[REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

Wilcox

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#61 » Post by Wilcox » 25 Jun 2016 16:43

ribbaribbahey wrote:I like to think GMs aren't speaking up because they are discussing privately about it
in fact its because nobody cares

keez
Donor

#62 » Post by keez » 25 Jun 2016 17:29

Wilcox wrote:
ribbaribbahey wrote:I like to think GMs aren't speaking up because they are discussing privately about it
in fact its because nobody cares
Nice burn
Also, true

ribbaribbahey

#63 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 25 Jun 2016 22:40

I see you get irony.
(you are so severe you made me wet)
I was so roasted my arguments don't hold anymore.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Roel
Founder

#64 » Post by Roel » 01 Jul 2016 14:41

While there have been a lot of arena topics lately, I promised to give a reply to this one because a lot of thought went into the suggestion. My post is also quite long because I rather want to be done with it instead of splitting it up in multiple posts.

From what I see there is indeed quite some disagreement but I also understand that nobody is really happy with the current situation. This is basically how it has been going on for years and how we eventually "forced" certain changes.

I think this suggestion is in the right direction but asking too much from a development point of view, not something I am willing to tackle alone like most of the previous arena changes. So the important question is, does any of our devs know how and are they willing to implement something like this?

This reminds me of a discussion we had last year (or 2 years ago?) and I think that version is a lot easier to realize. It was about only limiting high level PvE items in arena (like above 264). I believe that's the major cause for the imbalances rather than the difference between Relentless and Wrathful. And have that limitation permanently in arena rather than temporary based on rating (which would probably be a lot harder to code). If devs can pull off this version then we can always see when we want additional "features" coded.

And about players who deleted their 264 versions when they obtained heroic items. We could also create a system that allows receiving the normal version if you already have the heroic one. Or do nothing and hope they gain some motivation to do some raids again. I guess that would better be discussed as a separate suggestion.

Anyway these are just my practical observations with my opinion mixed in. Hopefully it will help to move things forward.

ribbaribbahey

#65 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 01 Jul 2016 17:32

Thank you b0ss for the consideration.

While limiting PvE items is surely a step in the right direction, I am afraid it is a measure that only benefits the current players.
The concern that pushed me to suggest something like this is with newcomers, who are forced to ''go hard or go home'' with PvP. Unsurprisingly, there are exactly no new players apart few transfers from a LONG time.

My opinion evolved from the suggestion i made years ago (and to which you referred to) because I think that improving the situation for the current players only (and in a unblizzlike way) is a momentary patching, rather than healing the root of the problem.

I've been thinking about some user-friendly and easy(er) ways to implement the whole seasonal lock.
The best one so far is that a special gear enchantment could be sold by arena vendors: an enchant that would unlock the enchanted item for BGs & arena. This way, the real coding part is immensely reduced.
Those enchants would be slot-specific and have the same arena rating requirement of the corresponding slot items, but costing no AP/honor.
There are many items that are not usable in BGs and arenas (arenas mostly). That means that there already exists a 'flag' that states if the item is usable in arena or not. Taking advantage of this flag, every season certain items (with a certain itemlevel?) can have the flag turned to FALSE. Once. Then, the players would be able to buy the enchant, turning this flag TRUE as it was in the beginning.

The coding part would reduce to:
- Implement the once-per-season flag-turning event
- Create the enchants. (The status of the flag variable in the gear tooltip would be awesome)

I really wish I could help you with this, is there a way to be useful?
Last edited by ribbaribbahey on 15 Nov 2016 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#66 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 04 Nov 2016 12:47

*Big fat necro*

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#67 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 12 Nov 2016 18:48

This ain't place for your shit. Behave like the grown-ass men you are.

I'd like to summon the GMs once again. [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade Of The Windseeker]

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

skyx

#68 » Post by skyx » 14 Nov 2016 03:04

Gnurg wrote:We don't really care about your quarrel, respect the OP and keep this off-topic off their suggestion.

