#6 » Post by Roxrenga » 29 May 2016 00:22

Fitzpatrick wrote:
Roxrenga wrote:allow 60% mount at lvl 20 to speed up things a bit?
I don't really see any problem with having the first mount at 20, but it might seem like a bit of an FU to new players to have a mount at 20 that they couldn't afford til their 30s. Personally, I would be against dropping the mount prices to their current super-low levels because it removes that sense of accomplishment.
I'm really not worried with the sense of accomplishment. I'm more worried with looking at a flat screen for 25 minutes just to go deliver a message because the NPC is too lazy to do it by himself. Also, the prices don't need to be super-low. Could be low enough to make it affordable at level 25 but the riding skill be available at level 20.

Well, if the accomplishment is a concern I could try to settle with ground mount at level 30.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 29 May 2016 00:26

Ignore Benzwhatever. He doesn't even play on PW to my knowledge.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

keez
Donor

#8 » Post by keez » 29 May 2016 01:51

I dont play on primal either but +1 to this its a good suggestion, it makes sense :)

oooooooooolde
Donor

#9 » Post by oooooooooolde » 29 May 2016 02:11

-1 from here

There's so few gold sinks on primal, i dont think we need less.

There's only a few long travel quests, and you dont need them at all to reach lvl 40

It messes with RAF people, since a lot of the time they wont have gold, therefore needs to invest more time on the server

Bagabontu
Donor

#10 » Post by Bagabontu » 29 May 2016 02:12

Roxrenga wrote:Hi,
Ok, it's very simple: So, PrimalWoW is a progessive realm that replicates Vanilla experience with RDF's and cross-faction.

Rdf's and cross-faction were brilliant ideas in my opinion, which do fit in a low population realm.

Now, what is bugging me, is mount 60% at lvl 40 and mount 100% at lvl 60. You know those retarded quests that throw you across Azeroth by foot to talk to a NPC and then he requests you to go back to give his "hi, there" to the original quest giver?

In early levels the quests are quite concentrated in the same zone. As you level, they get more and more scattered sometimes inter-zones and frequently you are requested to travel forth and back. I know WoW has a beautiful landscape alright, but could we be a bit more clever and allow 60% mount at lvl 20 to speed up things a bit?
(We can still look at the landscape :tick: ).

So, i'm not requesting WotLK former levels for riding skill. Instead, i'm requesting 60% speed ground mount at level 20 and then 100% speed ground mount at level 60.

My regards,
Roxxe

+1
Lone

For the alliance !

After all, it`s just a game ... enjoy it !

Bagabontu
Donor

#11 » Post by Bagabontu » 29 May 2016 02:22

Okay, but let's apply logic here while answering to both replies: Cross-faction isn't blizzlike and RDF's weren't available either in Vanilla and TBC.

Forgot bout arenas :D
Lone

For the alliance !

After all, it`s just a game ... enjoy it !

Deim

#12 » Post by Deim » 29 May 2016 19:55

Should be kept as it is. Few reasons why:
  • Gold sink (already mentioned above)
  • What about players that already threw huge (for that levels) amount of gold to get mounts and riding skills?
  • This realm was supposed to be as blizzlike as wotlk can be vanilla-like while not beeing cancer ( afaik 1.12 riding skills had outlandish prices and were 40 and 60)
  • Even without mounts leveling is fast why speed it up even more?
  • As long as u don't come up with "ingenious" ideas to jump from one zone to another that is far far away in early stage of leveling you should be fine with as all low level zones are near each other.
  • It's easier to travel in wotlk due to some new connections like Aberudine - Stormwind boat, additional Zeppelins on Horde side
  • just nope ay lmao :twisted:
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Roxrenga

#13 » Post by Roxrenga » 29 May 2016 20:11

oooooooooolde wrote:-1 from here
(...)

There's only a few long travel quests, and you dont need them at all to reach lvl 40

It messes with RAF people, since a lot of the time they wont have gold, therefore needs to invest more time on the server
It's not only travel quests; quests become increasingly scattered as you progress and a mount could be useful considering the time you waste going by foot between quest giver and quest locations. Then and frankly, after years of WoW, doing the quests all over again and specially by foot it becomes tedious.

Is there RAF on PrimalWoW? I thought it was a TrueWoW feature.

Also, Vanilla zones are revamped. The original Vanilla zones were way harder then what they are now. Like hardcore harder but it was doable with patience. If you add that improvement to RDF's, Crossfaction and (possibly?) ground mount at level 20, PrimalWoW is, in my opinion, a way better replicate of the original Vanilla experience. Vanilla cultists will disagree, but it is a fact that Vanilla needed improvements, which PrimalWoW provides at it's finest point by emulating Vanilla with WotLK client.

I also want to thank your comments and the positive votes from fellow players. My best regards!

Vaen

#14 » Post by Vaen » 30 May 2016 01:43

oooooooooolde wrote:-1 from here

There's so few gold sinks on primal, i dont think we need less.

I agree with this person, especially on the gold sink part. I also don't really feel that the minimum level should be moved for either mount, it does give a more vanilla feel to the server even if you have other quality of life changes. With dungeon finder it's not even that hard to move around before level 40.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Matsy

#15 » Post by Matsy » 30 May 2016 10:25

No thanks, keep it like vanilla had it.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own