[Rejected] Renaming realms

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Renaming realms

#16 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 09 Apr 2016 14:58

Just rename the primal realm to lvl 60 something, back in vanilla they had no addons anyway, so they should play without addons!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Naljs

#17 » Post by Naljs » 13 Apr 2016 08:51

So I've been fiddling with merging my addon settings between WoW clients and between different servers and accounts a lot lately, and there is a very simple way of doing that.

For this arguement's sake I'm gonna use 2 fictional game accounts called Naljs1 on TrueWoW and Naljs2 on PrimalWoW.
On Naljs1 I have the main character, Random1, and on Naljs2 I have the newly created character, Random2.
My goal is to merge the addon settings from Random1 to Random2.

In order to do this I must do following:
1) Backup my WTF folder. (Because.)
2) Locate my [ACCOUNT FOLDER]s (for me it would be My Computer/Downloads/Games/WoW/WTF/Account/[ACCOUNT FOLDER]s).
3) Delete my Naljs2 folder.
4) Make a copy of my Naljs1 folder and rename the copy Naljs2.
5) Enter the new Naljs2 folder and rename the TrueWoW folder to PrimalWoW.
6) Enter the new PrimalWoW folder and rename my Random1 to Random2.
7) Done.
Now there are a few addons that didn't get merged (SexyMap is the only one I am aware of so far, but I assume there exists a few more). If others don't appear to be merged you can find them in the addon profiles.
Remember that the settings are saved in SavedVariables and other files that got merged with the folders, and are bound by the character and account names. Simply adapting the folders names to the appropriate names should fix most of it on its own.

Why does this matter on a realm name change?

I haven't personally played on a realm that suddenly changed name, but I assume that you (after you back up your WTF folder ofc) only have to go through stage 5 to save your addon settings if such event were to occur.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Oct 2016 05:25

Well, I'm going to reject this for the inconveniences mentioned before and because there's not a lot of demand nowadays anymore.