[Rejected] Instant 60

Krex1992

[Rejected] Instant 60

#1 » Post by Krex1992 » 09 Nov 2015 11:18

Hi it's your favourite mr skeleton hurrican aka Team autism member. Today I'm going to speak about Instant 60 negative and positive.

Why Instant 60 on 1x realm?

- There are a lot of people who have been spending time with lvling new characters on retail wow and different pservers. Majority of people hate to lvl to level cap to do some end game content. Just see retail wow when they introduced instant 90, there was a lot of QQ on forums but what happen after 2 months? Nobody cared anymore and just spend 60 bucks to skip lvling.
- As that is now made inside retail wow, it's part of "blizzlike" term.
- Will make more people likely to play here so they can see the good raid scripts we have in MC, ZG and Onyxia.
- Will also help to cover costs and rents for this server.

Why no Instant 60 on 1x realm?

- Will ruins immersion for those who enjoys to do a real character progression from scratch.
- Harder for people to find other people to do some dungeons with.
- People will force themself to do Instant 60, because there is most of population is at the moment.

What will be the reward and price for Instant 60?

- The price can be around 15-30 Euro and 16-32 USD
- I can contain a free 75 Riding skill and a superior mount, all skills enable and bought, 5x 14 slot bags and 200-250 gold. (Why 200-250 gold, that was the amount of gold I manage to get when I level capped my druid and what others are likely to get, however I don't take action if you use AH under lvling)
- I don't add 2x free profession, because in retail wow you need a character at lvl 60 with professions to get the benefit with free profession level cap.

If you agree leave a comment, if you hate it leave a comment. Please dicuss about what the reward shall be. I hope we can get this through to make more people to play here.

Mr skeleton hurrican aka Team autism member
Crimson
Keo
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

offheal

Re: Instant 60

#2 » Post by offheal » 09 Nov 2015 12:08

I think, if you donate for any level it should be completely naked and w/o skills. Supposedly for your x1 main char go pay up for.
Also it should be level 58, or even less, so they cant get into raids (55). i hope by that time prison runs will be nerfed.
Profession 35 lvl+ - since this server does not have profession cooldowns ( of which i greatly disapprove), you will not benefit from anything than gathering proffs.
Completly naked, not even 1 slot haloween bags, i want to see those fuckers kicked out of rdf (put some effort in your char, dummy) or get carried by guild.

PhelanVelvel

#3 » Post by PhelanVelvel » 12 Nov 2015 23:10

Honestly, I don't understand why instant 60 isn't more accepted. This is already not the true vanilla leveling experience, we're not here to level, honestly, we're here to raid. One barrier to starting on a newer, less known, less populated server is that you're going to put in the time/effort to level, and the server might just die. I have had this happen to me before on a true 1x vanilla server and it sucked. I was trying to be hopeful and helpful by putting my time into the server even though it was a less known project, not trying to be a critical dick like "why should I waste my time on this server", and that's exactly what I ended up doing.

It's not that I have a casual attitude towards games, I just work full-time and have other responsibilities that prevent me from slaving away on the leveling grind the way I did when I was in college. I don't mind leveling if I know I can then raid on my character and give it some lifespan, but I don't like to constantly take chances on various servers and re-roll and level and re-roll and level on the off-chance one of them works out. Granted, leveling here is obviously much faster and easier than what is true for 1x vanilla, but it's still a barrier. I know multiple people who aren't joining because they don't feel they will have the time to level. They are people whom I have raided with in the past and are on a spectrum from new but teachable to extremely experienced and skilled. Can they make time around work for raiding? Absolutely. But leveling is not fast/easy for everyone. I'm horrible at leveling because it's boring and repetitive. I hate it. I have to force myself to do it for the sake of raiding, which I love and am good at. I'm still going to level my character, but I figured this was an opportunity to point out that instant 60 would definitely get more people on the server.

Sure, some people have the attitude that instant 60 is too easy. But leveling is not "hard", it's just a time investment. You can be a total idiot with a garbage spec, know nothing about your class or how to itemise it, and you can hit 60. It really has nothing to do with skill, so I don't understand the problem. You can do these stupid "kill 10 mobs" quests in your sleep. If the raids are being released with hardcore raiders in mind, it's clear this server in general is geared towards people who want a raiding challenge, not a leveling challenge, so I think instant 60 is more than fine.

I've leveled enough times in my life. I understand and respect what it means to level in four iterations of this game. There is something charming about the "vanilla" world and how grueling it is, but that's not what this is -anyway-. I'd pay for the instant 60 without gold, bags, professions, or gear. Any day. (And I would never be such an asshole that I would try and do a dungeon without any gear, to be clear on that point.) I would never want to pay for gear or anything raid-related, but that's because that's where the challenge lies, not in leveling. In my opinion, paying for a naked instant 60 is equivalent to paying for a vanity item. You would still have to put forth the effort to level your professions, farm your gold, you won't have quest chains started/completed, etc. The only thing you gained is the time you would have spent leveling, and for a lot of people, that's enough.

Once again, leveling does not require skill, but time. I do think more people would play here if they could just get the instant 60 so they can see the damn raids and evaluate the scripting quality for themselves without first having to commit 2-4 weeks of their life to a server with a very low population and no security it won't just fail. And I think that's one reason servers with high populations just snowball, because people see "Oh, look at all these people playing here. It must be good and worth my time to level."

It's a catch-22. If people only want to invest time in well-known, popular servers...how is a server ever supposed to build its community up? Most people still playing private servers nowadays are adults with lives who can afford $20 to get a character and take it right into the "real" part of the game, gearing up and raiding, but don't want to expend a few hours every day just to level a character they might lose in two months when the server dies. Just my two cents. I'm still going to level, but I really think an instant 60 even with nothing included would be enough to get more people to play. We'd get those people who are thinking "Yeah, I'd like to raid again, but I don't have the time right now to level, especially if this server's future is questionable."

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Oct 2016 06:45

Yes, sorry, but we won't give out instantly leveled character or sell instantly leveled characters. Rejecting.