[REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

Gnurg

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#76 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Dec 2016 15:23

skyx wrote:Image

This is a recent game of mine.

Just look and compare the damage differentials between the warriors.

I requested for Regent to use lesser gear and he decided to just swap out HC DBW for WFS.

The opponent warrior was human at the time AND was using HC DBW and HC STS.

Therefore, the only real difference was the trinkets and the opponent did 200k more damage and still lost.

My healer gear is just furious/relentless/pve crap of max ilvl 264 and the opponent healer was full relentless and I was always in danger of getting 3 shotted when all of the enemy warrior's trinket procs aligned.

PvP should be about skill.
Sacred Shield absorb. Just make Regent switch target a bit more often and he would do somewhat closer damage to what Stompa did.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

skyx

#77 » Post by skyx » 03 Dec 2016 15:25

Gnurg wrote: Sacred Shield absorb. Just make Regent switch target a bit more often and he would do somewhat closer damage to what Stompa did.
Then please explain the damage differential between Pwntato and Thema in my signature.

Their gear only differed with nm and HC STS more or less OR

Pwntato is a shit warrior idk.

Gnurg

#78 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Dec 2016 15:32

skyx wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Sacred Shield absorb. Just make Regent switch target a bit more often and he would do somewhat closer damage to what Stompa did.
Then please explain the damage differential between Pwntato and Thema in my signature.

Their gear only differed with nm and HC STS more or less OR

Pwntato is a shit warrior idk.
Thema switched target more often? Maybe Pwntato had to peel, because they were struggling? You can't really use those short examples as random factors can be very deciding. Once it goes beyond 1-2m damage, you'll probably see it even out more.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

skyx

#79 » Post by skyx » 03 Dec 2016 15:57

Gnurg wrote: Thema switched target more often? Maybe Pwntato had to peel, because they were struggling? You can't really use those short examples as random factors can be very deciding. Once it goes beyond 1-2m, you'll probably see it even out more.
Then WHY were they struggling? Is it because Thema got the Taunka DBW buff AND STS buff and Pwntato didn't? Are games decided by Overpowered procs fair and balanced?

You have to remember it is Shaharan who is healing and he would at least have most/everything necessary binded to minimise thought-input lag.

I am also pretty sure that game lasted more than 2mins but I only made one SS.

The underlying point I am trying to make is that PvE gear from ICC/RS is making arenas on TW harder than necessary and new players/newly geared character have an even rougher time overcoming the gear difference with skill.

People that are interested in playing arenas are put off from it.

Outplaying bad WF players with rele/furious gear is one thing but RS/ICC shit is another.

No one likes to lose and no one likes to get farmed.

EDIT: the damage done by both warriors indicates that the game lasted more than 2mins.
Last edited by skyx on 04 Dec 2016 04:29, edited 2 times in total.

Vaen

#80 » Post by Vaen » 03 Dec 2016 16:24

really though, who cares? The pvp scene is a joke.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

skyx

#81 » Post by skyx » 03 Dec 2016 16:47

Vaen wrote:really though, who cares? The pvp scene is a joke.
Come on man, the server population is in bad shape. Maybe a change in arena meta would do something.

ribbaribbahey

#82 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 05 Dec 2016 10:27

Vaen wrote:really though, who cares? The pvp scene is a joke.
So better not do anything about it, right? :)
Or, in case you were referring to their cat fight, I agree. Started as relevant, it is not anymore, please stop.

Roel, pls. Help me help you.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

adiba

#83 » Post by adiba » 05 Dec 2016 11:41

In a server where 80% of the players are pve-ers there's barely any raids or none at all, also not to mention that 1 hour que waiting time for one rhc. Change in the PvP system or w/e won't bring in new players and certainly not the old ones back.

ribbaribbahey

#84 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 05 Dec 2016 22:44

adiba wrote: 80% of the players are pve-ers
It is now like this, it wasn't. You can do the math yourself how many players would bring a healthy pvp scene.
adiba wrote:there's barely any raids or none at all
Another clue that no progression (either in pve or pvp) = dead (pve / pvp) scene.
adiba wrote: Change in the PvP system or w/e won't (A) bring in new players and (B) certainly not the old ones back.
Out of which evidence? I have two ''exemplar examples'' for both your points. A) My brother stopped because of the insane gear difference, and B) I would come back, gladly.
Result? Out there there is people who would. I admit I cannot tell if they would be more than the ones who leave. Retarded hpala awarr players will, probably, and that's all. But do you admit you don't know either? Someone between us has a strict point of view that does no good to the cause.

I am still amazed how strong is the self-preservation instinct of the people who would rather wear their WF set in Dala bank than actually play in Rele set.

But take your time, this place will be soon in need of a miracle rather than a tweak.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

skyx

#85 » Post by skyx » 07 Dec 2016 01:47

ribbaribbahey wrote:I have two ''exemplar examples'' for both your points. A) My brother stopped because of the insane gear difference, and B) I would come back, gladly.
Lol, that's pretty cute.

ANYWAYS,

On GD, they limit gear to ilvl264/WF only for 3v3s.

