[PW] pvp meta

majstorfanta

[PW] pvp meta

#1 » Post by majstorfanta » 17 May 2016 20:17

Hello,
So as all of you active pvpers know, shadow priests are pretty strong in bgs.
So strong that they arent afraid attacking alone against 3,4 enemies. Their OPness made quite a few ppl roll a spriest and they all went alliance.
The only real counter to them is paladin which horde do not have, so I would like somehow horde gets an acess to paladin if possible. What do you think?
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

oooooooooolde
Donor

Re: [PW] pvp meta

#2 » Post by oooooooooolde » 17 May 2016 20:57

I'm not sure just adding palas would do the trick.. But it would help.

The major reason for them being alliance is that the only dispellers are palas and priest. Rolling Ally halves their potential to get countered.

Atm as a pretty much bis warrior I can't crit more than 600-700 on them. Not sure if it's the % dmg reduc that needs to be nerfed or something along those lines, but they are in a way too good spot atm, ruining alot of fun.

Being unkillable and spamming devouring plague isnt healthy at all.

+1 for some form of action, it's getting out of hand

+1 for pvp balance (also nerf frost mages mana shield, and make dots unable to crit <3).

.cosminn123

#3 » Post by .cosminn123 » 17 May 2016 21:09

Horde didn't had pallies in vanilla bruh.
But, +1 for balancing the PvP scene a little.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

majstorfanta

#4 » Post by majstorfanta » 17 May 2016 21:14

horde having palas is easy way out, hard way d be to reduce preists dmg and nerf their shields, and not just theri but shield overall . It d probably make them sad sort of and i dont want them sad but dead
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

kurthos

#5 » Post by kurthos » 17 May 2016 21:19

Huge issue has to do with players actively choosing to abuse their roles within comps. Constantly when games do fire off, its 3 or more priests on Alliance and no priests (magic dispels) on Horde.

Currently there are free transfers for Alliance >>> Horde, but because these priest players enjoy the game as it is (them being in an uncountable comp), they'll stay where they are instead of doing what is best for the server. Several solutions exist within the player's control, but those same players enjoy the easy wins too much. Therefore some kind of developer decision should be made.

I would suggest reducing the amount of damage that Absorb effects do in PvP environments. I feel that Mages/Priests have a huge advantage over everyone else in that they can be overly offensive with little risk. Compare to another class like Warrior/Rogue/Hunter/Druid and they are very easily punished for over extending. Priests/Mages are just blatantly taking advantage of tools that other classes do not have access to right now and its only getting worse with more gear being available.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#6 » Post by MerelyASetback » 17 May 2016 21:21

kurthos wrote:I would suggest reducing the amount of damage that Absorb effects do in PvP environments. I feel that Mages/Priests have a huge advantage over everyone else in that they can be overly offensive with little risk.
This for starters.

majstorfanta

#7 » Post by majstorfanta » 17 May 2016 21:24

I rly like how kurthos sums things up, wish I could do it like that :P
cheers mate :)
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

siempjj
Donor

#8 » Post by siempjj » 17 May 2016 21:30

Just a quick reply from a shadow priest here. I agree 100% that the play-style of shadow priests in pvp is out of balance. Even from our point of view, at least mine, because playing a class that is basically only spamming one button for damage isn't a rewarding way to play you character. Do keep in mind we have no real defensive or dps cooldowns to use (other than trinket and shield maybe). There is no depth to it. Might be just me though :p

majstorfanta

#9 » Post by majstorfanta » 17 May 2016 21:37

well the bwl trink and shield is a lot of def cds :P, I want to see u do heal spells, as ele or enhance heals is all you have
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

kurthos

#10 » Post by kurthos » 17 May 2016 21:44

Quote from http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&start=30
Zanmato wrote: Seems like a simple ~20% resilence passive buff across the board while inside a battleground could help balance things out a bit, since pre-TBC gear has none.
Quote from similar thread I made in the suggestion forums http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34130
kurthos wrote:A few months ago both Priests and Warlocks were looked at due to their strong self sustain. There were nerfs applied to these classes and they have benefited the PvP community on PrimalWoW. One class that seems as an out lire when you consider the framing of those nerfs is Mages. Mages have two shields in the form of Frost Barrier and Mana Shield which are abusable when you consider how long they'll stay alive.

Its harder to give data showing how strong this actually is because you can't really provide absorb data in the healing logs of a battleground game, but there are situations that Mages can live through that should not be possible when compared to Priest and Warlocks.

In addition, the talent in the arcane tree, Magic Absorbtion feeds into the Mana Shield ability. Double dipping off of this talent, there is a real lack of spell penetration gear in current availability which means that there isn't a way to counter this talent or play style.

AQ20 is set to release in April or so, and with it the availability of the 3 set AQ20 bonus for Mages which gives 15% increased damage absorbed with Mana Shield. If this goes live in the current metagame, it will just further push Mages forward as a dominant force.

DISCLAIMER: I don't think mages should be nerfed into the ground; they really should have strong control/survival cooldowns as that fits into their kit for pvp. However, I think they should get looked at similar to how Warlocks and Priests were reigned in early on in the server's life time.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#11 » Post by oooooooooolde » 17 May 2016 23:44

Any devs/staff wanna chime in on this? Seen a lot of silence on the topic in the past, even thou the general consensus seems to be "Fix pvp in someway"

oooooooooolde
Donor

#12 » Post by oooooooooolde » 18 May 2016 17:16

Bump

oooooooooolde
Donor

#13 » Post by oooooooooolde » 20 May 2016 17:08

Bump... Devs pls

Flooded
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Flooded » 20 May 2016 19:29

Since this thread seems to be more of a collection of suggestions than a discussion, I've moved this to the suggestion forum.

benzviliran

#15 » Post by benzviliran » 20 May 2016 20:06

shadow priests are not OP and can be easily encountered in bgs.

"access to paladins" ? go to create new character create a paladin blood elf and lvl it to 80.

i believe also this topic has kinda false info and should be closed xd.
I am the swarm