Like I said previously, it would be interesting if there is an ilvl 264 restriction on gear (and a further ilvl restriction on trinkets because we all know ToCR trinkets and onwards are busted). New players might join and maybe even 3v3s might happen :o

Also on retail now, ALL trinket effects are DISABLED and only your average ilvl matters for BGs and arenas. And the difference between an ilvl 800 character and an ilvl 850 in pvp is only 5%.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#69 » Post by Nymunne » 14 Nov 2016 11:43

Had to remove the last 2-3 pages that had nothing to do with the topic but with players personal trash-talks and vendettas. Keep it civilized or the next thing that will be removed will be the forum privileges. If you want to argue and trash-talk each other then you are free to do it via personal messages.

ribbaribbahey

#70 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 15 Nov 2016 23:32

Is the server so dead that you stopped caring?
ribbaribbahey wrote:Thank you b0ss for the consideration.

While limiting PvE items is surely a step in the right direction, I am afraid it is a measure that only benefits the current players.
The concern that pushed me to suggest something like this is with newcomers, who are forced to ''go hard or go home'' with PvP. Unsurprisingly, there are exactly no new players apart few transfers from a LONG time.

My opinion evolved from the suggestion i made years ago (and to which you referred to) because I think that improving the situation for the current players only (and in a unblizzlike way) is a momentary patching, rather than healing the root of the problem.

I've been thinking about some user-friendly and easy(er) ways to implement the whole seasonal lock.
The best one so far is that a special gear enchantment could be sold by arena vendors: an enchant that would unlock the enchanted item for BGs & arena. This way, the real coding part is immensely reduced.
Those enchants would be slot-specific and have the same arena rating requirement of the corresponding slot items, but costing no AP/honor.
There are many items that are not usable in BGs and arenas (arenas mostly). That means that there already exists a 'flag' that states if the item is usable in arena or not. Taking advantage of this flag, every season certain items (with a certain itemlevel?) can have the flag turned to FALSE. Once. Then, the players would be able to buy the enchant, turning this flag TRUE as it was in the beginning.

The coding part would reduce to:
- Implement the once-per-season flag-turning event
- Create the enchants. (The status of the flag variable in the gear tooltip would be awesome)

I really wish I could help you with this, is there a way to be useful?

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

skyx

#71 » Post by skyx » 16 Nov 2016 01:42

ribbaribbahey wrote:Is the server so dead that you stopped caring?
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=35921

I made this suggestion before and all these "Wrathful Gladiators" lost their shit. They couldn't even refute any point I made.

Even if the staff did care, some players would still object because they need BiS gear to get anywhere.

Royo

#72 » Post by Royo » 16 Nov 2016 02:02

Or just prevent those ppl from queueing again. It's annoying that each WF person switches off to a rele char so they can get carried with their WF pal, then when that rele gets WF then the other guy gets their rele and this process continues until all of their 30+ chars have WF.

Queueing with multiple chars doesn't help, either. It's a very atrocious system that is currently in place now, favored towards the geared players. It's like me, being an adult, wanting to box with a toddler.

On TOPIC: What is the status on this?

skyx

#73 » Post by skyx » 03 Dec 2016 14:38

This is a recent game of mine.

Just look and compare the damage differentials between the warriors.

I requested for Regent to use lesser gear and he decided to just swap out HC DBW for WFS.

The opponent warrior was human at the time AND was using HC DBW and HC STS.

Therefore, the only real difference was the trinkets and the opponent did 200k more damage and still lost.

My healer gear is just furious/relentless/pve crap of max ilvl 264 and the opponent healer was full relentless and I was always in danger of getting 3 shotted when all of the enemy warrior's trinket procs aligned.

PvP should be about skill.

benzviliran

#74 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Dec 2016 14:55

skyx wrote:Image

This is a recent game of mine.

Just look and compare the damage differentials between the warriors.

I requested for Regent to use lesser gear and he decided to just swap out HC DBW for WFS.

The opponent warrior was human at the time AND was using HC DBW and HC STS.

Therefore, the only real difference was the trinkets and the opponent did 200k more damage and still lost.

My healer gear is just furious/relentless/pve crap of max ilvl 264 and the opponent healer was full relentless and I was always in danger of getting 3 shotted when all of the enemy warrior's trinket procs aligned.

PvP should be about skill.
sorry but i dont remember winning bighead requires much skill, more than that you could cast root and cyclone on stompa and he wont even dispell that or atleast not before 5 seconds pass which explains all.

but good work winning bighead i didnt think you are that good!
I am the swarm

skyx

#75 » Post by skyx » 03 Dec 2016 14:57

A good warrior would stop a caster from casting and at least attempt to spell reflect.

It is true BIghead could improve on his skills but the same could be said for Stompa.

Speaking of "skill".

Cool keybindings :)