On DW, they do the following:
Lothloryen wrote:Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Wintergrasp:

There will be gear restrictions depending on the current arena season. For example, with the release of Algalon the current season will be 5, and there will be no chance that players have items with higher item level than that which correspond to this season or the current High end raid (as I mentioned all PvP vendors in Azeroth/Outlands will be fully configured ). However, once the season have rotated, there will be people who own PvE or PvP high gear ( Eg. Wrathfull or even trinkets like Deathbringer's will ), but the 5th season would be running again, thus everything will be restricted again with the appropriate level as maximum. Hence, these players cannot equip those items within Arenas, Battlegrounds and Wintegrasp and create an imbalance in regard to those who are not geared yet. With this, we have created a tight and really challenging PvP, where all that the players get, will be hard-earned and always with the same conditions for everyone.
@TW staff I am not telling you how to run your server but this is what your competitors are doing. At least they address (to some degree) that gear causes imbalances. It is one thing to be "blizz-like" and another to be fun. You guys need a new USP or I am experiencing de ja vu again...

Vaen

#86 » Post by Vaen » 07 Dec 2016 05:31

@Ribbaz, I mostly meant that it seems like a monumental effort for something which, at this point, people have very little interest in. You shouldn't probably let my negativity throw you down though. If something good can come out of this and someone's willing to code it then why shouldn't they do it?
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

skyx

#87 » Post by skyx » 16 Dec 2016 02:39

Vaen wrote:@Ribbaz, I mostly meant that it seems like a monumental effort for something which, at this point, people have very little interest in. You shouldn't probably let my negativity throw you down though. If something good can come out of this and someone's willing to code it then why shouldn't they do it?
Still puzzles me why TW neglected the PvP aspect of their server for so long. The SM proc disable is a step in the right direction. The only way we will ever see 3v3 here is either through a GM event or a Solo Queue feature in place of 5v5s (custom, un-blizzlike...)

and

I'd just like to share something funny that I came across

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/commu ... -lf-2v2-2k

This is apparently the r1 warrior on DW. Typical Warrior player. Click me some Blood Fury and PvP trinket.

I bet even Watermelons is better than this guy \o/

BUT AT LEAST there are arena queues there.

keez
Donor

#88 » Post by keez » 16 Dec 2016 22:57

skyx wrote:This is apparently the r1 warrior on DW. Typical Warrior player. Click me some Blood Fury and PvP trinket.

I bet even Watermelons is better than this guy \o/

BUT AT LEAST there are arena queues there.
Basically every private server arena is a joke.
Only competitive server that existed was AT but since they merged with molten its crap so being rank 1 anywhere means nothing really.
I remember playing 20+ min 3v3s sweating and my hands shaking back when AT was a popular server but you just cant get that experience anywhere now.
I guess if any of you real pvp players want to have a challenge and show your mechanics and skills maybe just look for playing other games where you can get the feeling of owning kids like we used to on WoW in the old days :)

skyx

#89 » Post by skyx » 24 Dec 2016 10:35

Roel wrote:... It was about only limiting high level PvE items in arena (like above 264). I believe that's the major cause for the imbalances rather than the difference between Relentless and Wrathful. And have that limitation permanently in arena rather than temporary based on rating (which would probably be a lot harder to code). If devs can pull off this version then we can always see when we want additional "features" coded.
Bump.

This change alone would make Arena 2v2s decent again.

This gear restriction already exists on a competing server (for 3v3s only) so why not have it here for both 2v2s and 3v3s?

PvE-orientated player would be more inclined to play arenas due to not being 2-shotted.

An increase in arena PvP activity would benefit the server overall.

Personal history part:

[hide]There use to exist a server named AlphaWow which was more or less like TrueWoW in terms of blizz-like rates.

Arenas there was fun because hardly anyone had over powered PvE items and uncommon double dps comps such as

lock/rogue
lock/mage
mage/rogue
arms/ enh
rogue/ele

etc

were somewhat viable[/hide]

skyx

#90 » Post by skyx » 29 Dec 2016 05:39

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 7&start=60

I didn't get a chance to answer "Flooded" but I think I should in this thread
Flooded wrote:The main issue that I can see with this suggestion is it might demotivate players who aren't interested in the competition aspect of the game. I think we haven't commented on this feature you've suggested just because no one in the server staff has either seen it as an easy implementation, might see conflicts with other players, or they might think that its not good for the server.
The reality is people who want to learn the PvP aspect of WoW on this server is put off by the fact that they constantly queue into Shadowmorons at low rating and unfairly dying in 3 hits (low skilled rogues and mages in particular). This demotivates players and reduces the number of teams playing as a whole and the effect is felt by everyone. An analogy would be if all the sheep are dead, the wolves die off too from hunger.
Flooded wrote: From a balance position, I understand the idea. I cannot really comment more about this though.
You guys are talented. I know it is possible. It might be too little, too late but no other PvE/PvP Wotlk out there does this for 2v2s (you can call it a new unique selling point!)
Flooded wrote: I think we could maybe set up a mini arena season or tournament with specific rules in place to limit the gear people are allowed to use. This would be something that would need to come from the community, but we could provide things like staff support as well (and maybe with some internal discussion, some prize support). Let me know if anyone would be interested in something like this.
Right. Even I tried yet I got no support from staff nor community (since most don't even frequent this forum anyways it seems).

And what prizes are left to give out?

PS: I did promise "Flooded" for my suggestions etc but he/she could search through all my posts and I don't think any of them

would be taken seriously at all.