[Rejected] [TW] Cross Faction RDF at lower levels

Gnurg

[Rejected] [TW] Cross Faction RDF at lower levels

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 18 Mar 2016 16:39

Having played a bit on PrimalWoW now, I must say that cross faction random dungeon finder makes leveling much better. As a tank, it's pretty much instant queue from 2 pm and that's with PW's smaller population. It creates an illusion that the server isn't as empty as it is for the lower levels.

Would it be possible to implement this on TrueWoW?
Are there anyone against this?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

Re: [TW] Cross Faction RDF at lower levels

#2 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2016 16:54

Gnurg wrote:Having played a bit on PrimalWoW now, I must say that cross faction random dungeon finder makes leveling much better. As a tank, it's pretty much instant queue from 2 pm and that's with PW's smaller population. It creates an illusion that the server isn't as empty as it is for the lower levels.

Would it be possible to implement this on TrueWoW?
Are there anyone against this?
Probably just PvPers and Radical Blizzclone players.

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 18 Mar 2016 16:56

i must admit, i constantly see low level players ranting about why the low level dungeon finder queue never pops up. even though it goes against the code of being blizzlike, we sometimes need these "non-blizzlike" changes to keep things smooth

i actually want this to happen so that instead of our dungeon groups, our queue times will be more blizzlike. i don't see any problems with that

yes please.

mcheka

#4 » Post by mcheka » 18 Mar 2016 18:08

I'm one of the Blizzclone radicals and would still be for this. As Wilcox says it's trading Blizzlike faction distinction for Blizzlike queue times.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2016 18:13

Except that there's only one queue per faction, regardless of what level the players are, and you can only enable the cross-faction feature if you enable it for them all.

Wilcox

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 18 Mar 2016 18:15

Nyeriah wrote:Except that there's only one queue per faction, regardless of what level the players are, and you can only enable the cross-faction feature if you enable it for them all.
i don't really think it matters, does it?

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2016 18:23

I'm not sure if that's something the community would want. I rather think it's something people are fine with as long as it doesn't affect them. It's hard to assume anything however, just from the crowd that visits the forums.

Mala

#8 » Post by Mala » 18 Mar 2016 18:24

Wilcox wrote:we sometimes need these "non-blizzlike" changes to keep things smooth
i don't see any problems with that

No! I left my previous PvP server because they launched the system of cross-faction RDF and RBG. It's insane for PvP server - you help your enemy to get gear and, as a result, to kill you. Sounds like a legal suicide.

Blizzlike or death.
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
Elie Wiesel

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 18 Mar 2016 18:25

it's just dungeon finder after all, i don't really see what the fuss is about, and with the reason I stated above I think it's a legit change in a positive direction

surely raids and pvp won't be affected by this so I guess it's more beneficial than harmful if anything
Mala wrote:
Wilcox wrote:we sometimes need these "non-blizzlike" changes to keep things smooth
i don't see any problems with that

No! I left my previous PvP server because they launched the system of cross-faction RDF and RBG. It's insane for PvP server - you help your enemy to get gear and, as a result, to kill you. Sounds like a legal suicide.

Blizzlike or death.
it's going to be dungeon finder only, not battlegrounds

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2016 18:26

Nyeriah wrote:Except that there's only one queue per faction, regardless of what level the players are, and you can only enable the cross-faction feature if you enable it for them all.
You confusing me, what "all"? Cant be limited from lvl 15 to 50?

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2016 18:29

Yeah.

There are two lists. One for horde, one for alliance.

When a player queues, it's put in either list, regardless of their level.

The dungeon finder system then checks each player and try to find compatible maps.

A group is formed once the roles are filled and all 5 players are compatible to a specific map.

-- No. As it is, you can't condition it to only work with a certain level range.

The viability of this suggestion depends on what the developers have to say about it. The lists would need to be split into 4 and I'm not sure exactly what could be expected from that

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 18 Mar 2016 18:53

Nyeriah wrote:Yeah.

There are two lists. One for horde, one for alliance.

When a player queues, it's put in either list, regardless of their level.

The dungeon finder system then checks each player and try to find compatible maps.

A group is formed once the roles are filled and all 5 players are compatible to a specific map.

-- No. As it is, you can't condition it to only work with a certain level range.

The viability of this suggestion depends on what the developers have to say about it. The lists would need to be split into 4 and I'm not sure exactly what could be expected from that
Cross faction rdf for 80s could work too. Chances are they might fight or argue a bit, but with time, I guess it would be fine. :)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Kagome

#13 » Post by Kagome » 18 Mar 2016 18:57

Well personally I wouldn't mind shared rdf if it meant faster queue timers. But wouldn't that require additional work on xfaction chat? I mean can xchat be implemented only in rdf situation, cause if it had to be implemented everywhere that would be going further and further from being blizzlike xd
I want to believe people would be mature enough not to qq at each other cause of things that happen in PVP scene but that sadly may not be case.
Last edited by Kagome on 18 Mar 2016 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

demonlord

#14 » Post by demonlord » 18 Mar 2016 18:58

Im against it as i see more problems comming from it.

Since you cant implement it for a certain range of levels it wil be for all including rhc's.
if you enable this youll have to implement crosfaction chat as well and im really against that cause people will flame out at eachother alot in pvp situations.

f.a.: getting in a group of 4 ally and one horde and not having cross faction chat, you cant communicate with the team at al.

so -1 for me cause of the consequences and -1 for getting further from blizlike as kago said
Neither Beast nor the Stalker shall stand in my way.
Neither Light nor the Shadow shall ruin my day.
Neither Energy of a Rogue nor a Warrior's Rage.
Neither Frost, nor Fire or an Arcane Mage.
Neither the Crusader with his Auras shining bright,
Nor the Demon Lord or the Ebon Knight.
Not even the Shapeshifter can withstand.
The power of a Shaman with the spirits in his hand!

You come get da Voodoo

Ancestor

#15 » Post by Ancestor » 18 Mar 2016 19:13

rdf only for low levels are ok, everything can do to make it work, but crossfaction 80 rdf or bg, NO