Voting - Server Population

Gnoworries

Voting - Server Population

#1 » Post by Gnoworries » 24 Nov 2015 14:47

I feel that the current rewards for voting are actually having an adverse effect on the server population. Vanity and Mount rewards don't really motivate people to vote. The proof of this is the number of people that actually bother to vote at all. Many people that I have spoken to about this agree that the rewards do not inspire them at all.

Vanity Rewards - Only a few worth having.
Mounts - How many mounts do you need?

The lack of incentives to vote is resulting in nowhere near enough votes to push the server up the rankings and so we are currently languishing in approximately 30th position on the 5 WoW Private Server lists we can vote on. In fact, we are actually on page 2 on one of these charts. This situation will hardly make people want to sign up to Primal, in fact it will have the opposite effect.

Bearing in mind that riding 150 will cost you almost 800g and dual talent 1,000g. Surely the best incentive to vote would be the facility to exchange vote points for gold? Many if not all of the other private servers offer this reward, plus they offer a fair amount of decent gear you can exchange your points for.

I have been quite active in attempting to help push the server up those charts, but have realised that it's actually going down the charts, not up. So with that motivation to vote being no longer valid for me and as the rewards do not motivate me in the least. I find I am voting less often. I am sixth on the all time voting list at present.

I strongly urge the powers that be to review the reward system. The current system is failing.

offheal

Re: Voting - Server Population

#2 » Post by offheal » 24 Nov 2015 16:12

gold will make big impact on an economy.
I personally did not ever vote, vendor-pet seems handy, but I already have gone too far to put it to use.
There is nothing I could possibly want at this point. Mana potions, maybe? xd

Jetshack
Donor

#3 » Post by Jetshack » 24 Nov 2015 17:22

So... Pay to win?

waldbaer

#4 » Post by waldbaer » 24 Nov 2015 17:34

Gold and pre raid gear via voting only hurts the community on the long run. These websites in general will not revive the realm i think, the only thing that can is creating a new hype for it

.koljo

#5 » Post by .koljo » 24 Nov 2015 18:55

I m third on overall top voters and I would possibly leave the server if they done smth like that...only thing i would like in vote shop is hearthsteed and some other mounts.These vote sites are almost useless in finding new players coz experienced private server players know where to search for them and new ones just take first few that usually suck so being 30th or 10th doesnt rly matter.

Gnoworries

#6 » Post by Gnoworries » 24 Nov 2015 20:32

So you farm like crazy to make enough gold to buy riding and dual spec etc. That gold doesn't go back into the economy, it's being swallowed up. Much of the gold earned by exchanging vote points would be used to buy items from the ah and so surely would help the economy to flourish?

offheal

#7 » Post by offheal » 24 Nov 2015 20:41

no, you just log in after a month and see auction costs doubled for no reason

Roel
Founder

#8 » Post by Roel » 24 Nov 2015 21:06

Inflating gold into the market indeed only causes prices to rise like what can be seen at all servers that offer something like that. Farming on the other hand is good for the economy and the gold sinks are required to keep prices down.

The kind of community we're trying to have here doesn't want a pay to win system and would probably vote even without rewards. Like mentioned some of these respectable players would simply leave if that's what this server would turn into, contradicting the goals. Extra rewards probably won't do much for those who don't care to vote. They don't want to do anything besides playing and they will get the gold and gear that way.

Anyway, as always thanks for the suggestion.

.koljo

#9 » Post by .koljo » 24 Nov 2015 21:57

You dont need to farm like crazy because you dont need to get dual spec and 100% mounts within few days.Why every just wants to have everything right now right here. Take it easy, do some quests, gather some mats, do some dungeons, raids...You ll get there in couple of weeks even months.Afterall if you care for this server and want to play on it you ll play for a long time as progression really takes its time.
Btw you really think economy flourish if you see lvl20 green items for 100+ gold? Thats a huge turn off for newcomers and we want those to stick.

Bigntasty275

#10 » Post by Bigntasty275 » 24 Nov 2015 22:33

I played wow many years ago and started off in vanilla, like most of you I'm guessing, and the reason this server is so attractive to me is because it brought back the old wow we loved (and sometimes hated). Even though I loved TBC I resented new players a little but because it catered to a newer generation of players that demanded instant gratification. The days of old where you had to farm rep, gold, and mats was gone. When I first turned 60 on my human rogue it took me almost 1.5 months to get my epic mount. This server is a throwback to what the game was and what I had been looking for. I researched and read reviews for about 2 weeks before deciding Primal and I have no doubts as I am working my shammy up the ranks of leveling. Plus this community is amazing and really goes out of the way to help. I wouldn't change a thing about the server, I do hope population will grow, but I don't think giving gold or gear for votes is the way to do it.

Markien21

#11 » Post by Markien21 » 24 Nov 2015 22:52

The current vote rewards are really good !!! the server needs time just that , and it will be nice to make a new hype as a fella mention it before , Reddit for example is a good way to adv the server, Youtube videos even though after the Dodgy kebab's vid i was expecting big population rise but that's life :P anw the server need's to advert more the whole idea of progress ! who doesn't want to feel and see again the opening of the dark portal or the opening of AQ ?? :D
i think the server will be better . also an idea that just poped in my head is that they can give a free lvl 50 or 60 to the players in true wow but ofc with some conditions like old players ? or something like that anw.

Gnoworries

#12 » Post by Gnoworries » 25 Nov 2015 00:25

I am most definitely for the ethos and agree wholeheartedly with much of what has been said here in respect of that. My main point however, is that encouraging more voters would elevate our ranking and therefore in theory, attract more recruits.

I too have played since the original Vanilla and no doubt like most of the players on the server, have tried several of the other private servers and spent countless hours leveling many characters and improving their stats.

I am an Altoholic and as such really enjoy leveling, but I do not particularly relish the thought of having to level all of my toons at x 1 rate, to then have to spend months and months gearing them all up and getting them all onto fast mounts. Then have to do it all again in TBC and then again in LK.

I am certainly not advocating pay to win. I am simply attempting to point out that a little help for people like myself who enjoy playing a variety of classes, would be most welcome and perhaps encourage more people to vote.

One of the complaints I have heard countless times over the years, was that Blizzard did not cater for the casual player at all, concentrating entirely on creating a time sink. Are we doing the same here with this philosophy?