1. I would like to give it a chance.
25%
2. I don't want any change.
75%

Total votes: 12

Gnurg

[Rejected] [TW] 5v5 suggestions

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Mar 2016 10:43

5v5 has really never happened in the last few seasons and if you look at the current season we're yet to have a single match. That means that we can freely experiment with this bracket as it would honestly not make any difference as otherwise it would just remain dead.

1. Limiting the possible queue times.
One of the problems I had when doing 3v3 was that you would rarely find any opponent to play against even though you had 4-5 teams who likely would be eager to play eachother. You basically had to stay alert at all times in order to look for anyone that queued up for 3v3 and very often they would refuse to play more games after their first loss. This was a real killer for the bracket as people aren't motivated to sit there all day waiting for an opponent.

By limiting the queue time to a certain timeslot, it would be a lot easier for the different teams to find eachother and it would therefore be played more games. The smaller the timeslot, the easier it would be to find eachother and I doubt it would limit the ammount of games due to how small the timeslot is. I would suggest weekends between 17-19, but that can be altered all after the prefrences given in the comments.

We seem to be a bit seperated in our opinions about limiting the queue, but keep in mind that 3v3 is included in the poll and the thread is 2 years old were the brackets were a bit more active than today. http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14206

The suggestions below assumes that suggestion 1 is applied. They should otherwise be ignored.

2. Instant 5v5 queue.
If we were to limit the queue to say a 2 hour timeslot saturdays and sunday, it would be a shame if a lot of game time went into staying in the queue. I would therefore suggest that this bracket completely ignore MMR and instead has an instant queue to keep the 2 hour period active for any type of team interrested in playing some 5v5.

3. Leave 3v3 queue as it is for now.
5v5 offers a lot more fun in aspect that there are no clear team compositions, which opens up for many possible class/spec combinations in comparsion to 3v3 were Warriors, Shamans, Holy Paladin and Warlock are the clear winners. If this works out great for the 5v5 bracket, it could possible be applied to the 3v3 bracket as well, but for now lets keep it at one step at the time.

4. Reapply Last Man Standing achievement.
Last Man Standing was disabled as everyone who played 5v5 did it in order to cheat this achievement. With the timeslots, they would be discouraged to cheat it as you would hopefully have more opponents to play against in order to complete it the legit way. Never the less, the arena log system could easily catch the players should they choose to play it out the unfair way.

These suggestion should not be applied before the next season starts (May), should we overally be positive to these suggestion.
Last edited by Gnurg on 20 Mar 2016 19:31, edited 4 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

Re: [TW] 5v5 suggestions

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Mar 2016 15:51

:)
Last edited by Gnurg on 20 Mar 2016 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Justicelight
Donor

#3 » Post by Justicelight » 20 Mar 2016 17:30

Why are you showing people options to pick then you try to link them togheter? Poll`s should be written very clear without any ties between INDIVIDUAL choices. The way your poll looks now feels like forcing players to pick an option if they want to pick the one they desire.

I recommend you delete topic, or keep it as you wrote it in the first place.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Mar 2016 19:44

Justicelight wrote:Why are you showing people options to pick then you try to link them togheter? Poll`s should be written very clear without any ties between INDIVIDUAL choices. The way your poll looks now feels like forcing players to pick an option if they want to pick the one they desire.

I recommend you delete topic, or keep it as you wrote it in the first place.
Updated the poll to make it simpler. Votes are therefore reset.

You clearly didn't read the first post as you missed out on the message that is now highlighted (suggestions below this assumes that suggestion 1 is applied). The main suggestion is to limit 5v5 to a certain timeslot in order to increase the likelyhold of teams coming together to play fair games, where win-trading is less likely to occur. The other choices are fairly inrelevant as they would not affect how many players that play 5v5. They just come as a bonus on top of the timeslot 5v5 to increase its potensial.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#5 » Post by Wilcox » 20 Mar 2016 20:54

Image -1st of may, 2014

Mala

#6 » Post by Mala » 20 Mar 2016 22:05

5 paladins will win.
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
Elie Wiesel

Justicelight
Donor

#7 » Post by Justicelight » 21 Mar 2016 03:09

Really? You just changed the poll for second time? I hope you realize what I really ment in my previous post, not that I "failed to read"...

I don't believe this is a serious suggestion anymore, since the topic creator plays with the poll choices as he wishes to, even if its not infringed by any server rule to do so.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Boxis
Donor

#8 » Post by Boxis » 21 Mar 2016 09:56

I have weird feelings that this suggestion is all about reapplying Last Man Standing achievement :) .

5v5 is not present here, and I personally don't think this suggestion would change it.

kurthos

#9 » Post by kurthos » 21 Mar 2016 10:46

What if you were allowed to solo queue for a rated 5v5 match? That would potentially increase activity. It would be similar to a skirmish match.

You'd have to have a 5v5 team, but you wouldn't be required to be in party with other players.

Wilcox

#10 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Mar 2016 11:06

that's called skirmish. it just won't happen, i tried this when server had higher population

Dunkelstein

#11 » Post by Dunkelstein » 21 Mar 2016 11:27

On Primal we have to deal with an even lower population, but some still manage to do weekly 5v5 games for the extra arena points at low rating.

Get together 10 guys from your guild, put BOTH teams into the same TS channel and laugh your asses off. Put up forum posts and advertise it in LFG, and just repeat the event every week at the same exact time, like you would do with a raid.
Just don't take 5v5 serious, oneshots are almost as guaranteed as the free arena points and entertainment ^_^
Aka Funkelstein

Wilcox

#12 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Mar 2016 12:13

Dunkelstein wrote:On Primal we have to deal with an even lower population, but some still manage to do weekly 5v5 games for the extra arena points at low rating.

Get together 10 guys from your guild, put BOTH teams into the same TS channel and laugh your asses off. Put up forum posts and advertise it in LFG, and just repeat the event every week at the same exact time, like you would do with a raid.
Just don't take 5v5 serious, oneshots are almost as guaranteed as the free arena points and entertainment ^_^
i did exactly that except for the voice chat part, i am now the most hated person ever that dwells the realm

Wilcox wrote:Image -1st of may, 2014
this isn't a joke

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Oct 2016 09:39

Move to rejected.
Errorista wrote:summon
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE